what's that Ludicris go-go song?

TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I'm back in the DC area for a min and i heard 95.5 playing this hot song with luda over a go-go beat. i'm pretty sure it was "pimping all over the world" but they played that song later and it had a more standard, less go-go beat to it. is that an official remix or a DC thing, cuase it sounded really good and i'd love to get my hands on it.anyone?

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I don't know about a recent one, but I saw Luda on the Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno last year and Rare Essence was his backing band. That was pretty dope.

• i missed the song, but on the radio just now they said the first song on the coutdown was "pimping around the world" by Ludicris & Rare Essence, so there is some DC version of the song going around....the people at DJ Hut had no idea what i was talking about though.

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    i missed the song, but on the radio just now they said the first song on the coutdown was "pimping around the world" by Ludicris & Rare Essence, so there is some DC version of the song going around....the people at DJ Hut had no idea what i was talking about though.

the joint is hot. currently only a radio thing from what I heard. I need to get it though to add to the other heaters that should give gogo mainstream acceptance like the rare essence cover of pieces of me. FIRE FIRE FIRE! straight fire or the wompendem (however you spell their name) sunglasses at night cover.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    the people at DJ Hut had no idea what i was talking about though.

they tend not to...

• sunglasses at night cover.

umm.....how come i never heard this, got a link? wanna sell me a double or something? and let me know (PM or reply to this post) if you somehow obtain a vinyl copy of the luda track. it really sounds like it was ment for the go-go beat, way better than the normal versiona and he even gives a shout out to DC.

and i agree about this being one of those songs that would get people who have no idea what go-go is to take note. too bad this isnt the official version

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

they tend not to...

at least they are nice. one dude in there knows disco like forever, though.

urry go go 12 has the instr bside.

• the people at DJ Hut had no idea what i was talking about though.

they tend not to...

i gotta agree that they were nice to me and very helpfull with finding other things

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

they tend not to...

i gotta agree that they were nice to me and very helpfull with finding other things

Yeah, the owner or manager, older DJ who really knows his shit and is as helpful as you could hope for.