How not to ship records (NViolenceR)

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
So, I've picked up a few random lots of 45s lately, and have been quite pleased with a few. I just got one the other day, however, where the seller had taken the 100 or so 45s - without sleeves - and tossed them in an enormous box and just dropped them in the mail. So my 100 45s are just banging around in that box all the way from Illinois.Who in their right mind would do that? I mean, it's not quite as bad as the used pizza box in some ways, but in others it's worse, since they were just in there scratching and banging away for days.Incredibly, they weren't in such bad condition when I got them. Old 45s - man, they just hold up better than the new ones, I think.

Comments

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i question just how enormous this box was and the fact that old 45s hold up better then new ones. i'm taking my eddie simpson 45 and the latest memphix 45 to the roof right now with my beverage of choice and my dog to do a test.

i'll let you know how it goes.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    temporarily postponed due to rain and high gusts of wind in san diego. also this tree out my back window is making me nervous. it leans sideways on occasion.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    i question just how enormous this box was and the fact that old 45s hold up better then new ones. i'm taking my eddie simpson 45 and the latest memphix 45 to the roof right now with my beverage of choice and my dog to do a test.

Yes. Report back. But I don't know if it will work with just two 45s. You may need to use them all. Just toss them all off the roof. And what was you address again? I'd like to witness this test from street level. I'll bring my dog and a big burlap sack.

temporarily postponed due to rain and high gusts of wind in san diego. also this tree out my back window is making me nervous. it leans sideways on occasion.

Trees are pussies, man. No need to be afraid. Just open your window and start talking shit to it. I guarantee it won't do a damn thing.

Trees. They ain't really 'bout it.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    last time i talked shit to mother nature, i had 3 sea gulls shit all over the roof of the audi. not again.

Well, seagulls are a different matter. They're like rats, and should be treated as such. By which I mean you should wrap them up and mail them to eBay sellers who mistreat your records. And put a condom in there, just to make sure the point gets across.

• EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts

Yes. Report back. But I don't know if it will work with just two 45s. You may need to use them all. Just toss them all off the roof. And what was you address again? I'd like to witness this test from street level. I'll bring my dog and a big burlap sack.

Shit's pretty dreary out here in San Diego. Only lived here a couple weeks and only seen the sun a couple times.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    yeah. it's just the weird weather month for san diego. this time of the year gets like this, but for the rest of the year it'll be stuck in ground hogs day weather wise.

• EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
    yeah. it's just the weird weather month for san diego. this time of the year gets like this, but for the rest of the year it'll be stuck in ground hogs day weather wise.

Yea..I remember it being hot as Phoenix when I was out here last month, now i'm freezing my ass off.