NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Pistons kinda underestimated him. If he were the current #1 playa in the world, they woulda had two guys on him when he catched the ball at all times. Detroit is still the better team though. Maybe they'll make "adjustments", we'll just have to see.

That said, the Cavs (Lebron) is being the aggressor. And the aggressor usually wins. Dude is even playing D! If he develops a low post game, he will be near impossible to stop without fouling.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    i mean, y'all have to have something to say

legendary?

really

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

legendary!

really

right right.

just sayin. amare cocks one back on someone's head and we get 5 mylqqtency posts. kobe hits a tough three and yuichi is droppping knowledge in no less than 4 posts.

this deserves its own internet. let alone its own thread.

i mean, y'all have to have something to say

legendary?

really

I'm gonna be real for a second. That's what I do, put shit into perspective.
    If KB24 had single coverage for a good portion of the game, he could dominate any game, any day. Yaomingy?

right right.

just sayin. amare cocks one back on someone's head and we get 5 mylqqtency posts. kobe hits a tough three and yuichi is droppping knowledge in no less than 4 posts.

hahahahahaha. TRUTH.

But to say "Legendary", "One of the greatest performances in NBA History". Easy there. This is one game. He has a lot more to prove.

I did enjoy that game though. Hate to be Drew, the D kinda killed themselves there.

• This is the best post in all of the NBA threads this year. Well done drewn.

What can you say? That was amazing. Insane. It's a no-brainer top playoff performance of all time (as in "one of the"). Not only that, it could be the first ripple in a seismic shift in the NBA landscape. Hard to believe some of the shit that was written about the kid. His physical gifts...and make no mistake he is truly blessed with a freakish combo of size, speed and explosiveness.....could make him even more dangerous than Jordan/Kobe. Just sayin. The mind boggles when you see shit like what just went down.

I wonder how many of those dunks and forays to the hoop there don't go down if Ben Wallace still protected the paint in Detroit. Again, just sayin.

Guaranteed close-out for the Cavs? Not by a long shot but I think they win the series now.

If KB24 had single coverage for a good portion of the game, he could dominate any game, any day. Yaomingy?

well, obviously lebron can dominate when two and three dudes are rushing at him.

dudes on tnt can say what they want, but detroit was keying in on lebron, without doubt.

kobe's a great player, no doubt, but ease back a moment.

• wow, that was fucked up.

can we please just foul 'bron instead of letting him dunk every other shot. put in dale davis or maxiell to make him hit free throws instead of letting him have uncontested dunks! the other shots that he was making tonight...can't do anything about those, he's too good. also, sheed needs to step up. props to cwebb though.

hahahahahaha. TRUTH.

But to say "Legendary", "One of the greatest performances in NBA History". Easy there. This is one game. He has a lot more to prove.

I did enjoy that game though. Hate to be Drew, the D kinda killed themselves there.

wtf. if dfish dropped 48 9 and 7 in a double ot game against the warriors the same way, it would be a great performence in nba history.

a great performance is not contingent on prior showing and proving. it is a singularity. A performace.

well, obviously lebron can dominate when two and three dudes are rushing at him.

dudes on tnt can say what they want, but detroit was keying in on lebron, without doubt.

kobe's a great player, no doubt, but ease back a moment.

two or three dudes rushing at him in the paint. He doesn't get persistent double team coverage on the perimeter though.

What did the dudes on TNT say?

• Kobe who?

Lebron IS the #1 player in the world. No doubt about it. He can do more on the court than Kobe Bryant can at this point. He plays in a weaker conference, but the cast of scrubs he's leading are barely better than the Kobes, if at all.

first ripple in a seismic shift in the NBA landscape.

• My main reasoning for saying Lebron is the new Sheriff is this:

Does anyone think in a situation where each GM was asked who'd they'd take first to start a franchise, most if not all would say James? Feel free to debate me here but who would it even be besides maybe Kobe.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    right right.

um, okay

Does anyone think in a situation where each GM was asked who'd they'd take first to start a franchise, most if not all would say James? Feel free to debate me here but who would it even be besides maybe Kobe.

Actually they did this poll in sports illustrated a little while ago. I believe the top two were Lebron and Tim Duncan.

also, ever since Yuichi change his pic to Stephen Jackson I read all his posts in that voice. And now you know.

Actually they did this poll in sports illustrated a little while ago. I believe the top two were Lebron and Tim Duncan.

also, ever since Yuichi change his pic to Stephen Jackson I read all his posts in that voice. And now you know.

No doubt Duncan is that other cat. But one is 22 and one is on the wrong side of 30. End of discussion. The future plays a part in the determination, at least in my mind.

Still kinda curious as to

What did the dudes on TNT say?

(I am not on their network, I do not know.)

• lepoohpoohlepoohpooh 296 Posts
    damn what did I miss...finally sit down to write a paper and the playoffs get exciting?

fuck

damn what did I miss...finally sit down to write a paper and the playoffs get exciting?

fuck

Tonight's game was a gripper yo. Keep yo eyes peeled. There are sure to be many more great playoff moments.

Lebron is the coolest cat on the block, but ESPN is realllly blowing this win out of proportion. "Reminiscent of some Magic and Michael. Lore of legends" LOL geezus. One freakin' playoff game yo.

"Tiger Woods hasn't won in his last 5 tournaments! He's in a mini-slump."

