NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    so, do you guys think the cavs will make the finals? if they do i'm rooting for them all the way. fuck a spur.

If the Cavs make it to the finals, they will get swept.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    so, do you guys think the cavs will make the finals? if they do i'm rooting for them all the way. fuck a spur.

damn

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    for anyone who caught the tnt after-show, i thought it was a bad look for barkley and kj to spend the first 20 minutes blaming the pistons for playing poor defense. get serious.

The Pistons did play poor defense. The lane was wide open on those drives. In fact, on one of the dunks, Tay scooted away from contact with LeBron. Get serious.

lebron is a beast. if he is charging to the hoop going full speed, you better get your ass out of the way. its one thing to play help defense, its another to risk being hospitalized.....or posterized.

sheed knows what time it is....

• so, do you guys think the cavs will make the finals? if they do i'm rooting for them all the way. fuck a spur.

Disagree. They've had success against the Spurs in the past (2-0 this season). No way they get swept and I bet they win at least two.

Detroit isn't the same team as in the past. The loss of Wallace was huge.

• I'm not gonna count out the Lebrons just yet though

please be serious.

for anyone who caught the tnt after-show, i thought it was a bad look for barkley and kj to spend the first 20 minutes blaming the pistons for playing poor defense. get serious.

The Pistons did play poor defense. The lane was wide open on those drives. In fact, on one of the dunks, Tay scooted away from contact with LeBron. Get serious.

lebron is a beast. if he is charging to the hoop going full speed, you better get your ass out of the way. its one thing to play help defense, its another to risk being hospitalized.....or posterized.

I'm not saying that I think he can be stopped. But, the Pistons were not contesting those drives to the hoop from the 4th and 8 minutes on...

Disagree. They've had success against the Spurs in the past (2-0 this season). No way they get swept and I bet they win at least two.

Detroit isn't the same team as in the past. The loss of Wallace was huge.

Do you really think the Spurs are playing at the same level they were during the regular season? Because I don't think so. That's a part of their strategy.

I agree that defensive skills of Ben Wallace would have helped guard LeBron last night. I'm sure he was squirming in his Lay-Z-Boy, wishing that he was still repping red, white, and blue.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    That was a good game last night, but "ALL TIME" performances? The NBA is such a damn hype machine and dudes fall for it. Comparing that shit to Jordan's 63 against Boston is ridiculous. Why do they have to force this down our throats. Im not hattin, im wearin my LeBron's today.But ill be damned if that was like Reggie's 25 points in the fourth quarter against the Knicks.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

I'm not saying that I think he can be stopped. But, the Pistons were not contesting those drives to the hoop from the 4th and 8 minutes on...

I agree they weren't contesting, but it's because he was beating them to the damn rim. I mean, it was absolutely remarkable! Dude was dunking before anyone even realized what was going on. I don't know what game y'all were watching, but Lebron was routinely beating 2, 3, and 4 guys to the basket. Anytime they doubled him outside the three point line, he easily maneuevered around them and either dunked it, or hit an insane shot.

The Pistons did not lose this game because of bad defense. Lebron WON this game and it was one of the most staggering things I've seen in years.

29 of their last 30 points.

29 OF THEIR LAST 30 POINTS!!

You think the Pistons didn't realize what was going on? You think they weren't trying their golldarndest to stop this dude?

Insane performance.

-e

• That was a good game last night, but "ALL TIME" performances? The NBA is such a damn hype machine and dudes fall for it. Comparing that shit to Jordan's 63 against Boston is ridiculous. Why do they have to force this down our throats. Im not hattin, im wearin my LeBron's today.But ill be damned if that was like Reggie's 25 points in the fourth quarter against the Knicks.

This is crazy talk.

63 = First round (did Bulls even win the series? the game?)

48 = swing game of EC Finals. That's a huge stage.

Take yr medicine haters and recognize the real. Shit was the future last night.

Drewn there is no doubt Spurs did some rope-a-dope in the reg. season but the Cavs were right there w/ the Spurs for best record in the second half.

That was a good game last night, but "ALL TIME" performances? The NBA is such a damn hype machine and dudes fall for it. Comparing that shit to Jordan's 63 against Boston is ridiculous. Why do they have to force this down our throats. Im not hattin, im wearin my LeBron's today.But ill be damned if that was like Reggie's 25 points in the fourth quarter against the Knicks.

This is crazy talk.

It took double overtime. Ur bamboozled.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Good thing I don't watch SportsCenter regularly now. Good for catching Yankees/Red Sox baseball highlights but that's about it.

Lebron WON this game and it was one of the most staggering things I've seen in years.

You dont watch much basketball.

Drewn there is no doubt Spurs did some rope-a-dope in the reg. season but the Cavs were right there w/ the Spurs for best record in the second half.

