lets talk about the wants/trades section

2»

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    trading is a huge hassle. Ive seen plenty of things I could have fulfilled on dudes wantlists... but most trades I've ever tried to do took 20 back and forth emails, and it drove me batty. WALK AWAY SON

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    ehhh, after years on the board, you find out who wont fuck around...so I dont even bother when I have something raer to get rid of..I just hit the dudes with PMs and dont fuck with the trade section. I will list some things I want, but never things I have anymore on there anymore.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    trading is a huge hassle. Ive seen plenty of things I could have fulfilled on dudes wantlists... but most trades I've ever tried to do took 20 back and forth emails, and it drove me batty. WALK AWAY SON

I don't understand why trades, for some people, are so much more attractive than paying cash.

I've done many trades, but never checked out the trades section. As a store it is a huge waste of time to do the dozens of emails most trades take. (I could be spending time arguing about politics on soulstrut.) I have over 3 thousand records listed on line. A dude picks one and sends me a list with 10 lps of lesser value. Fine I don't care, I'll do the math and take a stack of lesser values. But I'm not going to spend the rest of the week haggeling. If the records are worth more than I am offering, just sell the records and send me the cash. What is the difference?

I was trading for years with a guy in England. Sending me all the MFP breaks. It was working great until the exchange rate sent the pound flying. I am sorry, but just becaused the pound doubled in value does not mean those MFPs have doubled in dollars. So sell the MFPs for double what I offer and send me the cash. But alas, no.

If it is because you picked up all the records you are offering me for a dollar at goodwill, don't demand popsike value for them.

Well there goes half my customers.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Seriously. After a couple of "mad drama" moments, I do NOT do trades any more. There was a trade where I thought we were cool and then got a random threatening phone call after I bragged about the aquisition on this web site... saying shit's not over and that I owe more for the deal to be legit. I was never able to enjoy the record I wet mouthed over in the first place because I would always assimilate it with the sour situation.

The worst would be when I would "owe" somebody a record... like the trade is not finalized so this shit looms over my head. Ill get shit to finalize the deal and the record was never good enough. I don't need that kind of baggage in my life any more. If I want a record I will just pay the cash dividends.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Trouble is right. It can work with one-to-one big pieces, and I have pulled off some really good trades; but I also must mention that most dudes on here are very lax with the grading. I have gotten more overgraded records over the years than I care to mention. Sometimes people find rare records and just freak out and no trade is good enough. Everything from the rarity to the condition is exadurated and they gripp so hard they forgot they paid $1 for the record and now they cannot be happy.

Because I have a shop people think I am just always down to trade. I got an unsolicited trade offer today that was downright embarassing. Some shit that the dude couldn't sell so he's trying to pawn it off on me for a hot ticket item. I do not think so.

I do not have a hard time selling records. I actually pay tens of thousands of dollars a year for the priviledge to do so here in my shop. People want to trade once a week like it's all good. It's not.

Most of the cats on here are not serious dealers and do not have an eye for condition or how to sell a record. They look at popsike and they think they've struck gold. At this point I need references. Condition is an issue. I cannot believe there are people paying $100+ on set sales from some of these cats.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

The grippe begins

Is this the alternate French spelling? Shouldn't it be La grippe begins.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I don't typically have the patience for trades with anyone other than fam.

A while ago I sent a dude on here a copy of the Samuel Johnson Johnson lp on the strength. I was heading out of town for a week, so I told him we could work out his end of the trade after I got back. That was like 3 years ago. I just never had the energy to get back in touch with the dude. Haha.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Trouble is right. It can work with one-to-one big pieces, and I have pulled off some really good trades; but I also must mention that most dudes on here are very lax with the grading. I have gotten more overgraded records over the years than I care to mention. Sometimes people find rare records and just freak out and no trade is good enough. Everything from the rarity to the condition is exadurated and they gripp so hard they forgot they paid $1 for the record and now they cannot be happy[/b].

I have a record right now that is impeding my happiness because everyone is grippeing for it.

I revisited John Steinbeck's The Pearl for insight on how to deal with this situation.

I think I am going to throw it into the East River before members of my family suffer.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Trouble is right. It can work with one-to-one big pieces, and I have pulled off some really good trades; but I also must mention that most dudes on here are very lax with the grading. I have gotten more overgraded records over the years than I care to mention. Sometimes people find rare records and just freak out and no trade is good enough. Everything from the rarity to the condition is exadurated and they gripp so hard they forgot they paid $1 for the record and now they cannot be happy[/b].

I have a record right now that is impeding my happiness because everyone is grippeing for it.

I revisited John Steinbeck's The Pearl for insight on how to deal with this situation.

This will have me laughing for the rest of the day.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I have an anonymous client who is willing to make you an offer you cannot refuse.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    i only post wants up in there. always have 3-5 peeps offer me the records i want. with the exception of my top want- pleasure- dust yourself off which i've posted as a want 3 times and still nobody has a copy of this record for me. boo hoo. peace, stein. . .

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

The grippe begins

It's an old-timey term for the flu, like "ague" is for fever or malaria, and "dropsy" is for edema.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

The grippe begins

It's an old-timey term for the flu, like "ague" is for fever or malaria, and "dropsy" is for edema.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I think I am going to throw it into the East River before members of my family suffer.

Gold.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Gold.

Indeed.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    For what it's worth, I've posted in the wants 4 times (usually for very rare items) and have gotten a response every time. Once I was able to hook someone else up with a raer they posted in the wants. It doesn't always work out in the end, but I definitely appreciate people responding.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    through salesing with many strutter i have acheived many grails of personal. included they have been

underground of the east
    james the black cat and his knights
    eyesball of placebos
    bosqoe
    mcdonald and niles - trust
    stephen helikotter
    massage from the tribe
    starcrust

to soulstrut of all. you are a very special man.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    STILL I INTERESTS

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    through salesing with many strutter i have acheived many grails of personal. included they have been

underground of the east
    james the black cat and his knights
    eyesball of placebos
    bosqoe
    mcdonald and niles - trust
    stephen helikotter
    massage from the tribe
    starcrust

to soulstrut of all. you are a very special man.

ok.. this cracked me up... particularly "massage from the tribe" LOLZ

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    i am looking for grail soul of modern by 8th creation 'story of love'. i try to bid on ebay but no send to france. i have still sealed copy of 'riot on HP' for trade. also, gabo razor 'spelldreams' ex+++++ cond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for dayz.