Good thing I don't watch SportsCenter regularly now. Good for catching baseball highlights but that's about it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Lebron is the coolest cat on the block, but ESPN is realllly blowing this win out of proportion. "Reminiscent of some Magic and Michael. Lore of legends" LOL geezus. One freakin' playoff game yo.

You sound mad that Lebron just knocked your boy Kobe out of the headlines.

That was indeed reminiscent of Jordan. The guy I was with last night is not prone to grand pronouncements. And I was going to let the comparison lie there on the plate, like a bad pierogi. But he turned to me and said, "now that was some Jordan-esque shit."

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This thread is over 40 pages long.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

This is the best post in all of the NBA threads this year. Well done drewn.

Hate to be Drew, the D kinda killed themselves there.

I'm honored that you guys concern yourself with me, but I'm doing just fine today. As a Pistons fan, I am frustrated by what I saw last night. Countless lapses on defense, open lanes to the hole that LeBron exploited, costly late turnovers (that were actually rare in this game), and the inability to choke up on the Cavs early that gave them the confidence to hang around.

As an NBA fan, however, that was an amazing show last night. LeBron James is what we thought he was better than what we thought he was. It would be ridiculous of me to avoid acknowledging his greatness with his play last night.

As for the series, I'm nervous about Saturday. But, if there's one thing about the Pistons that I am sure of, it's that they play the best with their backs against the wall. I know that sounds like a cliche, but that's because it's the truth. They have proved this time and time again, year after year and they need a hell of a performance in Game 6 to bring this back to Detroit. I think this is going 7 games.

• So someone on here thinks this *wasn't* an all-time great playoff performance. Steve kerr called it "Jordan-esque". That dude just got hired to run the Suns. I think he's seen some b-ball. Oh, and he played w/ Air Jordo. Recognize game, Yuichi.

Pistons. Game 6 and/or 7 will be waaaaaaay tougher for the Cavs to win. Still, either team could've won each of the first 5 games of this series and I expect more of the same.

Playoffs got mad interesting again last night.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    So someone on here thinks this *wasn't* an all-time great playoff performance. Steve kerr called it "Jordan-esque".

i would go one step further and say that jordan could not have done what lebron did last night, nor kobe. i'm not saying 'bron is better than either of the two, although time will tell, however, the fact is that neither of them have his size. that bump that lebron took on the second dunk would have sent jordan or kobe into the stands. not only did bron take the bump and keep going, but the refs didnt even call a foul because lebron is such a monster and can absorb a crazy amount of contact.

for anyone who caught the tnt after-show, i thought it was a bad look for barkley and kj to spend the first 20 minutes blaming the pistons for playing poor defense. get serious. nobody could have stopped lebron last night. not only was hamilton/billups/etc. taking turns burning up all their energy trying to deny him the ball, but once lebron got it, he was shadowed by the whole team.

again, it was great to see the hero step up. that shit was like a movie last night. and sheed, the villain, got played once again. not only did he get swatted on his last shot, but did anyone notice on the fast break when lebron had him turned in a 180...forcing sheed to blindly grab at him to avoid being posterized???

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    so, do you guys think the cavs will make the finals? if they do i'm rooting for them all the way. fuck a spur.

• for anyone who caught the tnt after-show, i thought it was a bad look for barkley and kj to spend the first 20 minutes blaming the pistons for playing poor defense. get serious. nobody could have stopped lebron last night. not only was hamilton/billups/etc. taking turns burning up all their energy trying to deny him the ball, but once lebron got it, he was shadowed by the whole team.

again, it was great to see the hero step up. that shit was like a movie last night. and sheed, the villain, got played once again. not only did he get swatted on his last shot, but did anyone notice on the fast break when lebron had him turned in a 180...forcing sheed to blindly grab at him to avoid being posterized???

I know you catch heat in hurr but these are two great points kvh. I was mad at Barkley for that. The Pistons were trying to get the ball out of his hands. Pavlovic, Varajao....them cats had shots in the OTs. They were just broke as fuck. I love the Chuckster but was he really this defensive stalwart in his career to always be harping on teams/players for their defense?

Your second paragraph brings up a play I noted as well. And it illustrates what's so damn special about Lebron. He's so big yet he has this other gear. He was blowin up the court on that play like an oversized Barbosa or Devin Harris. Sheed actually did a good job of preventing the finish. The speed/size combo of James is just scary.

• This was cool to read:

"If you were looking for outward emotions from someone named James, the better place to get a reading was alongside the team bus as it was being loaded after the game with the Cavs' uniforms and equipment.

Nearby stood Gloria James, LeBron's mother, with such a prideful look on her face that you couldn't help but smile when you saw her. She listened intently as Hubie Brown regaled her with praise for her son's talents, the brightness of her smile practically illuminating the loading dock where the Cavs' friends and families congregated afterward.

"Oh no, no interviews from me. I just stay in the background," James' mom said politely when I asked her for something on the record about what she was feeling during the fourth quarter and the two overtimes when James couldn't be stopped. "

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    for anyone who caught the tnt after-show, i thought it was a bad look for barkley and kj to spend the first 20 minutes blaming the pistons for playing poor defense. get serious.

The Pistons did play poor defense. The lane was wide open on those drives. In fact, on one of the dunks, Tay scooted away from contact with LeBron. Get serious.