Who has the Rodeo Swap Mixes on lock?

funkyexamplefunkyexample 915 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I am down to trade for a good amount of these. Preferably MP3's or CD's. I have heard a couple here and there but would love to hear some more. These are such folklore status with me.

Comments

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    rodium swap meet mixes you mean?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    "Ruthless jams cuttin all the way ...wit Eazy muthafukin E and Dr Dre..
    keepin the Rodium jumpin like New Years Eve...cold rockin 60 minutes wit our homeboy Steve"

I'm looking for the o.g rodium tape[/b] with "Killer Daytons" on it....I don't remember the title of the mix....

if anyone has this or the "Killer Daytons" 12" ....contact me ASAP !!

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    I got a couple. Dr. Dre- You Got Ganked is good, but not as good as the Roadium Megamix (not sure if there's an additional title or not). 1 side all old school Genius of Love and More Bounce steez, side 2 all electro jawns, starts with a Mr. Postman blend.

The Dre/Aladdin one is killin' it too.

I've also got a couple with no DJs listed, just Hip-Hop 86, Hip-Hop 88, etc. Those ones have some nice tracks, but the mixing leaves a bit to be desired.

If I can find the mp3s (ripped from cassette) I'm down to shoot 'em your way.

• rodium swap meet mixes you mean?

I thought it was rodeo cause of the street rodeo that goes through south El Aye

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts

I've also got a couple with no DJs listed, just Hip-Hop 86, Hip-Hop 88, etc. Those ones have some nice tracks, but the mixing leaves a bit to be desired.

my brother used to get those... I remember he had one with kill that noise and the bridge is over and when he told about those 2 songs I thought he was lying. (he used to lie a lot back then about anything just to get a reaction out of somebody) When I finally heard the tape i was like

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    Good Lookin' Out, WholeHouse!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The Roadium is off of Redondo Beach Blvd. and everytime I drive past it with someone in the car, inevitably, someone will note, "yeah, Dr. Dre used to sell tapes there." It's kind of funny - even my brother-in-law (NOT a rap head) will do this.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Whatever happened to that CD reissue project? Nothing (as far as I know) has come out after the initial 3.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

Does anyone have " DJ Quik : Red Mixtape " that was posted here as well as the link has now expired...

• Does anyone have " DJ Quik : Red Mixtape " that was posted here as well as the link has now expired...

These are pretty fucking dope. I can't believe i was sleeping on these.

I would love to have that DJ Quik tape too. anyone wanna upload that one?

• Does anyone have " DJ Quik : Red Mixtape " that was posted here as well as the link has now expired...

These are pretty fucking dope. I can't believe i was sleeping on these.

I would love to have that DJ Quik tape too. anyone wanna upload that one?

Thanks to phillip who originally posted this one???

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8U93XX3H