Hump Day listenin' doin' post

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
just had some of that healthy Kashi cereal my girl likes to buy ( ) and just listened to Sir Douglas Quintet "Honky Blues". Putting off writing up mail order tickets...instead I think I am gonna make a CD for my buddy robert whom Im going to lunch with today...he said he needed the Paul Dianno-era Iron Maiden version of Montrose's "Ive got the fire"(there is a bruce dickison version as well, but it isnt as good) and I just scooped an OG 12" single of it with Eddie killing Margeret Thatcher on the cover...too cool. need some rainy day tunes...Ken and Stranger Cole "Artibella" is up next, sounds rainy to me...

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    soulmarcosa's Profile Page

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    soulmarcosa's Profile Page

Nice!

Me, The Pagans-The Pink Album

Cleveland Rocks!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    The JuJus!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Right now I'm on a Little Milton kick, with "We're Gonna Make It" playing right now on the iTunes, and "Walking The Back Streets & Crying," "Grits Ain't Groceries" and his Coca-Cola radio commercial just going off.

Also in rotation this morning: the Chi-Lites'"Have You Seen Her," Link Wray's "Walkin' With Link," the Soul Suspects'"Handle It," Wayne Cochran's "Harlem Shuffle," Jack E. Lee & the Squires'"Love That Louie," the Spencer Davis Group's "Gimme Some Lovin'," Deke Dickerson's "Have Blues Will Travel," and Sly & the Family Stone's "Harmony" (this is one of the bonus tracks on the recently reissued Life album - guitarist Freddie Stone is channeling some SERIOUS Curtis Mayfield on this track).

Been doing all this listening while getting some stuff done for work.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    doin: scrambling and fussing over too much work
    listenin: Cause You're Mine - Vibrations

• sloppywhitesloppywhite 230 Posts
    doin: scrambling and fussing over too much work

listenin:

Earl Greyhound

Kamara is sooo hot!
    And so are the tunes!

Listen to the whole album here:
    http://www.earlgreyhound.com/media.php

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Drinking hot water w/lemon slices, enjoying Miss Dee Dee Sharp's What Kind of Lady. I can do little updates every 30 minutes or so if you like.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'm finishing up some paperwork and getting ready to punch out.
    Currently listening to some the Termination Dub comp on my iPod.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    I can do little updates every 30 minutes or so if you like.

Please. I would love this.

I just got back from City Hall (!!!argh!!!), last 5 songs on random shuffle:

-- Steven Jesse Bernstein - "Strip Poker" (it cost a lot to look this crippled and it's already out of fashion)

-- Zu - "The Elusive Character of Victory"

-- This Heat - "Test Card"

-- The Pop Group - "Feed the Hungry"

-- D??lek - "Three Rocks Blessed" (people here probably loathe this, right?)

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

baby size pic!

hal galper -wild bird... (i'm feelin' the phased out electric piano on this lp).

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    reading this morning
    tennis in the afternoon
    on the radio right now - www.wcbn.org - playing steptones 'your love is like the rising sun'
    basketball on the tv later

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Listening as I rip it for the forum ...

... so start breaking up some 'dro and clear some
    space on your hard drive, cause this shit is fuego.