From Gypsy Woman to the Pussycat Dolls?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
A good friend just brought it to my attention that the winner of that Pussycat Dolls reality show is Asia Nitollano, aka daughter of Bataan Nitollano, aka Joe Bataan. Didn't realize she was a former Knicks City Dancer.http://www.cwtv.com/shows/pussycat-dolls/cast/asiaAfrofilipinorican...

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Wow, she was dancing for the Knicks at 17. Child at 16. Pussycat Doll by 18. At those ages I was still pickin' my nose and trying to get up before 10 to drag myself off to class.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    :-O

the bottle is my shit

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    A good friend just brought it to my attention that the winner of that Pussycat Dolls reality show is Asia Nitollano, aka daughter of Bataan Nitollano, aka Joe Bataan.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Wow, she was dancing for the Knicks at 17. Child at 16. Pussycat Doll by 18.

Does that make her POPSTAR tv talent show finalist and Eden's Crush member by 17 1/2?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    you could tell she was going to win - they were all over her every show with nothing but praises. i liked that she helped the girl who needed much coaching with the dance moves.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    she's just an ordinary girl

or...

Rap-o -o

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Robin was on that chicks nuts from the start....Melissa looks like a midget Scherzinger so she had no real shot.....The rest of those girls either couldn't dance or couldn't sing....Boring show except for Lil Kim's Rocky Dennis face

-Becky

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I met her last summer and, while I thought she was very pretty, I also thought she was about 15.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Boring show except for Lil Kim's Rocky Dennis face

-Becky

lol - well that and the woman/man/woman phenomenon that is Robin Antin.

After the redhead (who was never going to make it) got kicked off, Chelsea was my favourite. She was never going to make it either, but she she worked her a$$ off and didn't bitch out like Melissa S did.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Lil Kim's Rocky Dennis face

NALGA!

"Budapest is in Hungary."

I saw one episode. It was the one where she was being a brat because she didn't want to eat the elaborate meal was being served, but instead requested a burger and fries. That really put me off.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Fan club? Where do I sign up?

- spidey

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Where do I sign up?

http://www.teenbeat.com/

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    I met her last summer and, while I thought she was very pretty, I also thought she was about 15.

going to a knicks game = "meeting her" ???

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

going to a knicks game = "meeting her" ???

I'm pretty sure Faux met her in person

Yeah I lost it when I heard this. I picked up 'the best of Joe Bataan' after that Wax Po ish like 4 weeks ago. I googled him after the 1st listen just to see if he is up to anything currently. I saw on his site "vote for my daughter". And I lost it. Like seriously. This shit is terrible.

Yeah I lost it when I heard this. I picked up 'the best of Joe Bataan' after that Wax Po ish like 4 weeks ago. I googled him after the 1st listen just to see if he is up to anything currently. I saw on his site "vote for my daughter". And I lost it. Like seriously. This shit is terrible.

I wasn't clowning Asia for competing or winning. I mean, when Joe got started, he wasn't that much older than his daughter and he and his band were just trying to get on as well.

Why the hatt?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I hate to raise the obvious here, but...is there really any reason whatsoever for this show besides trying to pull in some advertiser money by showing off bony wannabe-skanks? It's not like any member of this "group" actually does anything that your average stripper does better and cheaper, so wouldn't the whole "find the next PCD!" angle be better served by just, you know, hiring a stripper and being done with it?

Just saying....

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I hate to raise the obvious here, but...is there really any reason whatsoever for this show besides trying to pull in some advertiser money by showing off bony wannabe-skanks? It's not like any member of this "group" actually does anything that your average stripper does better and cheaper, so wouldn't the whole "find the next PCD!" angle be better served by just, you know, hiring a stripper and being done with it?

Just saying....

I totally agree.

then there are those like O-Dub that take this show seriously: "I mean, this chick is just getting her start, you know like Joe Bataan in his early days...."

I'm just saying - I don't exactly think of the Pussycat Dolls as "high culture" or anything but shit, neither was the boogaloo. It's youth culture. You don't always have to like the forms it takes on but there's a lot more bottom of the barrel to plumb than the Dolls.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    there's a lot more bottom of the barrel to plumb than the Dolls.

Speaking as somebody who watched both seasons of Flavor of Love, I am painfully aware of this. (But not even I could take watching I Love New York, nor will I be watching its sequel--even my schadenfreude-loving ass has limits.)

I wasn't clowning Asia for competing or winning. I mean, when Joe got started, he wasn't that much older than his daughter and he and his band were just trying to get on as well.

Why the hatt?

Because shes Joe's daughter. The PCD are not about music, they are about dancing and strutting there stuff. If your fathers Joe Bataan you cant do this. In my eyes, its a shame.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Why the hatt?

Because shes Joe's daughter. The PCD are not about music, they are about dancing and strutting there stuff. If your fathers Joe Bataan you cant do this. In my eyes, its a shame.

Joe Bataan was also about dancing and strutting his stuff. It's pretty presumptuous of you to call his daughter "a shame".

What should she be making, a 60s bugalu throwback LP? With the Dap Kings on backup! Yeah. I am sure that is what she wants to do.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

Why the hatt?

Joe Bataan was also about dancing and strutting his stuff. It's pretty presumptuous of you to call his daughter "a shame".

What should she be making, a 60s bugalu throwback LP? With the Dap Kings Sugarman Three on backup! Yeah. I am sure that is what she wants to do.

What should she be making, a 60s bugalu throwback LP? With the Dap Kings on backup! Yeah. I am sure that is what she wants to do.

I would buy this album though.

Why the hatt?

Hold it now wait hold it. The pussycat dolls are essentially not musicians. Did you even watch the series? They are essentially strippers who sing. They are a whole new low to mainstream pop music. Thats why its a shame.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Why the hatt?

lol, seriously. who the fuck is this mufuckah to be calling anyone a shame?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

KEEP IT REAL SON!!!