Casual Friday's - Who's working???

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Anyone have just about enough of filling out their TPS reports???

Some serious ass clowns today. Dudes all pissy cause they don't know how to transfer their super duper important powerpoint doc from their own damn thumbdrive to a laptop.Anyone getting drunk tonight?

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I'm proctoring a state test to classroom full of sullen 11th graders. Thank god for internet.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I am finding out what it means to become the office villain. New management responsibilities related.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Bored in work here...thinkin about the big fat doobie im gonna roll when i get home.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm telecommuting. It's fucking great. All this Microsoft-Yahoo merger/acquisition talk is sure to keep me busy most of the day, though.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I'm telecommuting. It's fucking great. All this Microsoft-Yahoo merger/acquisition talk is sure to keep me busy most of the day, though.

NERD ALERT!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I'm proctoring a state test to classroom full of sullen 11th graders. Thank god for internet.

Star testing? Awesome. Kids with ADD and learning abilities LOVE that test. Let me tell you. I had one take the test and 5 questions in, amidst a silent class, stand up, raise his test in one hand and then rip it in half. He calmly said, "Fuck this shit" and walked out the class. I can't say I blamed him.

I'm chillin though right now and about to knock off @ 12:30pm. Beers in my future.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

NERD ALERT!

Well, yes...but I'm not a nerd about this stuff. It's just my job (infoworld.com).

STAR testing- yup. My future looks drunken.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    important powerpoint doc

A coworker wanted me to have a look at their presentation to see if I could improve the look of it. "Um yeee-ah. That would be grayyyyt." I said I didn't have time (which was true at the time, but now I'm on soulstrut ). I fuckin hate that piece of shit program with all its microsoft defaults that randomly increase and decrease font sizes for no reason, assuming it knows what you want to do. Give me a task that requires me to use a real program and we'll talk. Yes on beer.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    me work. jeans day and cinco de mayo potluck for the department. i made the chicken wings. tonight i play downtown for drunken floozies and meatheads so i will be taking advantage of any fringe benefits of djing (drunk girls and free booze)!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I had to finish grading course projects in my undergraduate course. I'm amazed at the variability in quality of work, even at the senior level. Some cats are so fucking clueless (and lazy), then they'll whine when I hand back their grade sheets. Fuck it!!! If they gave a shit, they'd put more effort into their work. How do you write a section of a research paper and include absolutely NO CITATIONS??? There's nothing more scientific and credible than armchair conjecture! Gotta love higher (lack of) education, especially at mediocre state schools. I'll be sure to down some drank later!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i accidentally spent $600 on a hotel room in Boston monday night. i was drunk and had a 20 yr old blonde on my arm. needed to go somewhere oops.

so i'll be staying in(except for work) for the next few weekends.

We had a lockdown. Someone wrote a bomb threat in the girsls bathroom. This has happened at four other high schools this week, ahhh testing, I love it!

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    How do you write a section of a research paper and include absolutely NO CITATIONS???

PLAGIARISM

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I'm 3 weeks into my new job (look at my user name) and I love it. However, since all my supervisors were at a meeting all day and since I'm still being trained with office work before I apply as a summer apprentice, they said I can work for an hour then go. That's not including an hour in traffic (gas is paid for. Enjoying a new CD player for the car,too) and filling out paperwork and going through all these steps of joining the union program. Now I'm home in my shorts, drinking a Tecate and watching my Nexflix movies

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i accidentally spent $600 on a hotel room in Boston monday night. i was drunk and had a 20 yr old blonde on my arm. needed to go somewhere oops.

haha. i went to college in the boston suburbs and would meet girls out in the city and then try to figure out how i was gonna convince them to take a 30 minute ride on the turnpike. my success rate wasn't so good. i wasn't a so a hotel was never an option...but man, there is (or at least there was) a Howard Johnson's right off of Lansdowne.

haha. i went to college in the boston suburbs and would meet girls out in the city and then try to figure out how i was gonna convince them to take a 30 minute ride on the turnpike. my success rate wasn't so good. i wasn't a so a hotel was never an option...but man, there is (or at least there was) a Howard Johnson's right off of Lansdowne.

hindsight is 20/20. i just said fuck it. she was all over me, and i was buzzing, so the combo wasnt gonna get me very far!!!
    it was so good, but soooo bad.

its making a great story to tell my friends. thats for sure. theyre all:

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Damn mang $600...I hope you got an eightball w/ that.

Damn mang $600...I hope you got an eightball w/ that.

not even a bottle of water ($4 a pop)
    it was a great night, dont get me wrong, but $600 is hard to wrap your mind around. wish i had had my credit card at least. it was pulled right out of my checking acount.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    How do you write a section of a research paper and include absolutely NO CITATIONS???

PLAGIARISM

I wouldn't even say that. At least, a plagiarized section would contain SOME valuable information. The written section was some ole' free association, bullshit dribble with no substance whatsoever. These students seem to think their opinions matter more than information based upon research evidence. Gotta love blind-sheep, authoritarian-type students, most of whom are first generation students from blue-collar backgrounds. A number of them have contempt for education, seeing it only as an "exercise" and a ticket to "the good life" (whatever the fuck that means). They seem to think they'll do all the learning on the job (yeah, right!!!). If they didn't have to go to college (their words), they wouldn't. To them, it's all about the credential (with learning as an afterthought). I don't know whether to scowl or cry in pity.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

S>PLAGIARISM/S> INTUITION