Amy Winehouse just KILLING IT RIGHT NOW!!!

Comments

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    just to be more accurate, they didnt use Antares, but Melodyne. Which is must in case you have to rework such voice. Melodyne is one step above Auto-tune. Even tho' you can even couple them bitches...

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    i'm feeling girls music.

It's just gonna be a shame we're watching a chick who could very well be dead in five years if she really blows up.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

It's just gonna be a shame we're watching a chick who could very well be dead in five years if she really blows up.

Yeah, that coke/heroin habit is the ultimate in music career assassination. I can understand developing a coke habit if you're playing eight shows a week, but why heroin? I had a good friend get too deep with that while he was in a band. Never understood the relationship between horse and music.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Never understood the relationship between horse and music.

Boredom. It's the ultimate time-killer.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,916 Posts

Yeah ... having the name "Winehouse" isn't exactly doing her any favors in that regard.

I've taken to calling her "Amy Alehouse".

people need to stop talking about her drinking--as if that has anything to do with her inability to sing. she has no vocal or musical talent. end of story. wait, one more thing...and she looks like some broken panty barfly hag. puke.

Having seen her perform live, I can testify that she can sing. Whether or not you like her singing is an issue of taste, I guess, but I've heard more than enough people who flat out cannot sing a lick to know the difference between that and someone whose style is a little, shall we say, idiosyncractic (if you've never heard Erykah Badu, that is).

• firstly, is that a real before and after pic, is that her on the left or some random carckhead?

secondly, this is the first time i have actually heard her music and i honestly don;t get the attraction: songs are palatable but forgettable, voice is only ok, and banal lyrics. it seems her persoanl life and so on is more intriguing than her music.

the uk press laps this shit up. having a drug habit and behaving badly is helping to keep her in business and i would imagine her publicists are encouraging this sort of stuff.

can sade please maker another comeback and remind us all what about what real good, modern soul singing/songwrtinging are all about again, not to mention out of control soul diva behaviour.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

/////////////STICK GIRL//////////////////////////////////////THICK GURRL

I actually like both her albums a lot, but that is the single worst performance evar. I was looking around youtube for the Fiona Apple one on SNL where she was completely faded, but no luck. [color:white] [/color]

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,916 Posts
    firstly, is that a real before and after pic, is that her on the left or some random carckhead?

secondly, this is the first time i have actually heard her music and i honestly don;t get the attraction: songs are palatable but forgettable, voice is only ok, and banal lyrics. it seems her persoanl life and so on is more intriguing than her music.

the uk press laps this shit up. having a drug habit and behaving badly is helping to keep her in business and i would imagine her publicists are encouraging this sort of stuff.

can sade please maker another comeback and remind us all what about what real good, modern soul singing/songwrtinging are all about again, not to mention out of control soul diva behaviour.

Picture on the left is the "after", and yes, it's legit. The one on the right is three or four years old.

I have to agree with you up to a point about the way the press has responded to her in the wake of her "troubled" personal life, but I still think that much of the good press she's getting is because she's made a good record. People forget that she's not long out of her teens and, when you look at her de facto contemporaries on either side of the Atlantic, she's got more going for her than most of them. YMMV.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

There is nothing new about pop stars who aren't the best singers.

There is nothing new about artists that are drunks and/or drug addicts.

She is not the best singer or the worst singer, but she has a couple of cool, if not gimicky songs. I have the LP and I will play a couple of her songs out at certain gigs where I get payed to play this stuff, but I won't really be listening to this at home. But that's pretty much the same with a lot of current music, the only exception being that she sounds different from the other top 40 acts right now which is pretty cool.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

where did her boobs go?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,897 Posts

She is not the best singer or the worst singer, but she has a couple of cool, if not gimicky songs. I have the LP and I will play a couple of her songs out at certain gigs where I get payed to play this stuff, but I won't really be listening to this at home. But that's pretty much the same with a lot of current music, the only exception being that she sounds different from the other top 40 acts right now which is pretty cool.

