MovingStrut (boxes related)

SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
This question should probably just be put into a FAQ section, but ...Can anyone recommend a good source for record sized moving boxes? I have about 2500 LPs to move and I'd like to step away from the "same 5 crates X 10-15 trips" plan. Thanks.[I tried searching for older threads but "records" "boxes" moving etc are some common words around here]

Comments

• reskresk 391 Posts
    Uhaul boxes, and they sell a bundle of 25 for like 35 dollars or so. Theres one particular box that says "records, books, etc" or something like that on the actual box.

they buy back unused boxes on top of that

• reskresk 391 Posts

• There's the standard size moving box (U-Haul's got 'em, most other places do too) that works real well. I forgot the dimensions but they hold about 100+ records each. We use them when hauling away large collections.

If you really want to get anal, I used those white cardboard record boxes with the lids to move my collection. The cost is kinda high (about $3.50 a piece) but you get peace of mind and they're easier to carry. Bags Unlimited and places like that got them.

SONIC

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I used those white cardboard record boxes with the lids to move my collection.
    I need those boxes in my life.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I'm probably going to use a UHaul truck anyway, so it's good to know that they supply a record sized box.

Though, I'll look into those white cardboard boxes. I'm sure they can be flattened and stored away for the next time I move the damned records, so they're probably worth the $$.

Anyway, thanks again.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    This would be illegal, so I'm only offering it as a hypothetical, but US Mail crates work nicely. You know, in theory. They're dent resistent and have reinforced handles to boot. I can't seem to find a picture online, though.

Not that I tried too hard, but I made a token effort.