NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    For the record, Buss didn't want to pay Shaq $30mil/year cuz he was on the decline. "I, not once- not once- went to them and said 'Trade Shaq or else'". All of this is in yesterday's LA Times. Seriously, watch ESPN Sports Century on youtube. It puts all of the "Kobe is a punk, and Shaq is funny and the man" shit into perspective.

Bullshit. Yeah Buss was frontin on the money but you cant tell me that was the reason Shaq was still asshurt two years later until Bill Russell told him to let go of that shit. Shit went down in locker room and in management boardrooms to make Shaq throw barbs at L.A. & Kobe. And Shaq is no angel either but to omit Kobe involvement is crazy.

There's two sides to every story. We've heard plenty of one side.

Genepontecorvo, I'm sorry to inform you but all of your credibility/mojo seems to have gone down the drain after....Anyway the same reason people hate on Bill Walton and Charles Barkley are the same reasons why you seem to hate Steven A. They speak loud and "bombastic" but they have great things to say.

I take it that you prefer Tom Tolbert, Jon Barry, and Dan Patrick?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Anyway the same reason people hate on Bill Walton and Charles Barkley are the same reasons why you seem to hate Steven A.

I would like it to be noted that I am not cosigning this. Especially the Walton part.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Genepontecorvo, I'm sorry to inform you but all of your credibility/mojo seems to have gone down the drain after....Anyway the same reason people hate on Bill Walton and Charles Barkley are the same reasons why you seem to hate Steven A. They speak loud and "bombastic" but they have great things to say.

I take it that you prefer Tom Tolbert, Jon Barry, and Dan Patrick?

I guess it's unnecessary for me to point out the irony of Yuichi lobbing claims of "credibility issues" at ANY-MOTHERFUCKING-BODY.

I used to hate Barkley cos he talked shit about my team that turned out to be true. I've moved past that cos even then I was hating while laughing my ass off. About 95% of that dude's takes are severely on point.

Dan Patrick? He doesn't even get considered. Besides, he's a host, he's not there for his takes, at least on NBA broadcasts. Now, you can here his takes on his radio show which I catch occassionally and that dude isn't for me he's for the middle-age set.

Jon Barry? he's brand new fresh-out-the-box. You have to give him some time but as a commentator he shows promise. I think his and Tolbert's sense of humor and candor is refreshing.

Walton is a douche we all know that. Another cat gettin by on schtick.

I like: Greg Anthony. Mark Jackson. Vandeweghe (sp?) for the front-office perspectives. I like Stein's writing but I'll admit to some bias there cos he's a former Dallas writer.

TNT Halftime show is the gold standard for NBA takes and broadcasts IMO.

Anyway the same reason people hate on Bill Walton and Charles Barkley are the same reasons why you seem to hate Steven A.

I would like it to be noted that I am not cosigning this. Especially the Walton part.

Yea, Walton does seem to have fallen off.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Bullshit. Yeah Buss was frontin on the money but you cant tell me that was the reason Shaq was still asshurt two years later until Bill Russell told him to let go of that shit. Shit went down in locker room and in management boardrooms to make Shaq throw barbs at L.A. & Kobe. And Shaq is no angel either but to omit Kobe involvement is crazy.

kobe says buss told him he was trading shaq for money reasons. shaq agrees with kobe. buss has yet to deny this statement and either have the lakers.

what is your basis for pinning the shaq trade on kobe when every party that was involved says the opposite?

i think you just like rooting for the bad guys. sheed and shaq???? these are the guys you root for?

did you cheer when ivan drago killed apollo creed in rocky iv?

I guess it's unnecessary for me to point out the irony of Yuichi lobbing claims of "credibility issues" at ANY-MOTHERFUCKING-BODY.

It's getting harder to differentiate between you and rootlesscosmo. Am I the only one?

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Dude, plaese to point out the points of mine you contend. Otherwise, step the fuck off my nuts.

PEACE!!!!!

• mallardmallard 452 Posts

he is NOT cosigning your statement. ESPECIALLY the Walton part. He especially disagrees with your Walton assertation.

he is NOT cosigning your statement. ESPECIALLY the Walton part. He especially disagrees with your Walton assertation.

Yuichi and I agree even when we don't agree.

Mathafuckas still don't know that me and Faux_Rillz is like the Lebron/Larry Hughes dynamic duo. Him being Larry Hughes.

LEBRON WITH A CROSSOVER AND MONSTER DUNK.

CHAUNCEY WITH THE BIG SHOT.

LEBRON WITH ANOTHER DUNK.

ERIC SNOW WITH THE HUGE DEFENSIVE PLAYS.

OVERTIME IN DETROIT.

Go Cavs!!!!!!!!

Mathafuckas still don't know that me and Faux_Rillz is like the Lebron/Larry Hughes dynamic duo. Him being Larry Hughes.

Overpaid and underperforming?

You know that's not right.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Yo. L-Bron. What the fuck was that shot?

Okay, Cleveland may have blown their last opportunity right there.

Horrible clock management.

Nobody else wants to take a shot. What I NEVER understand is, why do players just STAND AROUND? They should continue setting picks and cutting to the basket.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    co-sign on marv albert saying this could go down as one of the greatest playoff performances ever.

lebron is a beast!! poor coaching and horrible teammates can't keep him down.

lets go cavs!

Nobody else wants to take a shot. What I NEVER understand is, why do players just STAND AROUND? They should continue setting picks and cutting to the basket.

Oh, agree...We all knew WHO was going to take the shot. But, really...The 22 Heave, as Bill Simmons called it today, was not what the doctor ordered.

I amazed at how bad the Cavs are. They're a really bad team.
    Great player; horrible team.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    LEBRON JAMES IS THE LORD

LEBRON JAMES IS THE LORD

That was incredible.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    LEBRON JAMES IS THE LORD
    I Believe!!

Lebron vs the Pistons.

LEBRON WINS!

"One of the greatest performances in NBA History", does Marv Albert get paid to say that?

Craig Sager "This is the start of legends. Did you know you were this good?!"

There is no more space on his bozak at this time.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    please.

oh my god.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    if i was the rest of those damn cavs i couldn't even celebrate the win... i'd just be lining up to get bron's autograph and thank him, maybe offering to wash his jock strap for him or perhaps come to his locker bearing gifts. Them dudes can NOT say "we won!! we won!!" no, LEBRON won. the rest of yall were just highly paid spectators. what, 29 of Cleveland's last 31 points or some schitt??? great for king james, DISGRACEFUL for the rest of those beeyotches