NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Golden State & Baron Davis "let" him get 31 in the first Utah win too.

But he's a Point Guard and he looks to pass first, score second.

And he's only averaging 14 assists a game.

How can that be over rated??

Is someone getting 15 - 20 assists a game at the point????

exactly. his stats make him overrated. for example, i dont think he is better than andre miller, yet at this point, i'm sure i am in the minority based on williams' playoff numbers. mark jackson called him "one of the top players in the league for years to come" the other night. ehhhhhhh. he's solid, but not spectacular. bibby is another guy i'd rank above him. baron davis too, although they have totally different games.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    his stats make him overrated. [/b]

I rate Deron Williams as a guy that will get you 10 assists a night....can score 20 pretty regular and will go for 30 on a good night. He'll play good defense, will rarely make a "stupid" play and hustles his ass off. Has above average strength, goes strong to the hoop and has an outside shot.

There may be 3-4 point guards like that in the NBA

he's solid, but not spectacular[/b].

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

did anyone notice that barbosa got the 6th man award???? gtfohwtbs. Ginobili had a much better season and is arguably one of the top 10-15 players in the league.

Barbosa came off the bench more and straight killed it this year during the regular season. I think Ginobli is more of a starter.

The "Rolling with Barbosa" series on Truehoops is a pretty interesting look at a young foreign player making it in the NBA...

• lepoohpoohlepoohpooh 296 Posts
    keithvanhorn as usual wrong about everything

the spurs defense does not 'let' anyone get anything. deron is killing it period

secondly, i'm not mad at ginobli getting denied because he only played half the season off the bench and he truly is a starter, but strategically he works coming off the bench because we still have a primary scorer while parker and duncan are resting

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You dudes are smoking crack. Deron Williams is currently in the top 5 PGs in the premier basketball league in the world. Probably top 20 players in the league (read: He will be an Allstar next year).

Steven A. was right "Mehmet Okur is garbage. And the series is OVER!".

Ginobili got that mojo back.

Discuss...

1) One more ring for Duncan and he'll have as many as Shaq. Shouldn't he be included in the discussion of GOAT?

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

1) One more ring for Duncan and he'll have as many as Shaq. Shouldn't he be included in the discussion of GOAT?

Duncan is already held by many as the greatest "4" ever to play the game. I guess it's lucky for him he came in next to the Admiral and never really had to play the "5" like he probably would have on most squads.

Yeah, that dude is the shit though. Bully for him I guess. I'd like further illumination on "The Duncan Rules" though.

This is one more reason why yall are just cheerleaders and non-ballers.

Who wants beef?

You want beef....

Trade talk in Dallas today...

Dirk for Kobe straight up.

Discuss

You want beef....

Discuss

WOW.

I doubt that would ever happen.

Would Kobe's severe toughness advantage make Dallas back into a true championship contender?

You want beef....

Discuss

The Lakers will do everything in their power to keep dude in LA.

"Dirk for Kobe straight up"

>>> Don't think it'll help Dallas, cuz they need more inside help. I don't think Dallas needs to make major changes, as long as they don't face GS in the post-season. I think they'll be ready for another shot next year.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    You want beef....

Discuss

Would Kobe's severe toughness advantage make Dallas back into a true championship contender?

It probably would. Kobe is pretty much the antithesis of Dirk's crunch-time disappearing act. But, of course:
    I doubt that would ever happen.

Just because it needs to be said again, Derron Williams is a fucking baller.

Discuss...

Who is the most clutch International playa?

I say Manu or Barbosa. Them dudes are a nightmare to guard when the clock is winding down.

i'd like to see kobe stay in la. he already has the rings, so right now he would silence all critics if he made la a championship contender once again. also, i kinda like how kobe and lebron are on average teams (minus themselves). its reminiscent of mj before he made his championship runs. a lebron with shitty teammates v. kobe with shitty teammates finals showdown would be historic. its like playing one on one for the trophy.

back to deron williams - i never said he was garbage. the kid can play. i just look at his playoff stats against the spurs and don't see him as a guy who should be putting up 30 and 10.

Discuss...

I say Manu or Barbosa. Them dudes are a nightmare to guard when the clock is winding down.

I'd say Manu. But I'm also a Spurs fan, so perhaps I'm biased in that regard. Still, dude pretty much won the game for the Spurs last night, and that's hardly the first time he's done so.

Discuss...

I'd say Manu. But I'm also a Spurs fan, so perhaps I'm biased in that regard. Still, dude pretty much won the game for the Spurs last night, and that's hardly the first time he's done so.

That Tim Duncan guy is pretty clutch.

Pffft. Barbosa. Where the fuck was he in the Spurs series? NO-SHOW.

I'm a fan of the dude and his game but he didn't step up there. He's young though, he'll be fine.

BOKY NACHBAR LIKE WHAT?

Naw I'm playin. Manu is pretty clutch I have to agree. So between him and Barbosa, Manu all the way right now.

Dirk has been a complete bum in his last two playoff series but I'm sorry, Game 7 and the whole Spurs series and a 50pt answer to Tim Thomas' "toughness" and dispatching the Suns consequently was some clutch shit. He had a good lil' run there before what I now like to call the "Dark Days".

Discuss...

I keep forgetting he's not 'Murrcan.

Mavs needs are very simple.

Back to the basket offensive player.

True point guard.

