I have put out a compilation

mrfinewinemrfinewine 157 Posts
edited May 2007 in Announcements
CRASH OF THUNDERVampisoul Recordsvampisoul.com20 funky soul movers from the King, Federal, and Deluxe labelsAvailable as either a CD or a boxed set of 10 45stracks (not in order):1. Chopper 70 (Wayne Cochran) 2. Football (Swinging Seven)3. Thunder (Lord Thunder)4. Soul Jerk It Baby (Jeb Stuart)5. Fever (Marie Queenie Lyons)6. Your Key Won't Fit Anymore (Marie Queenie Lyons)7. Old Grandma (Robert Moore)8. Jo Ann (Robert Moore)9. Which Way (Presidents)10. Peter Rabbit (Presidents)11. Let Me Be (A Steppin' Soul) (Charles Spurling)12. That's My Zone (He's Pickin' On) (Charles Spurling)13. I Can't Tell You (Mickey Murray)14. Fat Gal (Mickey Murray)15. The Book Of Love (Clarence Murray)16. How Do You Feel (Peggy & Artie)17. Do What You Wanna Do Part 1 (Frank Howard & The Continentals)18. That Woman (Charles Spurling)19. I Got It Made (In The Shade) (James Duncan)20. You've Got To Be Strong (James Duncan)

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    can i just buy a copy from you or do you have any Bay Area distribution? its too much work for this old man to try and figure out how to navigate paying through a european website. im mostly just stupid and cant figure it out...

looks dope!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    can i just buy a copy from you or do you have any Bay Area distribution?

They have it at Dusty Groove too, and dope it is. I'm reading the liner notes, reached the byline and said "wait a minute!"

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
    Picked it up today down here in NZ and am about to sit down for a proper listen... a total life saver too given that I'm hot for the soul / r&b right now and there are no rekkids in this country... seriously. It's dry like a bone and the even 2nd hand spot where Holmes picks up his 45s is particularly depressing.

Music = hot, slamming collection of greatness I've never heard before...

Vampisoul packing = errrrr, but what are ya gonna do?

Nice work, sir. A+

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Gonna go grab this off of DustyGroove, nice comp!

• mrfinewinemrfinewine 157 Posts
    hey, glad you guys dig it. lightintheattic.net is a u.s. distributor...