I FEEL LIKE BUSTIN' LOOSE

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
GIMME THE BRIDGE NA GIMME THE BRIDGE NA NA(horns)

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    HELL YEAH. I am putting that one on pronto.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    girl in the black killin' it

• Shamefully I saw Chuck for the first time a couple weeks ago. He sat in with Galactic and they did like a 20 minute go-go medley, started off with Woody's theme. Awesome. But somehow they didn't play Bustin' Loose.

• And Chuck was killin' it! I think he must be 70-something, but he was all over it. Dude looks real good.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i was considering seeing the chuck show at 930 on friday. decided against it because i hate 930 but maybe i should reconsider since i've never seen dude and i don't know how much longer imma be in the area for.

• i was considering seeing the chuck show at 930 on friday. decided against it because i hate 930 but maybe i should reconsider since i've never seen dude and i don't know how much longer imma be in the area for.

ahh hells yeah! the 10 minute part 2 of "bustin loose" on the 12" is my jam. My buddy went and saw him in NY here last week. He went to the 11pm show cause he figured they would have more time to jam out and to encores.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    For the late seventies, "Bustin' Loose" is HARD. Winter of 1978-79, the airwaves are RULED by Chic's "Le Freak," and then out of left field comes GIMME THE BRIDGE NOW, GIMME THE BRIDGE NOW! Sounds like something Rufus Thomas woulda done in 1972!

• GIMME THE BRIDGE NA GIMME THE BRIDGE NA NA
    (horns)

Speaking of Chuck, he just released a new album. First one since 1979. The single they are playing on the radio here in DC is dope as shit. 'Chuck baby don't give a fuck!'.

The weird thing about the song though is that he is singing to a women and trying to woo her but the women on the track replying to his game spittin is his daughter KK. Kind of weird if you ask me but anyways that jont is dope!

From what I have heard they tried to give his new album a more updated sound and if the single is anything like the rest of the album it is going to be hot! I am going to cop that jont today or tomorrow.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Speaking of Chuck, he just released a new album.

Listened to the album at work today and it's on some tepid adult contemp go-go business. I really do not need to hear a go-go "theme from the godfather."

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    I was really hoping this would be a thread about The Spinmasters with a vid. Been wanting to see that video for awhile now for some reason.

Not on utube, so I'll just boogie to Chuck

• Speaking of Chuck, he just released a new album.

Listened to the album at work today and it's on some tepid adult contemp go-go business. I really do not need to hear a go-go "theme from the godfather."

Haven't heard the whole thing, but the single is

why don't you like 9:30? besides the expensive drinks, I think it is pretty great.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I have a High School Record "Locke Saints" where they do a pretty sweet cover of this.....Does anybody else have this LP?

Speaking of Chuck, he just released a new album. First one since 1979.

He's had others since then...

• Speaking of Chuck, he just released a new album. First one since 1979.

my fault I thought all the joints he release since bustin loose were live performances or best of which there are quite a few.

run joe!

Speaking of Chuck, he just released a new album. First one since 1979.

my fault I thought all the joints he release since bustin loose were live performances or best of which there are quite a few.

run joe!

if all hes done were live albums, id count those...(matter of fact it was a live album that came to mind when i read yr original post)

Speaking of Chuck, he just released a new album.

You're right, the album does have a certain "older-musician-trying-to-get-with-the-younger-set" vibe, but it still works in spite of itself.

I wonder if he's ever played in chitlin'-circuit blues venues? 'Cause this new album, in spirit, would sound good next to a Bobby Rush or a Theodis Ealey.