New Dungen?

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Anybody heard this yet?

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    no, but I wanna...any online retailers with vinyl? Takes us forever and a day to get their vinyl into our shop for some reason...the one stops are always out.... That dude is a genius...I celebrate the entire catalog...

the one song from that on their myspace is fire...

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Man I hope this releases soon for proper Summer time listening.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    I will readily admit I downloaded the advance, and listened to it many times despite it being of poor poor mp3 quality

its obviously fantastic

is it better than ta da lungt? hard to say. Probably not.

but a good half of the tracks are mind blowing

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Damn, looking forward to this shit.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I posted a thread about it w/ the entire album in a few weeks back and highly recommend getting it. SO GOOD.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post851733

I think the DL link is still active.

I've been listening to it quite a bit. "Ta Det Lugnt" as well. I like Dungen, but there's something that keeps me from fully enjoying their music. I can't really put my finger on it. I think it might be that I find it a bit too "pretty", especially the vocals. Like Orup with fuzz guitars and loud drums (I know my swedish brethren are going to hate me for saying this ). I often find myself wishing their stuff was instrumental.

I'd like to hear some of the older stuff.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    although I like everything I've heard, I actually like "Stadsvandringar" better than "Ta Det Lugnt"

I've only reached the second song and it's melting me.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    Like Orup with fuzz guitars and loud drums

ha! yeah he's not that good a singer..but the music makes up for it. this is quickly becoming my favorite dungen record

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I'm really only feeling the intro track on this album.. I guess the Gor det nu is alright too..

- spidey

This shit is like electric ninjas wailing on guitars.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    So is this shit on vinyl yet?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    word....shouts to the SS massive on this one. this album is bonkers, and i would have likely never heard it if for not this post.

• That crunchy ass guitar sound on "Svart ar himmlen" is killing me right now.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

I've been listening to it quite a bit. "Ta Det Lugnt" as well. I like Dungen, but there's something that keeps me from fully enjoying their music. I can't really put my finger on it. I think it might be that I find it a bit too "pretty", especially the vocals. Like Orup with fuzz guitars and loud drums (I know my swedish brethren are going to hate me for saying this ). I often find myself wishing their stuff was instrumental.

Thanks for this. On first listen, it's not hitting me as hard as "Ta Det Lugnt", but then Dungen aren't quite the out-of-left-field surprise they were to me two or three years ago. Still, this is really good, and I will most definitely be copping it.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    i'm liking this better than Ta Det Lugnt

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

No hate here- I've always had a hard time dealing with the singing, and understanding the lyrics really doesn't help. I've never been an all out Dungen fan, but I'm happy for them since they've been so succesful abroad, I was real surprised when they began to get that Othermusic buzz.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    it's kinda like pugh, i cant stand that voice. i wonder if gustav tries to sound like him some times, some tracks more than others.