Surprising Significant Other LP "Likes"???

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Hey,I broke out "Games, Dames, and Guitar Thangs" by Eddie Hazel yesterday afternoon, gettin' my jam on. After the LP was finished, T**i asks" Who was that?" I said "Eddie Hazel," and she replied, "I really liked that." What??? T**i is mad picky about music, so I really didn't expect her to like the fuzzed-out sickness of "GDGT." Has this happened before to any of you guys? Hmmmmmmmm...Peace,Big Stacks from KakalakP.S. I was feelin' "Spinning Wheel" by Howard Roberts too (surprisingly, I've had it for years, but never listened to it from cover-to-cover before).

Comments

• my girlfriend is very picky (in a bad way). but she immediately liked the stringtronics on peer. and it took me about half a year to get really familiar with it...

• P.S. I was feelin' "Spinning Wheel" by Howard Roberts too (surprisingly, I've had it for years, but never listened to it from cover-to-cover before).

Whatup Big Stacks! I just picked up 'Spinning Wheel' not long ago. Very cool LP. As for the thread topic, A*n dug some Dennis Coffey I was playing - and that caught me a bit off guard.

I've been after that Eddie Hazel for a while...just missed one not long ago.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Hank,

It's nice to see your face in the place. I've yet to totally figure out T**i's taste, and I've been with her almost 11 years (married almost of 8 years). She never ceases to amaze (and surprise) me.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    My girl is all over the shop, but she's caught the Latin bug of late. Pucho, Cymande and Azymuth are all getting bashed.

Then she'll put on Paul Simons and then Alice Cooper. Women really are mysterious.

• My S.O. has an old soul. She's in her early 20s but likes 70s-80s soul/disco.

She's not too fam with Hiphop so I'm schooling her.

Amazingly, right now, she's really into Harlem Spanish Orchestra, Joe Bataan, Black Sugar and that comp CD Panama!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    anything by Captain Beefheart and Slade...every other girlfriend I have had has HATED these two artists with a passion...but my girl really likes the Cap'n and the Slade...a keeper!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    anything by Captain Beefheart and Slade...every other girlfriend I have had has HATED these two artists with a passion...but my girl really likes the Cap'n and the Slade...a keeper!

Really, T**i can fuck with da' Captain (though I've tried to school her). Oh well, I still love her. She put me up on Clannad, and she likes Swing Out Sister like me (OK, let the clownin' begin!!!).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts

P.S. Games, Dames & Guitar Thangs is in my top 5 of all time.