I'm looking at the all-around team game that the Spurs have been executing during the playoffs and the way they demoralized Utah in that close-out match, and I don't see a young, Eastern Conference Finals cherry-popped squad with one superstar (granted) and the rest just servicable players, beating them on any given post season night. I just don't see it.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

For sure. Straight dismantled.
    One player cannot take on an entire working team.

• That was a good game last night, but "ALL TIME" performances? The NBA is such a damn hype machine and dudes fall for it. Comparing that shit to Jordan's 63 against Boston is ridiculous. Why do they have to force this down our throats. Im not hattin, im wearin my LeBron's today.But ill be damned if that was like Reggie's 25 points in the fourth quarter against the Knicks.

This is crazy talk.

Fuck outta here. Y're tryna bring up some shit for yr favorite player from a decade ago. Biased much?

from the 4th quarter on, it was the best performance i've seen, considering what was at stake, the fact that the cavs were on the road, and how much better the pistons are player-for-player.

jordan dropped 63 but the bulls lost.

reggie was on fire, but that's all he did, shoot j's. lebron got steals, boards, assists, took the ball to the rim, shot 3s, off balanced jumpers, hit free throws....and did that shit all by himself.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Lebron WON this game and it was one of the most staggering things I've seen in years.

You dont watch much basketball.

You often see a player score 97% of a team's points in the last 12-15 minutes of the game, going basket-to-basket with the best team in the conference and coming out on top?

If you don't recognize the utter brilliance of that performance, it doesn't matter how much basketball you may watch, you simply know nothing about it.

Or you're just ass hurt.

Or both.

-e

jordan's 63 was in double overtime...and they lost.

• Drewn there is no doubt Spurs did some rope-a-dope in the reg. season but the Cavs were right there w/ the Spurs for best record in the second half.

I'm looking at the all-around team game that the Spurs have been executing during the playoffs and the way they demoralized Utah in that close-out match, and I don't see a young, Eastern Conference Finals cherry-popped squad with one superstar (granted) and the rest just servicable players, beating them on any given post season night. I just don't see it.

You gotta look past the court.

After the Pistons lose on Saturday, you will have David Stern's Love Child against Stern's New Love Child. Get ready for D. Wade coronation round 2 on some officiating steez. Watch it. It can happen.

DCarfagna, there should be a Finals game to be watched on Tuesday June 12. It just got interesting.

This is crazy talk.

Fuck outta here. Y're tryna bring up some shit for yr favorite player from a decade ago. Biased much?

ALL TIME? U agree w/ this? ALL TIME? Just say u agree w/ this and ill be quiet. YES or NO?

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

For sure. Straight dismantled.
    One player cannot take on an entire working team.

Do we not consider the Pistons "an entire working team"?

I don't think the Cavs will win the 'ship this year either, but I don't necessarily see them being "dismantled"...

...if they even get to the Finals.

-e

• All-Time PLAYOFF performance?

Absolutely.

It's not even about the total points. It was about sheer dominance and force of individual will that was on display during crunchtime of a huge series that has been intensely contested.

Batmon, did you watch? Cos you kinda sound like someone who didnt' is alls I'm sayin.

Let's hear Rockadelic's take. Dude has probably seen more basketball in his life than anyone else in this thread. What sayeth thou, Mr. H?

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

Do we not consider the Pistons "an entire working team"?

I don't think the Cavs will win the 'ship this year either, but I don't necessarily see them being "dismantled"...

I'm not a Spurs fan at all, but I can't see either the Pistons or the Cavs getting near them in the Finals.
    The Pistons machine does not function nearly as well as the Spurs, and they're getting pretty ruffled by a one-man team.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Let's hear Rockadelic's take. Dude has probably seen more basketball in his life than anyone else in this thread. What sayeth thou, Mr. H?

I've never been a big Lebron fan.....always thought the hype surpassed the performance level.

That being said.....

That shit last night was special.....yes, one of the best performances I've ever seen.........ever.

Mostly because the Cav's SUCK......no one else on that team deserves to even be in the playoffs!!

And scoring 29 of the last 30, when EVERYONE IN THE ARENA knew that lebron was gonna shoot was some next level shit.

As of last night I think he finally reached the level of his hype, and while I'd love to just revel in the greatness of some old school dudes, I have to give Lebron his props.

Last night I saw greatness.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

You sound like someone who hasn't been watching the Spurs play.

• I don't think the Cavs will win the 'ship this year either, but I don't necessarily see them being "dismantled"...

Maybe so but at least I'll be interested in watching the Finals if the Cavs make it. They'll win at least two. Mark it.

• Who on the Spurs is gonna guard Big Z?

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

Maybe so but at least I'll be interested in watching the Finals if the Cavs make it. They'll win at least two. Mark it.

I'd love to see it for sure. But that's a bold prediction... Spurs v. Cavs will be over in 5, Spurs v. Detroit will go to 6.

Who on the Spurs is gonna guard Big Z?

Why do you even bother asking a question like that?