alternate versions you heard but cant find

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
anyone hate these kind of songs?i have been looking for a version of D & D "1,2 Pass It"where each verse uses a beat from the artist rappingmaybe its a dj cutbut im sure this happens with alot of songs

Comments

• that's funny you mention this. A few weeks ago they played that exact song on the radio. I remember thinking hmmm... that's not anything I have, i've since been looking for it as well as the acapella.

another song which i SWEAR i heard and am NOT crazy is the symphony by the juice crew. Years ago Doc B or DJ Ran played it on philly radio. It was a real chilled out version, but i've never met anyone what has heard anything but the standard version.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    the video version of "mecca and the soul brother"...never could find a decent pressing bsides lowfi whitelabels and fucked up bootlegs.

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    I remember thinking hmmm... that's not anything I have, i've since been looking for it as well as the acapella[/b].

and behemoth, i have the version you mean too, but it takes some time to up it, cause i don??t remember on which tape it is, maybe on a funkmaster flex one

• THANKS PLANLESS! name anything you want and i'll try to up it.

also.. my memory is getting fuzzy and i'm sure i could look it up in 5 seconds, but is the BDP - You must learn video version available on anything?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    I remember thinking hmmm... that's not anything I have, i've since been looking for it as well as the acapella[/b].

and behemoth, i have the version you mean too, but it takes some time to up it, cause i don??t remember on which tape it is, maybe on a funkmaster flex one

if you can find the tape and upload it whenever u get the chance thatd be awesome. but like i said. only if you have time.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    anyone hate these kind of songs?

i have been looking for a version of D & D "1,2 Pass It"

where each verse uses a beat from the artist rapping

maybe its a dj cut

but im sure this happens with alot of songs

That's the DJ Mighty MI version. It came out in 1995 on the flipside of a Stretch Armstrong white label remix of Method Man & Redman's "How High."

Also, DJ Ran used to play the Symphony remix a lot. It's different, has a more chill drum beat and a guitar sample. It's on the original 12".

the video version of "mecca and the soul brother"...never could find a decent pressing bsides lowfi whitelabels and fucked up bootlegs.

do you mean this one, the WIG OUT RMX? imo, i heard much weaker pressings of my favourite tracks

also.. my memory is getting fuzzy and i'm sure i could look it up in 5 seconds, but is the BDP - You must learn video version available on anything?

yes, pressed on 12inch as Live From Caucus Mountains Remix[/b]

• that's live though right?

i mean the studio version. i'll go check it out.

also as for the symphony.. i have the 12" here, I always figured that's was probably it, but you now how it is when you hear something once. I always rememebered it being something else. Almost a dilla type beat. But seeing as nobody knows it, it must be that.

that's live though right?

it??s this one, but without the talk in the classroom

• haha I'm getting old. Thanks. I ended up having two out of the three things I asked about.

can we get a I'm getting old greamlin?

• I wish I could find the remix to A Tribe Called Quest's "The Chase Part II"[/b] which I heard years back on WBAI 99.5fm New York, USA. For those unfamiliar with the show, it's called the "Underground Railroad" @ hiphopmusic.com, a show of which DJ Spinna used to DJ for regularly and Andrew "DJ Monk One" Mason of Wax Poetics magazine is a current DJ.

another rarity I heard but don't own, Isidore aka Izzy Ice of Da King & I: "Soul Man" the original pressing, not the version that came out from Profile records[/b]. The original has a different recording of the vocals and the beat sounds a slightly different. Mister Cee played it a few times on his radio show with Mr. Magic on 91.5fm during the mid 90's, I have it on tape still today.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Isidore aka Izzy Ice of Da King & I: "Soul Man" the original pressing, not the version that came out from Profile records[/b].
    found this in a free/donation box from amoeba three or four years ago.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I wish I could find the remix to A Tribe Called Quest's "The Chase Part II"[/b] which I heard years back on WBAI 99.5fm New York, USA. For those unfamiliar with the show, it's called the "Underground Railroad" @ hiphopmusic.com, a show of which DJ Spinna used to DJ for regularly and Andrew "DJ Monk One" Mason of Wax Poetics magazine is a current DJ.

The album version of "The Chase" is different than the one which is on the B-side of the "Award Tour" 12".

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    that's live though right?

it??s this one, but without the talk in the classroom

what are ya sellin' us?
    the creator dwell in us

I miss those days. (yes oldman)

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Maybe someone here can help me with this, a friend just emailed me looking for an alternate version of "Eric B Is President". The only one I'm familiar with is the LP version with the "Make em, Make em clap to this" sample in the chorus. According to him: "For the chorus/interlude parts in the song, it kinda goes "Clap Your Hands, Clap Your Hands" then sounds like Rakim or Rock Him is being scratched in".

Anyone familiar with this? MP3?

• This has been killing me for like 5 yrs.

On the Sonny Hopson Cd that came out a few years ago rips through a ton of classics. One in particular was

Dyke and the Blazers "Let a Woman Be A Woman..."

The only thing is that break is extended. It took me a few listened, but i finally caught it.

No one seems to know.

Didn't someone catch sonny's collection a few years back after he passed?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    i dont know if it's the wigout mix but i feel like it could be...it had to be over 6min. Long instrumental part at the end with Kool N.T sax here and there...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I remember hearing an alternate version of Ice Cube's "The Bomb" during the promo for "Boyz In Tha Hood" that I've never heard anywhere else.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    This has been killing me for like 5 yrs.

On the Sonny Hopson Cd that came out a few years ago rips through a ton of classics. One in particular was

The only thing is that break is extended. It took me a few listened, but i finally caught it.

No one seems to know.

this has the previously unissued extendo break version of that and several other Dyke tracks, plus some totally unreleased tracks. good liner notes, mastered from original tapes, 2LP or CD.

• kilogramkilogram 152 Posts

No one seems to know.

this has the previously unissued extendo break version of that and several other Dyke tracks, plus some totally unreleased tracks. good liner notes, mastered from original tapes, 2LP or CD.

there's a 12" for it

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    I wish I could find the remix to A Tribe Called Quest's "The Chase Part II"[/b] which I heard years back on WBAI 99.5fm New York, USA. For those unfamiliar with the show, it's called the "Underground Railroad" @ hiphopmusic.com, a show of which DJ Spinna used to DJ for regularly and Andrew "DJ Monk One" Mason of Wax Poetics magazine is a current DJ.

I think I have this on a 12". Yellow label with a Jive logo on it, bought it then and never saw it again. I'll try to dig it out.

Also, if no one else posts the D&D Allstars remix please remind me to find my copy.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    behemoth,
    in case you didn't find the d&d allstars remix yet check out my blog, i just posted it together with the how high remix.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

No one seems to know.

there's a 12" for it

Can somebody post an mp3 of this?

• yeah I know what you mean.

I been lookin for this "Brandy - Best Friend Pete rock remix" since 1996
    I even forgot what samples and breaks supposedly pete rock used in that mix.
    Real fresh. Could also been on some rare japanese 12" bootleg sheet i dunno.

Anyhone got a clue or can put up a snippet?

Edit: It might've been Pete used the same breaks as used in "Pete rock and Cl's Searchin' "

• Another one Im lookin for:

Wich Mixtape has that "Nas - Reprezent remix"?

Snippet:

Did they release it on record?
    Or does someone own a vinyl cutter and can put some exclusive sheet on wax?