library abuse (NRR)

SyminSymin 999 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
why is it that crasy Sh*t constantly goes down at the library?im here at the computer writing a paper when a bum stumbles in and procedes to freak out vocally then fall on the floor and convulse. Why the library? I really dont think its seizures or anything, ive taken medical training courses and dude seemed fully concious and in control through the whole thing. Now there is security guards and a whole scene is going down and this paper is not getting written and heaps of other people here not getting anything done either. should libraries give in to this kind of thing or give them the boot like a restraunt would?

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    well they aren't private property like a restaurant is, that's why.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    I forgot to mention its a Private college library

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    I forgot to mention its a Private college library
    this is unimportant
    i guess it is good that there is a place that people can go if they are having medical problems, if the hospital is too far away.
    im probably just frusterated that my work is going slow.

several other noise related incidents have happened in the library recently and thats probably because there are not any noise regulations. just cell phone regulations.
    now im rambling.

• this paper is not getting written and heaps of other people here not getting anything done either.

im sure posting about it on soulstrut will finish your paper. pictures?

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    why is it that crasy Sh*t constantly goes down at the library?

they are warm places and in many towns without any kind of support system for homeless or mentally disturbed they offer a place to relax, at my library we get a couple of homeless dudes whos worst offense is smelling bad or snoring and iam not for kicking them out when we have rich teenagers being a great deal more offensive, i have kicked out way more dumbass teenagers than homeless or nutty dudes. many libraries though are way to lax on kicking dudes out in my opinion, another library i worked at had a homeless dude that would pleasure himself to pictures of jackie onassis in the childrens section and management would not even say a word to him even after parents had complained.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    i think public library master-woohoo is one of the major problems as well. i havent seen any of it but ive hear too many stories.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    another library i worked at had a homeless dude that would pleasure himself to pictures of jackie onassis in the childrens section and management would not even say a word to him even after parents had complained.

I fail to see the problem here. Unless you were expecting them to shout, "Go homeless dude, GO!"

Wait, Jackie Onassis? Did he use his Jackie-oh[/b] face?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    many libraries though are way to lax on kicking dudes out in my opinion, another library i worked at had a homeless dude that would pleasure himself to pictures of jackie onassis in the childrens section and management would not even say a word to him even after parents had complained.

without fail, there is THAT dude playing tug-a-lug in the urinals at the NYU library.

I walked into the men's room during midterms and something wasnt right: there was just one dude at the center urinal. i didnt think twice cause i had about 4 cups of caffine in me, but then THAT dude does the head pivot.

OOOF x10000.

two days later it happend AGAIN!

Now, a month and a half later, mofo is still doing his thang! And THAT dude just a regular dude. Actually he looks like a bidness school kid (probably around 20). The thought has crossed my mind to play snitch on him, but i always give in to laziness and turn back to the books. am i wrong? probably... but the real question is...

WTF DUDE??!?!?!

kids just tryin to get their study on. jeez.

can we get a "take that sh*t to the YMCA graemlin" plaese?

• When I first moved to boston, I was doing some freelance writing and research, so I spent my days in the BPL downtown.

Sure enough, days there will filled with drunks, moaning weirdos, and the inevitable dude jerking it in the basement stall. And, a bearded lady who sat buddha like in the fiction section (on cold days) and the courtyard on nice days. I once wrote a prose poem about her that wasn't horrible.

but, yeah...that spot was like the wild west, as most libraries are.