WHO THINK'S FIDDY'S GONNA FLOP?

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
His new songs are laughably bad...http://spinemagazine.com/music/april/50cent/fullyloadedclip.mp3 ... and his personality really sucks. Will the people still buy this?

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    man I sure hope he flops. no hate; he clearly has enough$ to retire on. I am just so ready for the 50-Eminem era to be over.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    The beat on that new track is flames... he's not great on it but he rarely is so i'm not sure it deserves singly out from his old stuff...

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    The beat on that new track is flames... he's not great on it but he rarely is so i'm not sure it deserves singly out from his old stuff...

Beat is cool - pretty standard for Havoc. But Fifty shits on it..the flow, concept and hook are embarrassing. I think he's playing dumb actually. He's that calculated.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    hhah I know its pretty bad, and thats the street single...

I don't think it will flop only because he has a fanbase that will buy anything by him, though I do think a large portion of that audience will DL it for free when it leaks or even after it drops.

Dude is really a 1 trick pony when it comes to music, his subject matter is always the same adn almost the same attitude in every song. Add to that the fact that he is pretty disconnected from what the skreets are feelin living in Connecticut, this should at the very least be interesting.

the only reason that single is selling is because of the beat. everyone is laughing at the hook.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'm guessing the title is "Fully Loaded Clip."

50 sounds like the R. Kelly of rappers, what with all the useless stacked dialogue:
    "Lemme lemme show you what I do this right here-now the Ruger holds 16-I put 16 in the clip-I put it in-I cock dat-one in the head-I take that (???)-I put another one in the clip-I put it back-I gotta fully loaded clip."

50, also bringing back some old-school style similies: "I'm in the cut like germs"; "I do dirt like worms." It's 1994 all over again!

Pretty soon, rap will have devolved to grunts, keyboards, and gunshot sound effects so that no one will have to worry about the use of the n- and h- and b-words. This is Russell Simmons's dream realized!

Truly

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I am just so ready for the 50-Eminem era to be over.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

Pretty soon, rap will have devolved to grunts, keyboards, and gunshot sound effects so that no one will have to worry about the use of the n- and h- and b-words. This is Russell Simmons's dream realized!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    he is pretty disconnected from what the skreets are feelin living in Connecticut

Ah: Apparently you missed the logic-bending couplet "I ain't fresh out the hood / I'm still in the hood." Faulty inferences 4 dayz.

Oh, and what does "3 third lane switching lanes" mean?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    The beat on that new track is flames... [/b]

Is that supposed to be a good thing or bad thing?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    The beat on that new track is

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Shit has been over for a minute in my hood. Cats been clownin these two.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I could never take an artist seriously that wears a fucking flack-jacket in a photo shoot...I suppose this is to imply that he is living dangerously, "hard", going hunting with people who are bad aims, what?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Seriously, that song would be a crack up if it was Weird Al's Voice.............

"I got a fully load clip, I got a fully loaded clip, I got a fully laoded clip...hey did I mention I have a fully loaded clip?????"

• ExtraExtraExtraExtra 209 Posts
    I saw a funny interview on MTVJ with him today. He said his album is called Curtis SSK (SoundScan Killah). He said it didn't matter what people said cause he had tough skin. He said if he actually cared he would do something crazy like Britney and shave his head.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    plenty of kids at the elementary school i work at still feelin this guy

I question whether they even understand what he's saying. Last summer I had this one kid who ran around yelling "SNAP YO BAGELS" cause he thought it was the hook to that Lil John track "Snap Yo Fingers". True story.

Also in my experience it is extraordinarily rare for a kid in elementary school to have been exposed to anything hip-hop except for mass media images. Only kid that's ever proven me wrong there so far was the son of a pretty well known hip-hop writer & activist.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    its really awful, but i think alot of these kids parents are telling them to like role models like this.
    it seems like a strange attempt to make their child popular or hip.
    parents these days are even more disconnected now than in the 50s

its really awful, but i think alot of these kids parents are telling them to like role models like this.

i.e. the 3rd graders wearing G-Unit branded clothing? Yup. Not sure about the 50s, but I definately think elementary school and middle school kids are targeted by advertizing to such a degree that it really is a striking anomaly when you find kids who are at all involved in something that could be considered counter culture or going against the grain. Parents play a role when they financially support it and don't question it.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    he should have some hot shit on there. but i dont know. people are sick of rap right now.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

I think it's actually the parent trying to be hip through their kid.

I'll never forget the 50 yr old lady I worked with saying "I love the Slim Shady!"

• JiggamofoJiggamofo 42 Posts
    I question whether they even understand what he's saying. Last summer I had this one kid who ran around yelling "SNAP YO BAGELS" cause he thought it was the hook to that Lil John track "Snap Yo Fingers". True story.

When I was way younger, i.e. Doggystyle had recently came out, I was on the bus hearing a kid sing "Snoop Darling, hoooooooold me." Sadly that's why 50's will sell, I mean he's a mumbling ass clown.... with some alright production.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

This is the truth, especially in middle america. But I am not sure about their buying power being in elementary school. And even if kids in highschool and below are feelin 50cent are they actually going to buy it or just DL it when it leaks?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    This is the truth, especially in middle america. But I am not sure about their buying power being in elementary school. And even if kids in highschool and below are feelin 50cent are they actually going to buy it or just DL it when it leaks?
    i wonder if he will continue to make music if his products are selling well while his music gets ignored?