ebay seller fattys_pants

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I know this a longshot, as this dude only has a few records up amongst shit tons of non-music things, but has anyone ever bought from this dude? He has a long time want of mine up as a buy it now, but his picture of the record suspiciously looks like the same exact pic used in a recent auction. Instinct says stay away, but just wondering if anybody on here has won records off dude before...

Comments

• ArtichokeArtichoke 112 Posts
    ask him to send you a picture of the b side

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    dude only has a few records up amongst shit tons of non-music things

I predict the record will be mailed in a flattened toaster over box, wrapped in plastic drug store bags. Possible soiled newspaper and duct-tape moves.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    ask him to send you a picture of the b side

Ask him to send you a picture of the pants.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    dude only has a few records up amongst shit tons of non-music things

I predict the record will be mailed in a flattened toaster over box, wrapped in plastic drug store bags. Possible soiled newspaper and duct-tape moves.

exactly... dudes who don't normally sell records almost never have the proper packing materials to ship them in. i just had to write a guy an email saying that he just plain SHOULD NEVER SELL RECORDS ON EBAY AGAIN after he shipped me a record [a month late mind you] wrapped in a paper grocery bag... no padding... no newspaper... nothing. of course the shit showed up bent to hell with a DAMAGED UPON ARRIVAL stamp on it [and the mailman just went ahead and shoved it in a wedge on my front gate [since it was so thin he probably thought it was just a greeting card or sumthin], so when i got home there was just this month-late-bent-to-hell-amazingly-not-cracked-in-2 piece of terd hanging on my door. i would have made a bigger deal if this whole transaction hadn't cost me under $10 to begin with... i seriously would have even preferred a flattened priority mailer with the glue tearing off the LP's shrinkwrap over this shit. it's called cardboard dammit!!

so my best advice is i wouldn't bother buying records on ebay from ppl that don't normally sell them. they tend to overgrade the condition and make it a mission to have your record get messed up on it's way to you. unless of course you're willing to offer the dude an extra $5 or sumthin for him to use the proper box for it... but that will probably take him an extra 2 weeks to ship as well... that is if he even has the record in the first place.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    unless of course you're willing to offer the dude an extra $5 or sumthin for him to use the proper box for it

I usually just deduct the shipping cost from the sale and send the seller my own box. It's actually a box within a box, complete with packing peanuts and a small baggie of magical fairy dust to bless the package with immunity from postal carelessness. Then I tell the seller after the fact that he's going to ship it how I want him to ship it in a condescending tone.

Well, it works for me, anyway.

• ExtraExtraExtraExtra 209 Posts
    unless of course you're willing to offer the dude an extra $5 or sumthin for him to use the proper box for it

I usually just deduct the shipping cost from the sale and send the seller my own box. It's actually a box within a box, complete with packing peanuts and a small baggie of magical fairy dust to bless the package with immunity from postal carelessness. Then I tell the seller after the fact that he's going to ship it how I want him to ship it in a condescending tone.

Well, it works for me, anyway.

is there a graemlin for referencing a previous soulstrut thread? There should be.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    And I still haven't received my "special instructions" from that guy.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    And I still haven't received my "special instructions" from that guy.

I'm guessing "used condom" will not make the list.