Has anyone seen the new Radio Shack commercial?

2»

Comments

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

Were any jackets visible?

An ironic Member's Only can be seen hanging from the doorknob.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Ping.

What are you doing up? Isn't Memphis right about now?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    His collectron was kinda sloppy lookin though. Just organize that shit.

Lookin' like a flea market up in the crib.....

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/worley/85

The folks at Yahoo are on it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    for those that never saw the orig. commercial (i just saw it for the first time a handful of minutes ago):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zalRmNEoVE4

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

- J

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I don't have cable and don't really watch TV. Could someone summarize this commercial for me? Seriously.

Rock song playing. Girl's angry face. Camera pans across a room blanketed in records. Boy stands up and pleads. Girl leaves. Ultimatum: Me or the records.

Rock song continues. Camera flashes between records spinning and a computer recording them into digital format. Boys hauling records here and there. The pile begins to disappear.

Rock song continues. Girl re-enters apartment complex and hears the same song. He chose the records. Much consternation. Door knob turning. Rock song swells. Light pours into a clean, neat room. No records to be found. iPod gadget emitting the sound of good choices. A letter next to it addressed to girl. Camera captures her smile -- the boy standing sheepishly in the corner out of focus.

Rock song swells then fades. They are in love.

Thanks.

this commercial came on last night...I peeped a Purple label(fantasy 80s ish) of The Dramatics "Whatcha See is Whatcha get"

My girl gets bonus points....as I "booooed" loudly and threw a sock at the TV (we were folding laundry) when the girl enters the apartment void of vinyl my girl said, well, those dudes that get rid of their records gotta unload them somewhere...gives guys like you more to dig for...

• The big question is: What lady that ANY dude would want to stay with would offer up such a ridiculous ultimatum?

I wish Revlon would produce a commercial showing some dude demanding that his girl "consolidate" her bathroom amenities, or he's OUT!

B/W

Dude, ORGANIZE YER RECORDS!!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The big question is: What lady that ANY dude (or any combination thereof)[/b] would want to stay with would offer up such a ridiculous ultimatum?
    I've often wondered this..."I love you but will only stick around if you give up something that you love very much and brings you much happiness."

• RADIOSHACK SAVED MY MARRIAGE!!![/b]

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Thanks.

The two I saw both involved the Staple Singers, oddly enough...Bealtitude: Respect Yourself, and Mavis' solo joint, Only For The Lonely.

BTW...after he cleans the apartment, you can still see a small stack of vinyl to the left of that MP3 gizmo (or whatever the hell that was).

• Did anyone notice that he runs the vinyl into his 'mic input' 1/8" jack? Yeah, I'm sure those mp3s sound *real* nice.

Also, he's recording them to a mono file, you'd think a 'tech savvy' place like the Shack would want to nail down those little details.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    even when i slo-mo the screen, i still can't tell what that yellow-label album spinning around is

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Did anyone notice that he runs the vinyl into his 'mic input' 1/8" jack? Yeah, I'm sure those mp3s sound *real* nice.

Yeah! What kinda loser would do that?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

- J

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    The big question is: What lady that ANY dude would want to stay with would offer up such a ridiculous ultimatum?

Perhaps she caught him getting a little too friendly with the punchout holes on his LPs and considers that infidelity.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    My wife: "I think it's cute."

Uh oh.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    My wife: "I think it's cute."

Uh oh.

ha ha