Sarkozy or Royal

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
What's the word on the streets??

Comments

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Sarko, no doubt. Because at least he knows how he's going to pay for his programs. And without Le Pen in the runoff this time around, he doesn't have to tack had right to win over that constituency.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    where do you live at??

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Les Etats-Unis. I basically owe all of my knowledge about this election to the Economist. Who do you like in this one?

• paquelaspaquelas 206 Posts
    What's the word on the streets??

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Sarko, no doubt. Because at least he knows how he's going to pay for his programs. And without Le Pen in the runoff this time around, he doesn't have to tack had right to win over that constituency.

funny, i thought the word on the streets was Sarko was the type of guy worth burning a few thousand cars over... the kids hate him...

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    all of my french friends vote for royal. even those that didnt elect in years now try to stop this guy by giving their vote. seems like sarkozy is something like "the-french-bush.jr.". also he has a faible for k??rchers.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I hate them both. I'm voting for Royal because I hate her slightly less. I think Sarkozy is going to win, though.

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    I'm afraid sarko is going to win. He's the guy who said the suburbs should be 'cleaned out' during the riots last year. I'm curious about what the 7 million Bayrou voters will do...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Sarko, no doubt. Because at least he knows how he's going to pay for his programs...

funny, i thought the word on the streets was Sarko was the type of guy worth burning a few thousand cars over... the kids ECONOMISTS hate him...

... and most of the French hate him too.

Well, The Economist is an awful magazine...They always analyze situations in the wrong angles. The Times is a bit more accurate for such subjects.
    About Sarkozy anf his program, good luck if any foreigners can decipher what he's about to do. He won't do what he says and he wont says what he'll do!LOL...Even French cant understand shyt. They just like the dude, but not the program. They could care less actually, what they want is some good ol "we will protect the french values and the french way of life"...he even talked about the "french dream", which have nothing to do with the American one...lol.
    This whole campain was a joke. The only winner is Bayrou, who may create a party afterward. It would FINALLY be the first Social Democrats Party. Pretty much what the Democrats are in US. We needed that since 1945, but bipolar situations are more profitable for those who loves "privil??ges" and corruption. Sarkozy is one of those. He dont try to change shit. He just to want to set-up his own team of people, like Chirac did, like Miterrand did, like all the previous presidents did. He's about continuity, not change. Royal? She's a joke. She don't understand shit about foreign politics. Can't even spell words right...On the other hand, if you like Bush, Sarkozy is your man. He studied with the Guliani team (from the N.Y. era) and did some intensive "class" with some Neo-Cons...

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    NPOR (not political opinion related) but I love the way the guignols de l'info have ripped the piss out of him for years

Sarkozy: les prisons du coeur

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    1. when Sarko wins expect some riots.

2. Royal: I'd blap.

Riots will come...good thing the word is out...but it wont be right after the election time. It will be around September/October. It will be coupled with the now-usual social movement that takes place every year. Marching, striking, the usual french bullshit...Then the riots will starts.
    The only thing that could eventually lead to unexpectd riots before September would be a cop shooting a kid "by mistake". This shit is a sure shot to start riots over here. Ande since sarko plan to recruit 20.000 new police officers if he's elected, then it may happen. Because the recruiting is
    We will end up with youngins and drunk asses...It's never good to give a gun to any of these.