New F-A-B-O: too dark for Caitlyn n'nem?

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
The one with Ne-Yo and the Timbaland beat that has suddenly become inescapable in NY.What say the experts?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Caitlyn n'nem scurred of Ne-Yo?

I havent heard it yet. It must have a video right?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Searched for it on YouTube--doesn't seem to. You can hear it there, though--there's a couple of those homemade joints where you're treated to a pastiche of Faboulous pics as the song plays.

Do Caitlyn n'nem like Ne-Yo? I thought he might be a little too RnB. I always figured his secret weapon in terms of his sales was older Black women that don't DL and whom he reminds of artists from the era before RnB became so saturated with rap's influence.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Searched for it on YouTube--doesn't seem to. You can hear it there, though--there's a couple of those homemade joints where you're treated to a pastiche of Faboulous pics as the song plays.

Do Caitlyn n'nem like Ne-Yo? I thought he might be a little too m he reminds of artists from the era before RnB became so saturated with rap's influence.

Well that Sexy Love joint was gettin crazy play.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    "return of the hustle" has a good blaze beat & bad fab lyrics, but it does have a real video!

gotta say though, i am getting as tired of hype's flashy letterbox style as i am of fab's clever little 'phors

• Searched for it on YouTube--doesn't seem to. You can hear it there, though--there's a couple of those homemade joints where you're treated to a pastiche of Faboulous[/b] pics as the song plays.

I would think that someone who's committed as many Fabolous lyrics to memory as you have would at least be able to spell the man's name correctly (or rather, his preferred incorrect spelling).

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Searched for it on YouTube--doesn't seem to. You can hear it there, though--there's a couple of those homemade joints where you're treated to a pastiche of Faboulous[/b] pics as the song plays.

I would think that someone who's committed as many Fabolous lyrics to memory as you have would at least be able to spell the man's name correctly (or rather, his preferred incorrect spelling).

Damn, that's embarassing--it is neither the correct spelling, nor the preferred incorrect one.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    it cleared my dance floor twice now so im gonna wait till it gets some radio play or a video before playing it again. i like it, not suprising the crowd dosent.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

Do Caitlyn n'nem like Ne-Yo? I thought he might be a little too RnB. I always figured his secret weapon in terms of his sales was older Black women that don't DL and whom he reminds of artists from the era before RnB became so saturated with rap's influence.

I - for one - think this is in need of much more discussion:

NE-YO "Because of You"(Def Jam)
    New York Times
    Kelefa Sanneh
    Pity the R&B star Ne-Yo. All he really wants to do is write a few hits (he helped compose Beyonc?????s ???Irreplaceable???), croon a few slow jams (his breakthrough single was ???So Sick,??? a winsome ode to a loser), sell a few million albums (he???s getting there). But it???s never that easy. Mere months after he recorded his heavy-breathed treatise on the importance of bedroom mirrors, a shocking rumor started circulating: it was whispered that the young singer suffered ??? not unhappily, perhaps ??? from sex addiction.

No one can know for sure who started this rumor. (Surely the culprit couldn???t possibly be a guy known as Ne-Yo.) No matter: on his second album, ???Because of You,??? this crooner steps up to correct the record. In ???Addicted,??? he sighs about the wages of fame, announces he has ???gotta get some stuff off my chest,??? then ??? accompanied by a pleasantly cheap-sounding fake horn section ??? works his way up to the grand declaration: ???No. I. Am. Not. I???m not addicted to sex.??? Good to know. One warning, though: ???Girl, I guarantee/That if you lay with me/You just might be.???

Ne-Yo has found an enthusiastic audience among the young female listeners who watch BET???s ???106 and Park??? and buy tickets for the teenager-friendly ???Scream??? tour. The new album will keep them happy, but it???s clearly an attempt to win over their parents: Ne-Yo is drawn to lush arrangements and woo-woo-woo ad libs; he???s devoted to the venerable genre known as baby-making music.

The title track (and lead single), propelled by a steady kick-drum, seems designed to accompany couples twirling across a dance floor, or a roller rink; ???Can We Chill??? mines similar territory, while giving Ne-Yo yet another chance to demonstrate his love for Michael Jackson. He???s got a silky voice and a clear knack for chronicling obsessive love and lust; maybe one day he???ll create a half-crazed R&B masterpiece. (???Leaving Tonight,??? a perfectly pulpy duet with Jennifer Hudson, hints at this possibility.) But in the meantime, ???Because of You??? is a likable little album: 12 girl-crazy songs from a boy who can stop anytime he wants. Honest.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    I always figured his secret weapon in terms of his sales was older Black women that don't DL and whom he reminds of artists from the era before RnB became so saturated with rap's influence.

Es la verdad. I had an older Black woman request this gem when I DJed on Friday. She told me she was 50 yrs old, and named Giselle, "like the Victoria Secrets model, but I came first."

It was this versus the 34 year old woman and her crew wanting to hear more rap & r&b with her skinny, gap-toothed cronie chiming in, "you know like, Jay-Z & Biggie. It's Brooklyn up in here tonight!" As exciting for others as the whole hip-hop thing can be, that shit is tired.

G&S is

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    FABOLOUS!!!!

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Can swizz beatz NOT jack someone else's lyrics? he went from stealing casio beats to stealing rappers lyrics? seriously dude needs to quit.