Amy Winehouse just KILLING IT RIGHT NOW!!!

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Still like Amy. Her cover of "Valerie" for Mark Ronson's new album is in constant rotation.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Im not hatting just suprised about how badly she sings some times and yet the hype machine rolls on. Her track on ronsons album is heat though, and you can't fuck with the ghostface remix.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

"Amy drunk house ruined this legendary track by the king of pop Michael Jackson, she should be ashamed of herself"

"Amy is just amazing, the northern soul of today!,i love she!"

I will hatt on this garbage all day.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    It's amazing she hasn't realized she could wind up being just "that drunk chick" before shit really gets poppin. Her shows are selling well on this little US run she's doing now (though they're only in major cities).

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    It's amazing she hasn't realized she could wind up being just "that drunk chick" before shit really gets poppin.

Yeah ... having the name "Winehouse" isn't exactly doing her any favors in that regard.

In general, I like the album more than I thought I would (mostly the Ronson tracks with Dap-King presence) but I have a very hard time liking her. She's not exactly a charismatic performer from what I've seen ... more like a woman with half a voice who has been thrown into the limelight before she was ready. Trainwreck imminent. They should just throw her on the SNL cast ... SNL writers know how to work with a good drunk.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

"Amy drunk house ruined this legendary track by the king of pop Michael Jackson, she should be ashamed of herself"

"Amy is just amazing, the northern soul of today!,i love she!"

I will hatt on this garbage all day.

True that.

Proper norvern this ain't.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Now if only she'd go to a dentist, that would top off this nice package...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    You do know that the after picture is on the left.

I'm at work, so I couldn't examine them sexy pics TOO closely, but now I know. (Besides, I kinda dug it both ways.)

However, if she'd showed her teeth in either of those pics I would have caught on sooner, as lately she's been looking like the poster girl for dental decay.

• That first YT is ill. Performing on network TV totally wrecked is some rockstar shit. The second clip is just embarrasing. I'd think she was sraight garbage if I hadn't heard the album first.

These clips are making me go back to the album, and notice that she is hides alot of undersinging with ornimentation. However, I still appreciate her singing style. It seems like she takes cues from older singers like Shirley Bassey and Roberta Flack rather than most new female pop singers, which sound like poor Mariah Carey imitations. It's refreshing to hear a different style. She also writes some catchy songs.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I'm at work, so I couldn't examine them sexy pics TOO closely, but now I know. (Besides, I kinda dug it both ways.)

Yeah, you might want to give that pic on the left a closer look.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    As the person who posted this, I'm not mad at Amy at all. I just thought it was funny. She's got some great songs and as someone who's seen her perform live (stripped down set with just her and an accompanying acoustic guitar) she can sing her.

But I took this as more of a "fuck you, I can do what I want" kind of approach.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I am not into it dude. That is a strong ass jaw.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    It's amazing she hasn't realized she could wind up being just "that drunk chick" before shit really gets poppin. Her shows are selling well on this little US run she's doing now (though they're only in major cities).

When she starts playing taverns in Umatilla, Oregon and Wapato, Washington, I'll be there.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I haven't heard the album, but everything I've seen here and elsewhere has been pretty terrible. Can anyone give me a good reason to bump it to the front of the line ahead of a bunch of albums I've recently picked up but haven't heard yet?

And I know about the Dap Kings getting chopped by Mark Ronson bit, and that's not quite enough to make the sale.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    As the person who posted this, I'm not mad at Amy at all. I just thought it was funny. She's got some great songs and as someone who's seen her perform live (stripped down set with just her and an accompanying acoustic guitar) she can sing her.

But I took this as more of a "fuck you, I can do what I want" kind of approach.

She does seem to have developed a rep for being somewhat out of control recently, and not entirely without reason either. Oddly enough, her newly-acquired status as tabloid/celebrity mag fodder here in the UK doesn't seem to have done her any harm at all. When she first came out a few years back, she was largely dismissed as a neo-soul/smooth jazz wannabe with a tendency to shoot off at the mouth a little too much. This new record has had glowing reviews across the board, has been a certified smash, and has led to her being proclaimed as the antidote to the kind of factory-farmed female pop-stars and sub-Joni singer-songwriters that seem to predominate at the moment. Personally, I like her, but she might want to take it easy with the drink.

I kinda prefered her when she was gettin' down like this, though.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yeah, for one in that vid she doesnt have those ugly ass tattoos.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Yeah ... having the name "Winehouse" isn't exactly doing her any favors in that regard.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

I've taken to calling her "Amy Alehouse".

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Schitt made me mad nervous while watching it. I had to watch it again and again. Made my day for sure!

Coz- I can see where you are coming from with the "don't give no fuh". But, that was pretty bad! Haha!

So is she now falling for the celebrity trap Nichole Richie styleee with a drug habit and quick loss of weight? She looked far better with curves.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I don't know about that singin' style, everyone has been trying to get me on for a minute.

If an artist is incapable of performing live, Is it safe to assume they had a lot of
    "help" in the studio??

Either way.... drunk or not, that girl needs to lay of the:

I really hope this doesn't become the new trend in make up regimens.
    Horrible, looks like she puts it on with her feet.

Without makeup she kind of reminds me of Sara Silverman.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Either way.... drunk or not, that girl needs to lay of the:

Its not helping her at all.....

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    whatevs hatters!
    i'm feeling girls music. personally i think its the best thing on the top 40 right now. so fuck it.
    heres a live song. the whole show is pretty fuckin tight, and nothing like that charlotte church schitt.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    this bitch makes that indian cutesy fucker look like maria callas.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

she was drunk, she is very good live if she's off the sauce. Although it's a gamble you take w/ seeing her live, you never know which amy will turn up.

I've taken to calling her "Amy Alehouse".

people need to stop talking about her drinking--as if that has anything to do with her inability to sing. she has no vocal or musical talent. end of story. wait, one more thing...and she looks like some broken panty barfly hag. puke.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

people need to stop talking about her drinking--as if that has anything to do with her inability to sing. she has no vocal or musical talent. end of story. wait, one more thing...and she looks like some broken panty barfly hag. puke.

She's ok on a record but it's clear that she isn't a real performer. As for her live performances being decent, much of the credit has to go to the Dap Kings (who, by the way, sound much much better with Sharon Jones).

And, yes, Ms. Winehouse resembles a sickly horse (but with more eye makeup).

She's ok on a record but it's clear that she isn't a real performer. As for her live performances being decent, much of the credit has to go to the Dap Kings (who, by the way, sound much much better with Sharon Jones).

And, yes, Ms. Winehouse resembles a sickly horse (but with more eye makeup).

i started to make a list of people who have sounded good to excellent while tore the fuck up, but that would be too long.

i'm listening to if i could only remember my name right now and i'm pretty sure every single person on that record was shitfaced at the time.

carry on.