From what I've read, she also has a genuine affection for "Good" music, which is pretty cool amongst the other top 40 acts right now. Loved her take on "Mr. Magic" from the first album. However, I unfortunately mentally equate her new stuff with PJ Harvey (the physical resemblence must prompt it) which is not helping me hold any desire to listen to it.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    i just discovered her
    i like

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    the only good thing about this beech is her band, and they arent even THAT good.

edit: I scratched out what I said about the drummer.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

My words exactly. It's very effective becky-fodder, but I've ODed on her stuff due to my girlfriend playing both albums a lotlot.

And I just can't see the blap appeal. Big no thank you to the busted hipster chick look.

• winehouse is official trash. Im talking endorsed by oscar the grouch type shit. She is a hipster harlot whose horribly trite jazz affectations are transparent to anybody with realness in their heart. A whole bunch of you fellas have revealed yourselves to be dubious, very dubious.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    winehouse is official trash. Im talking endorsed by oscar the grouch type shit. She is a hipster harlot whose horribly trite jazz affectations are transparent to anybody with realness in their heart. A whole bunch of you fellas have revealed yourselves to be dubious, very dubious.

Holy shit, a MUSIC-RELATED Dolo Yeung post? What is the world coming to?

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    I will never hate on her....I do like some of her music. Although I will say I was much more hyped on her before I saw her live.

1) I was more excited to see the Dapkings back her up

2) She wasn't drunk during the performance, but it was almost like she was "trying" to be. Like she had created this performance of "drunk chick" and she was playing into it. Whenever she would take a drink the crowd would cheer & shit. It was odd.

3) Honestly, it felt like a watered-down SharonJones show for mainstream audiences. After seeing what a dapkings show COULD be, her show was nothing special.

Its a shame really...but whatever....hopfully they are working on some amazing new stuff.

-pj

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    You guys are some hatteurs.
    I don't know about you, but I would much rather hear her on the radio than Akon.
    She has talent and whoever said her band was wack knows not what they speak.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    a lot of these supposed music nerds feel they were behind the times. They didn't hear about her until the second album and the rush of critical acclaim.

Hence to defend their musical snobbery, instead of admitting they slept, they trash it.

she is certainly not the next coming, but she is not wack either.

pj nailed it with her show, I was slightly dissapointed. It was enjoyable but a bit lacking considering the potential w/ the dap kings.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    She is the best out of the top 40-50-60-70 or most mainstream in my opinion. Its goood that theres som soal in the mainstream and its good that the mainstream audience can enjoy some fonkay braeks. Do I enjoy some of her songs? Yes, but mostly because of the band though I d enjoy her voice moar then the majority of mainstream artists out there. But would I purchase or own her album? Id buy her 12-inch, but only if it was less then 10$.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    winehouse is official trash. Im talking endorsed by oscar the grouch type shit. She is a hipster harlot whose horribly trite jazz affectations are transparent to anybody with realness in their heart. A whole bunch of you fellas have revealed yourselves to be dubious, very dubious.

Wow, my agreeing with Dolo, makes me feel kinda dirty.

However, I am interested to here Mark's response to the board putting his music on blast. Cause, it's also looking like the only chance I'll get to hear the Dapkings play in my state.

- spidey

• I don't know about you, but I would much rather hear her on the radio than Akon.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I don't know about you, but I would much rather hear her on the radio than Akon.

so be it.

• threetwosixthreetwosix 270 Posts
    They had banks of portapotties vinyl-wrapped with Winehouse and her album in Central Park today. It was amazing.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    A whole bunch of you fellas have revealed yourselves to be dubious, very dubious.

Dog, they've been dubious, very dubious.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Holy shit, a MUSIC-RELATED Dolo Yeung post? What is the world coming to?

Next thing you know he'll post a pic of him, his 3,000 raers, and his hot 25 year old wife loading his $2,000 mattress into his Helicopter!!!.

The End Is Near!!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Charlotte church is lookin kinda thick...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts

sayin. this is music for people that aren't into music. it'll be like the "crazy" shit peoples moms listen to after three glasses of wine.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    You guys are some hatteurs.
    She has talent and whoever said her band was wack knows not what they speak.

Yeah, Amy Winehouse's band is top quality. And Amy versus Akon is no contest - she's got attitude and taste, whether she delivers the song to your satisfaction or not. Akon, on the other hand, deserves to be lonely for the rest of his talentless life.