Has anyone seen the new Radio Shack commercial?

Mad Drama TeacherMad Drama Teacher 1,985 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
What a loser!Stand strong, brethren.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Seriously.

That dude needed to man up. (Or maybe just get a storage space).

Moreover, was his girlfriend gone for a year? I don't really think he's going to digitize that whole shit in three days.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

A&E BIOGRAPHY: a ko

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    What a loser!

Stand strong, brethren.

No, what is it?

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    What a loser!

Stand strong, brethren.

they played this like 6 times during the mavs warriors game...he has the little envelope with her name on it...what a joke

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    Moreover, was his girlfriend gone for a year? I don't really think he's going to digitize that whole shit in three days.

Hahaha, my man Josh Abrams said the exact same shit when we saw the commercial a dozen times last night on TNT.

So I guess "30-something dude with too many LPs" is a demographic now?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Hahaha, my man Josh Abrams said the exact same shit when we saw the commercial a dozen times last night on TNT.

So I guess "30-something dude with too many LPs" is a demographic now?

I have seen this guy in my shop. He comes in with very expensive clothes and buys very cheap LPs. A LOT OF THEM. He has an insanely hot girl on his arm and usually a small dog.

He seems to be into "vinyl", but not all that into "music".

I think the fallacy in the commercial is that this dude would never digitize his vinyl. He's already got a stacked ipod for when he wants to listen to music.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    My wife and I saw that for the first time while watching tv together the other night, and I just turtned to her and said "don't count on that happening here."

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    So if the average record is 40 minutes long and you have 5000 LPs, that's 200,000 minutes.
    Which in short, equals back pain and a lot of time.
    Is the trim worth all of that?

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    All those records wouldn't fit on that one Ipod either.

Maybe if they were ALL singles.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    she's pretty cute and all but damn. buckle up son.

on another note, whenever i see records in commercials/movies/etc i always wonder what's in the stacks. i'm sure they just buy crates of dollar bin shit, but i always wanna believe there's some raer in there.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    This is worse than the ending of Half Baked.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    My girlfriend asked me about this type of thing once, ONCE.

Why the fuck would you transfer your entire music collection to a device that could cause you to loose your entire collection from one badly placed glass of water? Or one precarious placement...stupid stupid stupid.

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    My girlfriend asked me about this type of thing once, ONCE.

Why the fuck would you transfer your entire music collection to a device that could cause you to loose your entire collection from one badly placed glass of water? Or one precarious placement...stupid stupid stupid.

It's nice to have access to my whole collection wherever I go. Also, just back everything up.
    Not that I would get rid of my vinyl, though.

• I'm glad we're all on the same page.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    I've been waiting for someone to bring this up here. Just so I can say

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

Hilarious.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I'm glad someone brought this up, too. i said out loud "this commercial is fucking wack!" when my wife and i saw that the first time. someone needs to do a parody of this and youtube it. one where she comes back and he's got his shit all around, a raer-loving cutie going through his crates and he gives his girl her walking papers right there.

for the record, my wife respects my record game. she even lets me keep my full expedit in the living room.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    she even lets me keep my full expedit in the living room.

your pimp hand is quite weak young jedi

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    she even lets me keep my full expedit in the living room.

your pimp hand is quite weak young jedi

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I don't have cable and don't really watch TV. Could someone summarize this commercial for me? Seriously.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    I'm glad someone brought this up, too. i said out loud "this commercial is fucking wack!" when my wife and i saw that the first time. someone needs to do a parody of this and youtube it. one where she comes back and he's got his shit all around, a raer-loving cutie going through his crates and he gives his girl her walking papers right there.

for the record, my wife respects my record game. she even lets me keep my full expedit in the living room.

NICE. I was able to bargain for one expedit in the living room but only if every other square were dedicated to... you know.. candles and stuff.

I did see this commercial now. Not only is it wack from a record collector's point of view but it's pretty stupid on multiple levels.

• I don't have cable and don't really watch TV. Could someone summarize this commercial for me? Seriously.

Rock song playing. Girl's angry face. Camera pans across a room blanketed in records. Boy stands up and pleads. Girl leaves. Ultimatum: Me or the records.

Rock song continues. Camera flashes between records spinning and a computer recording them into digital format. Boys hauling records here and there. The pile begins to disappear.

Rock song continues. Girl re-enters apartment complex and hears the same song. He chose the records. Much consternation. Door knob turning. Rock song swells. Light pours into a clean, neat room. No records to be found. iPod gadget emitting the sound of good choices. A letter next to it addressed to girl. Camera captures her smile -- the boy standing sheepishly in the corner out of focus.

Rock song swells then fades. They are in love.

• HairyBelafonteHairyBelafonte 1,202 Posts
    I don't have cable and don't really watch TV. Could someone summarize this commercial for me? Seriously.

Rock song playing. Girl's angry face. Camera pans across a room blanketed in records. Boy stands up and pleads. Girl leaves. Ultimatum: Me or the records.

Rock song continues. Camera flashes between records spinning and a computer recording them into digital format. Boys hauling records here and there. The pile begins to disappear.

Rock song continues. Girl re-enters apartment complex and hears the same song. He chose the records. Much consternation. Door knob turning. Rock song swells. Light pours into a clean, neat room. No records to be found. iPod gadget emitting the sound of good choices. A letter next to it addressed to girl. Camera captures her smile -- the boy standing sheepishly in the corner out of focus.

damn, thats lame. I've heard that story before and he didnt choose the girl

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

"It's like walking into your grandpa's basement. You always expect to see something cool, but it never delivers."

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Thanks.

Were any jackets visible?