Records that You've Overlooked

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Records that you've had in your collection, but have overlooked for whatever reason:

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

This is really good, but I usually only play the first track. I need to play it all the way through later tonight.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Records that you've had in your collection, but have overlooked for whatever reason:

how could you overlook this one?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

how could you overlook this one?

I was inspired by the "Does anybody like gentle music" thread. It was simply too "gentle" for me in the past. The instrumentation is really secondary, with the vocals upfront. Now, I'm liking it.

Curtis, I couldn't get with the sort of falsetto singing, but he's starting to grow on me.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I see what you are saying. A lot of Flack's records are "gentle" I suppose.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    "Billy Jack" off that Curtis LP is one of my favorite songs ever.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

Curtis, I couldn't get with the sort of falsetto singing, but he's starting to grow on me.

You should consider posting less.

You sound like you wanna be down. Now go back to your hole.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    "Billy Jack" off that Curtis LP is one of my favorite songs ever.

Yeah, I'm always surprised that its greatness isn't really recognized.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

You've got like 5000 posts, but I've never seen you say anything remotely interesting or insightful about music (or really otherwise). You should be a little more embarassed to front on Curtis in a public forum. It's just mad toy. Maybe you should spend less time posting on here and hopping all over Kobe Bryant's johnson and more time listening to music and learning about records. Don't even try and act all brand new like you're not in all these threads making sideways comments at people and shit, oh great basketball scientist.

You've got like 5000 posts, but I've never seen you say anything remotely interesting or insightful about music (or really otherwise). You should be a little more embarassed to front on Curtis in a public forum. It's just mad toy. Maybe you should spend less time posting on here and hopping all over Kobe Bryant's johnson and more time listening to music and learning about records. Don't even try and act all brand new like you're not in all these threads making sideways comments at people and shit, oh great basketball scientist.

You're too easy man. You're like the tepid version of Rape Donkeys. You're right in line with the other knowledgeable dudes who merely stand around critique and "co-sign" other big dudes selections.

Carry on peoples. Happy Cinco de Mayo fools!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I see what you are saying. A lot of Flack's records are "gentle" I suppose.

Roberta IS gentility. She ain't exactly Koko Taylor...

• When I first started out I remember passing on Lee Dorsey and Hank Ballard 45s all the time. Not no more.

• You're too easy man. You're like the tepid version of Rape Donkeys.

HAHAHAHAHA

i am amazed you could post on here for the better part of 4 years and not have absorbed jack shit about music. or at least learned when typing just makes you look stupider.

it's almost like professing to love fragile and gentle folk records and never hearing nick drake. but worse.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

You're too easy man. You're like the tepid version of Rape Donkeys.

HAHAHAHAHA

This is fall-out-of-my-chair funny, and I'm not sure why.

You're too easy man. You're like the tepid version of Rape Donkeys.

HAHAHAHAHA

i am amazed you could post on here for the better part of 4 years and not have absorbed jack shit about music. or at least learned when typing just makes you look stupider.

it's almost like professing to love fragile and gentle folk records and never hearing nick drake. but worse.

D- Please form your arguments in a more coherent fashion.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts

(This is my overlooked until recently album and somehow seems appropos considering the negative turn this thread has taken.)