NEW MISSY VIDEO

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
some interesting shit. musically and visually. i guess its club friendly but i can picture a bunch of dudes in clown paint rocking to this one. plus there's a time shift right in the middle of the song which i always think is a gutsy move. anyways, looks like they did some chemical processing to super8 film stock in some of the shots. which i kind of geek out over.

Comments

• which song?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i didnt catch the name. but that dude ciara is in it too, and he's fucking HOT!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    music makes you lose control

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    She does those shifts in her videos to get double the publishing.

She does those shifts in her videos to get double the publishing.

plaese to translate for us "industry outsiders"

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    plus she's wearing daisy dukes[/b] which i always think is a gutsy move.

I like that song a lot...Ciara looks like she's trying too hard when she dances in the video.

plus she's wearing daisy dukes[/b] which i always think is a gutsy move.

yes. gutsy for missy. but she got all that fat sucked out so it all worked out in the end, no?

I like that song a lot...Ciara looks like she's trying too hard when she dances in the video.

yeah, she needs to have taller, more muscular dancers standing around her too. she kinda looks like the "advanced" 6th grader in the year end dance program. standing next to all the short boys and shit.

yeah, she needs to have taller, more muscular dancers standing around her too. she kinda looks like the "advanced" 6th grader in the year end dance program. standing next to all the short boys and shit.

That's a really good point; she wouldn't look bad amongst some drag queens, either.

she wouldn't look bad amongst some drag queens, either.

and steal her thunder? me not think so.

Yeah, I guess that would be too Madonna-esque, huh?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Yeah, I guess that would be too Madonna-esque, huh?

Y'all need to leave my girl Ciara alone.

A total aside, my wife and I had an argument(not really, more like a discussion) about wether Angelina Jolie was ugly. I said there are plenty of ugly actresses(Cameron Diaz, that super ugly, puffy-faced Rene Zellewger, Nicole kidman half the time) but that Angelina Jolie was not emperically ugly. As a matter of fact, I continued, she's built, emperically-speaking. She countered with the fact that she has no ass, and I disagreed, but then recanted as I couldn't remember if she had ass or not. Lips, yes, but ass....can't recall.

Anyone else have these arguments? And can anyone(Shig) attest to Angelina having any ass?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    can anyone attest to Angelina having any ass?

flat as(s) a pancake[/b]

flat as(s) a pancake[/b]
    [img]

damn. wrong again.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

flat as(s) a pancake[/b]
    img src="

damn. wrong again.

Not so fast:

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/pandorasshadowyglen/images/Angelina_s_ass_in_premire.JPG" alt="" />

flat as(s) a pancake[/b]
    img src="

damn. wrong again.

I stand by my 'totally NOT ugly' judgement, but I have to rethink my 'built' assessment. Thanks for your help, SoI, but I still see some bony angle even in that much better shot. But it could be just the shadow line.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yeah, that picture is definitely designed to highlight what she does have, and can be misleading...but AJ is super-dope, and people who say she is not just confuse me. She does have that issue a lot of women with great legs have, the longer legs make for less cushion on top. Doesn't make her "un-fine" though!

Jesus, what is this place doing to me? Am I really writing critical assessments of Angelina Jolie's ass??

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Am I really writing critical assessments of Angelina Jolie's ass??

YES!

• i dont think they BIT THE BLOWED... buuut i do think that the new Missy video did bite bay-area dance crew Demons of the Mind. unless someone can confirm that they were actually involved in the choreography, or that this style was popularized in the bay for a short time or somethin. i remember seeing footage of one of the first bboy summits where they showcased. that shit blew my mind. and whether you have or havent heard of them, check this clip out and decide for yourself.

• and heres the missy video for those who han't seen'd it

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    That video has been out for a minute. It is hella dope, though. Missy is one of the greats as far as I'm concerned. She's funny, got a good voice, can rock the mic, and has a good vibe. I'm listening to this is not a test[/b] right now.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    that ish is insane

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Also known as Cybertron 'Clear' (v2.005)

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    there are plenty of ugly actresses(Cameron Diaz, that super ugly, puffy-faced Rene Zellewger, Nicole kidman half the time) but that Angelina Jolie was not emperically ugly.
    why do the general public think these chicks (minus Jolie) are fly?? I saw a pic of Renee Zelleweger and I almost threw-up.

there are plenty of ugly actresses(Cameron Diaz, that super ugly, puffy-faced Rene Zellewger, Nicole kidman half the time) but that Angelina Jolie was not emperically ugly.
    why do the general public think these chicks (minus Jolie) are fly?? I saw a pic of Renee Zelleweger and I almost threw-up.

make up, lighting and publicists.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    i dont think they BIT THE BLOWED... buuut i do think that the new Missy video did bite bay-area dance crew Demons of the Mind. unless someone can confirm that they were actually involved in the choreography, or that this style was popularized in the bay for a short time or somethin. i remember seeing footage of one of the first bboy summits where they showcased. that shit blew my mind. and whether you have or havent heard of them, check this clip out and decide for yourself.

Demons Of The Mind?

Never heard of them.

Housing Authority. Now that's the Bay shit.

Your boy Flii been choreographing for Ursher, TLC, etc for mad years so the Bay is all up in that side of the industry...

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

Big UP PEK! saw the video last night and had to break out the Cybertron "12.
    It seems Missy and Ciara camp are just gonna ride the electro bites for a while

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

I like Missy E, but fucking around with Cybotron you gots to come with summin better than this. It's hard to mess with perfection, and I gotta say that "Clear" makes this track look pale and anaemic. Missy is getting a bit monotone on the lyrics as well. But it inspired me to put the original back on as well, so I guess that's a good thing if other people do the same.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

I like Missy E, but fucking around with Cybotron you gots to come with summin better than this. It's hard to mess with perfection, and I gotta say that "Clear" makes this track look pale and anaemic. Missy is getting a bit monotone on the lyrics as well. But it inspired me to put the original back on as well, so I guess that's a good thing if other people do the same.

Yeah it's kinda dope when something like this happens because your can play the original out and get a better response. Not to be on some elitest DJ snoberry but I swear when Missy's"work it" song came out few years back ... I played "Peter Piper" and a chick thought RUN DMC was bitting Missy..but hey now she knows about "Peter Piper" which is a very good thing.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Are you serious, this is fucking dope. Who would you rather have used Cybotron missy or fucking Edan or some shit...

So do all rappers ruin the tracks they sample? Or just missy?