Macbook cases (international travel related)

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I know plenty of you are international men of leisure as well as owners of Macintosh Computers. Can any of you recommend a durable case for me to keep my sleek and sexy machine safe and intact while I travel the globe?

Comments

• DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
    Day: Matias makes some nice hard cases, as well Pelican.
    Hope this helps!
    Peace
    Zeb

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    i use this:

(Gravis L case)

coupled with this:

(InCase ripstop backpack)

and it's straight

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    has anyone balled out on one of these yet?

shit looks pretty big from the box I saw so I don't know how good it is for travelling.

• hugh_lucerohugh_lucero 485 Posts
    someone else might be able to confirm, but everytime I go through the xray area I get asked if theres a laptop in my bag which makes me think that if there was I'd have to take it out for the whole xray process - so yeah, make sure removal is easy I guess ..

and surely the 6 million question has to be where will these international travels be taking you !?!

• aradpumaaradpuma 83 Posts
    i have been using an "incase" nylon sleeve with my powerbook for 4 years now..
    it's travelled with me overseas several times
    and been through several falls (i'm an idiot)
    and got thrown around in a car accident
    and there was no damage to my machine,
    so i'd recommend them.

this one (that i have) is more function over fashion, but they might have something else that's "sleek"
    i would definitely go with nylon though, i don't trust that neo whatever shit for nothing.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I use a Brenthaven, which are pricey but have a lifetime warranty and are extremely durable. Very high quality materials, excellent zippers. You may laugh now but if you buy a cheap case I guarantee you will be pissed off cuz the zipper broke.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

Pelican cases are unfuckwithable I have used them for years for camera/video gear. They have a lifetime warranty and they look cool. I dont have a laptop but i would have a pelican case if i did

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    has anyone balled out on one of these yet?

shit looks pretty big from the box I saw so I don't know how good it is for travelling.

i say hell no, not for the $$...but for the fit. the above bag might not make it in the "see if your shit fits" box they have set up at check in. heathrow is no joke.
    when connecting flights in europe, you will find companies like ryan air, easyjet etc...all have restrictions on size and weight. i travel with a dj bag ( fatbeats/ like the old rawkus one) my serrrato box fits in, a small batch of vinyl(45sx5lps) needles etc. i travel as light as possible...both bags are carry on for me, but once you get to london they make you check one....even tho all other countries ahave all,owed me 2.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    You need to get the incase knapsacks .

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I really love my Headliner Bag.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I use an OGIO Metro backpack, got a built-in laptop sleeve, roomy, and pockets for all the extra stuff you could possibly need. Seems like it will last a while too, good deal for $70.

• meistromocomeistromoco 953 Posts
    the burton dj bag is solid and a great deal...has a nice snug compartment for the laptop too:

http://store.burton.com/SSBags/PRD_60231/DJ+Bag.jsp?bmUID=1179337684294

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I really love my Headliner Bag.

This is looking pretty good. I need a backpack that will hold everything ($erato, records, laptop, cables, etc. ). Which one do you have? Looks like they have a new model out but doesn't ship until the end of the month which is cutting it close for me.