This new BONE album

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Who among you poptarts has heard it?What do you think? Let me tell you little dudes what you think.I really like it. This is exactly what they needed at this point in their career--they're never going to recapture the rawness of their earlier recordings, made when they were all teenagers, and these shiny expensive-sounding productions emphasize the technical aspect of what they do. Not enough Swizz though--I was looking forward to hearing them over more of his productions. Also: Mariah + BONE = always a good look. And as much as Bizzy leaves a void, I'm not sure how well he would have fit in on this project, since it is most definitely not on some:

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    And, yes, the Akon track is insipid.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

What do you think?

"You sound old."

What do you think?

"You sound old."

Sorry--I fixed it; see above.

• Yo I would love to hear some DJ mixes from yourbadself where you mix up some contemporary playlist stuff with some of that raer you got.

Also, do you have a blog?

Also, do you have a blog?

No, I take a more scattered approach to destroying hip-hop--I do it primarily through my posts on SoulStrut.

• Also, do you have a blog?

No, I take a more scattered approach to destroying hip-hop--I do it primarily through my posts on SoulStrut.

What is you opinion on how the Church of Latter Day Soul breaks down the disconnect between the four elements in the Bx in the 70s and 80s and modern Rap and RnB, like Akon and Gangsta Rappers for eg.?

Also, I feel this link is another weapon for your arsenal in destroying Hip Hop.
    http://www.latterdaysoul.com/RadioLyrics.html

(Please remember to always capitalize Hip Hop just as you would Jazz or Classical)

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Its ok at best IMO. They are still able to make decent songs jut not feeling alot of the production that rapping/singing over. Its a day late and a dollar short IMO and really the only people I see buying it are the hardcore Bone fans which there are enough of to make this a pretty decent sellign album in today's CD market.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Y'all really listen to this? Really? Damn, to each their own I guess...

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Hot garbage...
    This refers both to this album and to all BT&H output, they manage to reach new levels in cornyness...

• Hot garbage...
    This refers both to this album and to all BT&H output, they manage to reach new levels in cornyness...

But is it authentic?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i will be checking for this. was surprised at how much i DONT like recent krayzie bone, esp after a bloggeur known for destroying rap music on gel&weave was talking it up

Hot garbage...

Very nuanced.

I take it that, despite your opinion of all previous BTNH output, you actually listened to this record?

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Hot garbage...

Very nuanced.

I take it that, despite your opinion of all previous BTNH output, you actually listened to this record?

Yes, as you usually seem to have good taste in music i thought i'd give this a quick skim through in the hope it was actually nice (i'm not sure i could bear to listen from start to finish), but this was not the case.

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    i agree more swizz would have been a good look. i dig how hyper-melodic most of it is, especially "candy paint"

i agree more swizz would have been a good look. i dig how hyper-melodic most of it is, especially "candy paint"

"Candy Paint" is great. Everytime I hear "Upgrade U" I think of how the BONE boys could have ripped it.

Now where are the rest of my real headz at?

I know the one Herm rushed out to buy this on his lunch break yesterday.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    im feeling this shit!!!

"wind blow" hahaha. awesome.
    "flow motion" gets me hype. imma break out that mariah track for the gurls tonight.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    aint heard this yet but i like their old stuff. plus it's a well documented fact that they patterned their whole style off the good life/project blowed m.c.'s and blowed is dope right? peace, stein. . .

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    flow motion is a ridiculous track. im not too keen on the rest of the album though. although, the fleetwood mac sample on wind blows is perfect.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    Y'all really listen to this? Really? Damn, to each their own I guess...

its always amazed me that anyone took bone seriously, but hey, dig what it is you dig...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I know the one Herm rushed out to buy this on his lunch break yesterday.

Ha ha! Bastard.

I've been too busy bumpin' E. 1999 Eternal and Creepin' On Ah Cumm Up to check out any recent BONE (*PASUE*). This new album does interest me though. Coppeth, I shall.

Herm

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    This is surprisingly OK. It loses steam during the second half, though.

• djbrigidopedjbrigidope 166 Posts
    Who among you poptarts has heard it?

What do you think? Let me tell you little dudes what you think.

I really like it. This is exactly what they needed at this point in their career--they're never going to recapture the rawness of their earlier recordings, made when they were all teenagers, and these shiny expensive-sounding productions emphasize the technical aspect of what they do. Not enough Swizz though--I was looking forward to hearing them over more of his productions. Also: Mariah + BONE = always a good look. And as much as Bizzy leaves a void, I'm not sure how well he would have fit in on this project, since it is most definitely not on some:

im waiting for the return of crucial conflict.

• djbrigidopedjbrigidope 166 Posts

I really like it. This is exactly what they needed at this point in their career--they're never going to recapture the rawness of their earlier recordings, made when they were all teenagers, and these shiny expensive-sounding productions emphasize the technical aspect of what they do. Not enough Swizz though--I was looking forward to hearing them over more of his productions. Also: Mariah + BONE = always a good look. And as much as Bizzy leaves a void, I'm not sure how well he would have fit in on this project, since it is most definitely not on some:

but seriously... creepin on ah come up and e1999 eternal was sick as shit. art of war was a good album that could have been better if they whittled it down to one disc. but all the moe thug family shit was crap. krazy has his moments solo, lazy is only dope with everyone else... bizzy needs to put the crack down, wish was always the weakest except for flesh... who the fuck liked flesh and why was he the first muther fucker with a solo cd.

ill take a stab at it, but bone kinda ruined themselves for me and i used to be a fan.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    BIT
    THE
    BLOWED!!!!

people wake up.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

but seriously... creepin on ah come up and e1999 eternal was sick as shit. art of war was a good album that could have been better if they whittled it down to one disc. but all the moe thug family shit was crap. krazy has his moments solo, lazy is only dope with everyone else... bizzy needs to put the crack down, wish was always the weakest except for flesh... who the fuck liked flesh and why was he the first muther fucker with a solo cd.

ill take a stab at it, but bone kinda ruined themselves for me and i used to be a fan.

Couldnt have said it better.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

crucial conflict are performing live at the metro june 9th