SONGS YOU NEVER EVER WANT TO HEAR AGAIN!

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    James Brown, Funky good time. Full version.

Can't stand it when somebody plays this one out...

- spidey

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    [Insert bad Rootdown story featuring Funky good time and too much bad beer here.]

- spidey

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are some songs I don't wanna hear again:

-"Build Me Up, Buttercup"-The Foundations.
    -"Break My Stride"-Matthew Wilder.
    -"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"-Cyndi Lauper.
    -"Peggy Sue"-Buddy Holly.
    -"Good Vibrations"-The Beach Boys.
    -"Dance Electric"-Andre Cymone.
    -"Perfect Way"-Scritti Politti (my older brother use to play this shit all the time).
    -"Safety Dance"-Men Without Hats.
    -"Man Down Under"-Men At Work.
    -"Fire Cracker"-Mass Production (never liked this song).
    -"Turn The Beat Around"-Vickie Sue Robinson.
    -"YMCA"-The Village People.
    -"Mickey"-Toni Basil (what a stupid-ass song).
    -"Copacabana"-Barry Manilow.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Chumbawamba - Tubthumping

I DARE you to name a worse song.

Watch this if you hate your eyes and ears...

"My spinning class included this song as part of our workout.....I could spin for ever with the great rythm and beat this song provides....It gave me inspiration to cycle to the top !!"

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    American Pie - The OG or Madonna`s version.

This song can fuck right off!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I DARE you to name a worse song.

Collapsed Lung - Eat My Goal

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    We have a new radio station here called Movin' 107.5

there hook is "music that makes you feel good"

Its like ALL of the Songs in this thread on constant rotation. Club Bangers, Party tracks....the occasional tupac or biggie song. They play a lot of En Vogue and TLC. They have been playing the Men Black Song like its going out of style. They do play a lot of 80's and Soft Rock too.

One of my most hated songs ever is hollerback girl. Lyrically, its the definition of stupid.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    alice deejay - do you think...

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

- spidey

It seems like heresy to say such a thing, but sometimes I find myself thinking that, if I were to live the rest of my life without ever hearing "Sex Machine" again, I wouldn't be too upset. Sure, it's a great record and a classic, and that's why it's remained as popular as it has. But to me, "Sex Machine" has simply become the lazy DJ's number one choice down the years for those moments when the occasion calls for some James Brown. Thinking about it now, it probably is a little strong to suggest that I'd never want to hear it ever again, but maybe a moratorium wouldn't hurt. Play "There Was A Time" or "Get On The Good Foot" or "Superbad" a little more often, whydoncha?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    "Concrete Schoolyard" by Jurassic 5. Please make it stop.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    where the hell do you go to hear this?? not that i'm saying i want to

lots of good music in this thread! soulmarcosa is nuts and i don't even buy batmon's conditional - yeah there are some REAL OBVIOUS songs that need to get dropped from setlists but some of the hits i certainly don't mind hearing (ALLLL IIIII DOOOOOOO...)

the ones i'll cosign are shit like "Safety dance" that big stacks mentioned ... 80s pop is pretty much DEAD to me right now (although the R&B spectrum still feels underplayed! bring back jam & lewis)

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    One of my most hated songs ever is hollerback girl. Lyrically, its the definition of stupid.
    new to this 'pop music' thing are you?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    -"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"-Cyndi Lauper.
    this is still my jam

but, "zoot zoot riot" can go hug a nut.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

- spidey

It seems like heresy to say such a thing, but sometimes I find myself thinking that, if I were to live the rest of my life without ever hearing "Sex Machine" again, I wouldn't be too upset. Sure, it's a great record and a classic, and that's why it's remained as popular as it has. But to me, "Sex Machine" has simply become the lazy DJ's number one choice down the years for those moments when the occasion calls for some James Brown. Thinking about it now, it probably is a little strong to suggest that I'd never want to hear it ever again, but maybe a moratorium wouldn't hurt. Play "There Was A Time" or "Get On The Good Foot" or "Superbad" a little more often, whydoncha?

Yeah, I feel you dude. He pretty much summed it up with his description and why it was a personal experience for him. And I feel you on "played out" funk but still it's very few and far between there are songs - especially James' songs - that I would fit in this category.

Maybe "'93 'Til Infinity."

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

AL GREEN

"I'll Be Good To You" is the FUNK BOMB!

But I could probably live the rest of my life without hearing "Let's Stay Together" and be alright.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

- spidey

I definitely feel you on on "Sex Machine" = lazy DJ's go-to James track. Not to diminish how dope that song is, but James has a huge catalog of great tunes to play instead. I know I'm guilty of playing the fuck out of "My Thang," "Hot Pants," "Make It Funky," and "The Chicken."

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

AL GREEN

"I'll Be Good To You" is the FUNK BOMB!

yes, but this tune and another funk bomb of his "You Say It" could be playng and someone would come up as it plays and ask "You Have any Al Green"?

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    Journey - Don't Stop Believin' I can't believe people still play this at bars and clubs, but I do live in the middle of missouri.

Journey - Don't Stop Believin' I can't believe people still play this at bars and clubs, but I do live in the middle of missouri.

There's a new bar here that I refuse to go to.. cause they got a goddamn jukebox that plays thing song 2 times every hour.

- spidey

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I hate it when I go out and the they're playing "General Confessional" on the jukebox. That sucks.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    all my college party DJ staples on blast in this thread.

how about disco inferno?
    or anyting off of "Pure Disco" compilation. (one of my dad's favorites)

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

There's a new bar here that I refuse to go to.. cause they got a goddamn jukebox that plays thing song 2 times every hour.

- spidey

My girlfriend works at a bar with the best of Journey in the jukebox. The rest of the staff always plays it because they have some retro hipster crap-love going on. I just don't get it. But the song that will make me leave the room no matter where I am is Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I DJ at bars/clubs and lately a lot of weddings. I get really confused between these two worlds sometimes. Like when I drop some Red Red Wine in the middle of my Tubby dubplate set. This must have been what Ted Haggard felt like up there preaching some anti-gay hate and then spotting some cute boy out in the congregation.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Maybe "'93 'Til Infinity."

BAN

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Like when I drop some Red Red Wine in the middle of my Tubby dubplate set. This must have been what Ted Haggard felt like up there preaching some anti-gay hate and then spotting some cute boy out in the congregation.

Genius!

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    where the hell do you go to hear this?? not that i'm saying i want to

in england the students love this drivel, i still hear it off jukeboxes all the damn time or some wack dj will drop it.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    That song about some guy liking girls who wear abercorombie & fitch. It came on at a restraunt and I wanted to leave.

- spidey

SONG REDEEMED.

- spidey

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    That song about some guy liking girls who wear abercorombie & fitch. It came on at a restraunt and I wanted to leave.

...and something about "chinese food makes me sick..."

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts

i cant believe some of the atrists mentioned..not songs !? meaning never anything by such and such artist.
    i dont mean lets stay together or your typical go to cuts...but come on.

baby be mine is in constant rotation.
    so..no jacksons mirrors of the mind ? amongst many countless lp cuts.
    whats next no marvin gaye ?
    no prince..period ? where are yall spinning in prison ?

btw..james brown funky good time..are you thinking doin it til death ..or am i confusing titles ?
    if so..your buggin.

maybe its sarcasm but...from the songs/artists mentioned in this thread that yall never want to hear again...sounds like a real fun party.

how about songs that actually suck- darude/sandstorms...or ,what if god was one of us, or return of the mack or pm dawn, or .......pretty much anything on the radio.