IMMIGRATION PROTEST/LA COPS

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    been catching footage of this all day on various blogs. fucking awful! no excuse for this bullshit.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    That shit just makes me angry dude. cowards in their riot geat.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    hopefully this will get broadcast far and wide.

siempre palante

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    hopefully this will get broadcast far and wide.

siempre palante

I'm sure that it already is...

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• LamarTinsonLamarTinson 507 Posts

Hitting a dude with a baby in his arms?? What the fuck?

Having a baby in that environment in the first place? What the fuck?

Am I excusing cop? Of course the fuck not. Just sayin'.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Son, this was a peace march.

"Was" indeed.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    OBEY.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Additionally, I'm seriously concerned about the quality of posters in YouTube's "Comments & Responses" section. The hosts of this site really should, you know, curtail obvious invectives like "spic," "wetback," and "nigger." These are words that can only be used to detract and hurt. I'm not talking about profane language in general - I'm talking about out-and-out hate speech.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

"Was" indeed.

Have you ever been in the wrong place at the wrong time? Ever been falsely accused? Ever been the victim of a crime? Immigration marches across the country (like here, in Chicago) were almost unanimously peaceful and were considered successes irrespective of the fact that 1 or 150,000 people were in the same place at the same time. All it would have taken is for one or two of those 150,000 to create a nightmare situation. It didn't happen here, and it didn't happen in most of the other marches across the country.

Sure: Blame the victim. The father with his son knew better, right? Sounds like: "The woman was asking for it." Poor form.

"Was" indeed.

Have you ever been in the wrong place at the wrong time? Ever been falsely accused? Ever been the victim of a crime? Immigration marches across the country (like here, in Chicago) were almost unanimously peaceful and were considered successes irrespective of the fact that 1 or 150,000 people were in the same place at the same time. All it would have taken is for one or two of those 150,000 to create a nightmare situation. It didn't happen here, and it didn't happen in most of the other marches across the country.

Sure: Blame the victim. The father with his son knew better, right? Sounds like: "The woman was asking for it." Poor form.

I see. I guess I didn't think about the situation beforehand. I see cops and riot gear I ask myself why have a baby even remotely close to something that might get ugly. But all those babies in the pic above, you're right, this wasn't expected and probably was pretty quick once started.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

"Was" indeed.

The people in the park had nothing to do with this. The whole thing started when people tried to block the street outside, then the cops forced everyone on the street into the park. The people there (vendors, families, etc) had no fucking clue what was going on.

It looks like sweeping the park was the plan all along.

• a new civil rights era has begun.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Fuck the LAPD straight up. Criminal charges need to be layed against the officers involved. But of course the chances of that happening...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    a new civil rights era has begun.

Facetious or not, you're being goofy. Hey: I roll my eyes too when far-lefties use words like "gestapo" and "fascist" and "pigs" because they're predictable and cried-wolf to death. Brando's "Whaddya got?" rallying cry in The Wild One to me illustrates the step across the line between ardent belief and reckless fanatacism. But we're not talking about Brando or pipe-bombers at the WTO. This is simply a case of a father and son that got caught up without warning. Jesus. Have some tact.