beautiful Saturday Morning

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Wow, it is really nice today. I live across the street from a big park...just loungin' in my robe(big white terrycloth jernt, I recommend that everybody have one), smokin' a bud, listening to tunes and watching the ladies in little shorts jog the path. I should be out there jogging as well, but , I just had pancakes. Gonna grill some Elk roast later, have a dozen or so Modelos and not do shit. Viva Sabado!

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Fuck yeah it's nice in NC too. I'm about to go to my homie Montek's place for his annual Holi celebration/cookout, then we're DJing Indian jams at the club later tonight.

Hello Folks,

To celebrate the arrival of Spring, the German National Beer Day, the
    Catalonian Lovers Day, and Holi---the Indian festival of colors---you
    are invited to a lunchtime party at my place on Saturday, April 28,
    from noon-4pm. The weather will be gorgeous, and you will want to get
    wet!

I will be providing color for throwing at people and painting their
    faces, and will make a couple of big pots of spicy Indian food. We
    will also have a BBQ grill fired up, so bring some grillables. I will
    stock up some beer and wine, but more beer and wine are appreciated,
    and will be consumed!

For those unfamiliar with how Holi is celebrated in India, imagine a
    combination of face painting, waterfighting, drinking, eating,
    dancing, and a full day of legitimized public flirting.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOqcH4TVjXU

Looking forward to seeing y'all in your whitest best. Be prepared to
    go home looking like in the attached picture from last year's party.

RSVP!
    Montek

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    weathar today !

bustin out the skateboard and some brew with tha boombox and hopefully a couple of hunneez!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Nice lazy Saturday for me as well. Still a little chilly, but the sun is shining bright and I can't help but be in a good mood. I got no plans to leave the house today...just sitting around listening to Bo Diddley's Another Dimension album, and I'm about to order some Chinese food.

(Memphis must be NICE this time of year, Hook...it was almost this time last year I remember eating bar-B-Q down by the river and checking out Booker T. & the MG's playing live at the Memphis In May thing...seems like you beat us to summer by about a month!)

Wow, it is really nice today. I live across the street from a big park...just loungin' in my robe(big white terrycloth jernt, I recommend that everybody have one), smokin' a bud, listening to tunes and watching the ladies in little shorts jog the path. I should be out there jogging as well, but , I just had pancakes.

All the more reason to go jogging! (Or at least have a power walk to stroll off all that food...)

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    Here's what I'm working with:

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    yeah it's nice out in cali today... just made myself some killer breakfast burritos and now i'm off for a long walk to the thrift store... if you're reading this, you should probably be outside as well

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yeah it's nice out in cali today... just made myself some killer breakfast burritos and now i'm off for a long walk to the thrift store... if you're reading this, you should probably be outside as well

damn straight copped mad LPs today and having a nice little lunch with the folks, co-worker's birthday jumpoff later this evening gonna get crunky and getting the laundry done hells yes to some boba later and it's gonna be a nice one tomorrow, too

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    out back rocking

moms she wants a copy for Mother's Day.