Sa-Ra Album: King Moist How Geeked are You?

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
this is the joint King Moist has all been waiting for....bound to go three plat? record breaking the album Thriller? let's get the hat started.

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I don't really like the name Sa-Ra. Kinda like Sun-Ra, but not. On the subject of Sun-Ra, doesn't RA mean Sun God, so wouldn't that make Sun-Ra kinda redundant?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I don't really like the name Sa-Ra. Kinda like Sun-Ra, but not. On the subject of Sun-Ra, doesn't RA mean Sun God, so wouldn't that make Sun-Ra kinda redundant?

um I don't really think Sun-Ra saw it that way....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Sa-Ra Domestic Partners?

I heard them dudes broke up like Siegfried and Roy...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

um I don't really think Sun-Ra saw it that way....

I'm just being an idiot and procrastinating.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    Sa-Ra Domestic Partners?

I heard them dudes broke up like Siegfried and Roy...

THAT'S COMEDY!

I cant front- i bought all the singles and i think they got something.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I cant front- i bought all the singles and i think they STRIKE>got/STRIKE> B>had/B> something.

I will check the album though. That track "So Special" is on there with the chick singing, right? That's a good song (albeit from 2004).

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    is it pronounced like the name Sarah?
    or Saw-Raw?

Sa-Ra Domestic Partners?

nice one.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    is it pronounced like the name Sarah?
    or Saw-Raw?

They teach you how to pronounce it on the intro to about 50% of thier tracks.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    do they big up the producer?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    just downloaded a sh*t called SA-RA The Hollywood Recordings, about to listen to this, brb

• gotta say, I was feeling their earlier joints: rosebuds, glorious, deep inside (w/ PPP)...

but i got the promo ep from their upcoming and it didn't seem as funky or well put together. I much prefer the new BILAL!!!!!!

Get_Out_of_My_Hair off of Love For Sale

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    fuck anyone that hates sa-ra.

with that being said, the 'new' album is just AiIiGhT.
    too many pointless cameos to draw people in.
    although 'white' and 'hey love' on cd...

• At the Berlin train station I had an hour to kill and decided to check out some mags. it was good to see them getting some type press over here as well.

With their music; I've heard so much by these dudes that I basically predict all their output as being hot fiyah or mediocre. I really can't say I've heard too much recent fire, but I'll probally still check the album out, I mean "Hollywood" was one of my favourite songs of last year ( CATCHY AS FUCK.)

What I am more blown away by is the legion of little dude copy cats that have emerged (mostly via the internet/myspace cd-r ville types) in the past 2 years.

Rootless, since you're not the vinyl buying type, I'll burn you a cd-r of a bunch of there 12''s; all of which have been hot fiyah.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    hot fiyah or mediocre.

this sums up the album track for track, pretty much

At the Berlin train station I had an hour to kill and decided to check out some mags. it was good to see them getting some type press over here as well.

Of course Germans are going to be feeling it--look how dudes dress:

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    At the Berlin train station I had an hour to kill and decided to check out some mags. it was good to see them getting some type press over here as well.

Of course Germans are going to be feeling it--look how dudes dress:

Yeah, they have a slight "Berlin Mitte" flavor. I will not hat on them though. But I will also not dress like them. The jeans/shirt/scarf combo from dude in the middle is disturbing. I would never sport my shirt inside the trouser. Where's my all over print hoodie?

Rootless, since you're not the vinyl buying type

seriously though I'm told these guys got that heat when it comes to handbags.

yo enjoy Europe fool! German train/subway system uber alles IMHO.

Rootless, since you're not the vinyl buying type

seriously though I'm told these guys got that heat when it comes to handbags.

Vinyl handbags aren't even that heat, son.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I'll see your pic and raise you the reason why the photo is cropped on the new album:
    IMG SRC=http://www.fatbeats.com/catalog/catalog_product_images/.products_image.l-BBG1056.jpeg>
    IMG SRC=http://a676.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/30/l_bf4b445076ec8ec71b1dc548fcab4be3.jpg>
    Oh goodness!

Naw but for real I heard it in it's entirety last night.
    Seems a little cobbled together but considering the amount of tracks they're sitting on they could jump from label to label doing that for a while.
    A few so-so new tracks amongst the older songs which I dug/already had.
    Talented blokes but I am not buying this album.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Dunno, I was not impressed at all by the new album.
    I think this is the kind of sound that will sound old in 2 weeks, nahmsayin?

• macacamacaca 278 Posts

no. cause ive head a bunch of these since 2004,
    and they still sound as fresh as the day i got them.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    not a sa-ra fan, thought glorious was ear grindingly bad. Count me in the minority.

I did like their rmx for NERD's "Maybe", that was very dope.

• What's the story with "Hollywood". I got the 12 inch and love the song, and the beat. Then i heard the unreleased Bilal album and He's doing "Hollywood" same track just with Bilal singing. The fact that Sa-Ra put out that single makes me doubt the Bilal album will ever be on the shelf of my local record store.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

no. cause ive head a bunch of these since 2004,
    and they still sound as fresh as the day i got them.

Plus, you know what? I don't remember hearing any samples, except MAYBE for the drums...

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    I coped. I'm glad I got this album...I dig it...From the sing songy hooks and lovers rocks to the CNN super gullly shit...Dudes seem like they got there own steez...It does seem like a collection of songs and not a very well put togather "Album" it rides more like a compalation....Shit bangs though I'm not gonna front on dudes...

• shomshom 31 Posts
    Shit is hot as hell. I've liked their joints for a minute. I'm a big JayDee fan and I'm feeling the influence. Thier in a similar vien, while having thier own style.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    I like that track they did for Fonzworth Bentley & Andre 3000.

• From the little I understand about Sa-Ra... it seems like 1. These dudes are an incredibly talented bunch (yeah, we know the track record speaks for itself) that may or may not have gotten into werid deals that locked them out of getting thier name out when it would have it hardest. 2 Record labels have really fucked these guys around looking for the "right single" from them for years [these dudes are NOT rookies....and having that kind of runaround has got to fuck with your head a bit, especially when you got a little plaque at the crib]. 3. Perhaps they might be at a point where they have been in the cut with majors for too long.

I really love Sa-Ra. I think they are some of the sickest dudes on a lot of levels. I think perhaps they just need to move and work on a non-LA centric thing... especially since everything they do gets bit before it actually sees the lght of day.

I dunno, maybe I am full of shit, but thats kinda how I see it.

• What's the story with "Hollywood". I got the 12 inch and love the song, and the beat. Then i heard the unreleased Bilal album and He's doing "Hollywood" same track just with Bilal singing. The fact that Sa-Ra put out that single makes me doubt the Bilal album will ever be on the shelf of my local record store.