JAPANESE JAZZFUNK RECORDS WHICH ARE

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
..............do they exist???and im not talking bout japanese joints with US catsim talking japanese records with japanese players!!

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    They sure do......

Try Terumasa Hino - Hip Seagull or... Into Eternity for starters

Ryo Kawasaki - Mirror Of My Mind...

my brains not working right now, once it starts to function again, I will post some shit up....

peace.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Ive been searching, trust me. The japaneese with us players can be . But from what Ive heard, its not good. Maybe I need to digg deepa;.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i was wondering this exact same thing recently. i've got a few japanese jazz lps that i dig, and i want more.

also...

Teruo Nakamura - Unicorn on TBM
    also try the Mickey's Mouth album on East Wind and Shunzo Ohno's records.... also can't forget the Count Buffalo's stuff.

One of the bigger grails and probably the best masterpiece there is from Japan is Hiroshi Suzuki's album called "THE CAT".

I got tons more really hot funk records from Japan, stuff on East Wind and TBM that people don't talk about.... I just can't remember names right now...

peace.

my hommie in Tokyo just reissued these records, they are all HOT AS FUCK;

Takeshi Inomata Sound Ltd.
    Sounds Of Sound Ltd.

Jiro Inagaki & His Soul Media
    Head Rock

Masahiko Sato & Big Soul Media
    Bridge Over Troubled Water

Kiyoshi Sugimoto Quintet
    Babylonia Wind

Akira Ishikawa
    Back To Rhythm

Drum Method

and finally, if you have trouble tracking anything down, get one of your japanese hommies to get on yahoo auctions in japan to hunt it....

peace.

• kinda rock.fusion.funk tip...
    but off the top sadistic mika band, anzen band...and anything yuji ohno touches is nice.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    They sure do......

Try Terumasa Hino - Hip Seagull or... Into Eternity for starters

Ryo Kawasaki - Mirror Of My Mind...

my brains not working right now, once it starts to function again, I will post some shit up....

peace.

hi sheep

yeah i know a few ryo kawasaki's like the breakbeat one with the techno orange...and a few hino's not sure bout hip seagull though??

unicorn is with US cats..

some other stuff on three blind mice maybe?

Man, I'll post up a full list in the coming weeks to you.... I know what sound you're after hommie!!

peace.

kinda rock.fusion.funk tip...
    but off the top sadistic mika band, anzen band...and anything yuji ohno touches is nice.

yeah at least one of the sadistic mika band lps has some nice beats

kinda rock.fusion.funk tip...

yuji ohno is CTI style jazz...

sadistic and anzen are rock groups...

peace.

• kinda rock.fusion.funk tip...

yuji ohno is CTI style jazz...

sadistic and anzen are rock groups...

peace.

right

also...

One of the bigger grails and probably the best masterpiece there is from Japan is Hiroshi Suzuki's album called "THE CAT".

i belive this might be what im looking for

my hommie in Tokyo just reissued these records, they are all HOT AS FUCK;

Sounds Of Sound Ltd.

Jiro Inagaki & His Soul Media
    Head Rock

Masahiko Sato & Big Soul Media
    Bridge Over Troubled Water

Kiyoshi Sugimoto Quintet
    Babylonia Wind

Akira Ishikawa
    Back To Rhythm

Drum Method

thanx sheep

• on TBM...always dug Blow Up by Isao Suzuki

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Is the Kawasaki record with the orange on the front worth picking up? I see it pop up from time to time and i always thought the cover looked realy intresting but never copped it.

Is the Kawasaki record with the orange on the front worth picking up? I see it pop up from time to time and i always thought the cover looked realy intresting but never copped it.

id say mostly for some real cool drums, which im sure has been sampled several times

Yeah it's really nice, got that downtempo vibe and a nice disco track on there... the Japanese pressing has an ocean and the back of a boat on it...

peace.

.... also can't forget the Count Buffalo's stuff.

peace.

oh yes almost forgot about that fusion lp, with the space cover... unless they did more than one?

Yeah it's really nice, got that downtempo vibe and a nice disco track on there... the Japanese pressing has an ocean and the back of a boat on it...

peace.

thought that was a US OG, its with US musicians, dont think ive ever seen the japanese press

peace.

oh yes almost forgot about that fusion lp, with the space cover... unless they did more than one?

There's about 8 or 9 albums +... Akira, the drummer did some HOT shit man....

peace.

thought that was a US OG, its with US musicians, dont think ive ever seen the japanese press

Yeah, actually I think the US press came out first, then the Japanese press. I like the JPN one tho, different cover and better sound

peace.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    oh ya, i forgot teruo nakamura's unicorn which is amazing and Ryo Kawasaki is really good. I really need to digg deeper seeing from the ones I have liked, I like them a lot.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    I don???t have much Japanese Jazz/funk but two bits I do have are the Mickeys Mouth LP (already mentioned by Sheep) and a Zerosen album. You can hear sound clips of both here if you are interested:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/harajuku-snap-mp3.html

51:10 (Zerosen)
    55:53 (Mickeys Mouth)

• hiptonehiptone 112 Posts

peace.

There's about 8 or 9 albums +... Akira, the drummer did some HOT shit man....

peace.

Yes, I agree he did.
    Electrum, African Rock, Get Up! are his best works, I believe.
    peace.

that "space cover" album is a little bit of a poo. it's called emergency, there is a volume 2 also. the better stuff is mentioned here -- get up, soul & soul, afro rock + some test records he did in the late 60s....

peace.

bboyparkz,

I'm about to be moving to your local area soon, send me a PM with your e-mail address cuz I've changed mine.... I've tried reaching out twice now. what it do?

peace.

• thesolelifethesolelife 369 Posts
    that "space cover" album is a little bit of a poo. it's called emergency, there is a volume 2 also.

I saw one called Emergency, you said it's ?