Best soulseek client for Mac?

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,897 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Friend of mine has just shelled out for a Mac and asked what I used for p2p. I have the official slsk client on the PC, but there seem to be a few choices for the Mac slsk client.Which should he go for?Thanks in advance. I asked this last night on the strut slsk forum but folls slept.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Tell him to buy Parrallels (sp?) and install soulseek.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    the two main ones I found when I looked were Nicotine and SoulseeX

Nicotine requires a bunch of additional plug-ins and going into the console utility to set it up whereas SoulseeX is very simple like limewire.

needless to say I use soulseex. Speaking of which, I'm new to the slsk game, any tips or recommendations?

user: prof.rockwell

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,897 Posts
    There is an official strut room on slsk. In the room list, click (or right-click) "Create Room", enter "soulstrut" and see who's online.

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    I just got soulseex, seems to be fine

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Okay im a dumbass i admit it but i just Downloaded Soulseex. It opens fine but i can't seem to find any users or files. I've clicked connect to network and i know im online but nothing is happening??

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    I have used solarseek in the past and it seems pretty good. I had tried to setup Nicotine a couple of years ago but there is too much work you need to do to set it up. Solarseek is just install and use....simple!

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Okay im a dumbass i admit it but i just Downloaded Soulseex. It opens fine but i can't seem to find any users or files. I've clicked connect to network and i know im online but nothing is happening??

yeah, it's a little weird at first. Go to "window" and select "search and transfers"

then there is a little button at the bottom "new searches" hit that, plug in your search terms, hit enter and let it do its work. When you double click on a file you want it will que up for downloading. You can hit the "downloads" button at the bottom of the window to track progress

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    I like the interface on Solarseek better than SoulseeX. SoulseeX has individual windows for everything while Solarseek has access to everything in one window. Althought, I haven't used either for a while now that I got laid off and had to hand my powerbook back so SoulseeX might actually function better.

http://www.solarseek.net/

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Word thanks bro. Just couldn't get my head around the different layout.

• I've had no problems with SolarSeek, either.