Trade for KG. Find a way to draft Acie Law IV. Somehow do all that and keep Josh and you can size up the rings.

Yuichi, you say "as long as they don't have to play GS"....with the hindsight of the Jazz/GS series.....analyze the matchup. What was Utah able to do defensively that Dallas wasn't? What was Utah able to do offensively that Dallas wasn't? Did GS shoot out of their mind cos of perimeter D of Dallas or did they just shoot out of their minds? Obviously Utah was able to penetrate w/ consistency and Dallas didn't. And they set up on the low block w/ Boozer. See the points about needs above.

Mavs needs are very simple.

Back to the basket offensive player.

True point guard.

Trade for KG. Find a way to draft Acie Law IV. Somehow do all that and keep Josh and you can size up the rings.

Yuichi, you say "as long as they don't have to play GS"....with the hindsight of the Jazz/GS series.....analyze the matchup. What was Utah able to do defensively that Dallas wasn't? What was Utah able to do offensively that Dallas wasn't? Did GS shoot out of their mind cos of perimeter D of Dallas or did they just shoot out of their minds? Obviously Utah was able to penetrate w/ consistency and Dallas didn't. And they set up on the low block w/ Boozer. See the points about needs above.

These are the averages from the series.

GSW UTA
    113.7 PPG 115.7
    34.0 RPG 52.5
    17.7 APG 26.0
    0.450 FG% 0.498
    0.710 FT% 0.809
    0.380 3P% 0.410

Dallas > Utah

GSW > Dallas

Utah > GSW

It doesn't make sense but it's basketball. It's about capitalizing on the opponent's weaknesses. Once again, I'd just like to emphasize that Dallas will still be a contender next year.

Discuss...

I thought about him for a brief second, but does he count? U.S. Virgin Islands or whatever. I don't even know where the hell that is. haha.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    keithvanhorn as usual wrong about everything

Dude have u watched Deron at all?

He's abusing the Spurs defense. And w/out all that A.I> razzle dazzle bullshit.
    I dont understand your hatt? To accomplish this against the Spurs is an accomplishment....and in the playoffs. What are your standards?

U can throw his stats out the window if you'd like. Dude is an efficient PG.as far as Bibby > Deron. Well at this point - NO. But Bibby has done his thing in the past and I cant take anything from him but in no way is he an elite anymore.

Lebron is getting some help.

Cleveland is back in the series.

They looked hungrier than the Pistons.

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT GAME!!!!

I AM FEELING THE NBA POST-SEASON AGAIN!

Ofcourse, there is ALWAYS the possibility of Detroit turning
    on the Turbo Boosters at the Palace. But there is now the possibility
    of the Pistons getting the Dallas Mavericks syndrome.

There are a lot of potential things happening....

Lebron in the Finals??

or

San Antonio vs Detroit??

Either way is fine with me, but I'd like to see how much further the Cavs can go.

I LOVE BASKETBALL.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What was Utah able to do defensively that Dallas wasn't? What was Utah able to do offensively that Dallas wasn't? Did GS shoot out of their mind cos of perimeter D of Dallas or did they just shoot out of their minds? Obviously Utah was able to penetrate w/ consistency and Dallas didn't. And they set up on the low block w/ Boozer. See the points about needs above.

Utah took it to the paint.
    And Dallas cant stop penetration from the perimeter to the paint.

You need an inside scoring threat and a "bruiser/evil mofo".Stack is mean but not enuff. Your leader should be evil/killertype.

Duncan is evil
    Jordan is evil
    Rasheed be evil
    Magic is evil
    Bird is evil
    Hakeem could get evil
    Kobe is evil
    Shaq is evil
    Wade be evil
    D.J. & Moses be evil

What was Utah able to do defensively that Dallas wasn't? What was Utah able to do offensively that Dallas wasn't? Did GS shoot out of their mind cos of perimeter D of Dallas or did they just shoot out of their minds? Obviously Utah was able to penetrate w/ consistency and Dallas didn't. And they set up on the low block w/ Boozer. See the points about needs above.

Utah took it to the paint.
    And Dallas cant stop penetration from the perimeter to the paint.

You need an inside scoring threat and a "bruiser/evil mofo".Stack is mean but not enuff. Your leader should be evil/killertype.

Duncan is evil
    Jordan is evil
    Rasheed be evil
    Magic is evil
    Bird is evil
    Hakeem could get evil
    Kobe is evil
    Shaq is evil
    Wade be evil
    D.J. & Moses be evil

• Damnn Daniel Gibson stepped up big time..Gooden and is butt patch too..Lebron should stay driving to the hoop like Gibson was..12/12 ft!We got a real series now..

Daniel Gibson

That kid is nice.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    does cleveland start gibson even if hughes is healthy?

does cleveland start gibson even if hughes is healthy?

YES.

i like how gibson smiles during the entire game.

lebron was close to perfect in the 4th quarter. that play where he faked the spin move and drove left was . i am starting to question whether kobe is still the best player in the league. lebron's numbers aren't THAT good....compared to the basketball god - Deron Williams , but considering the 3 man shadow detroit has on him, it is amazing he can get to the basket with relative ease.

Sheed showed his selfishness again last night, getting a crucial technical with less than 2 minutes to play. he's a bum and its a shame that guys like Rip and Chauncy Billups have to play with such a loser. Rip was clutch at the end. Chauncy is having a tough series but you gotta love his game. i'd trust him with the last shot of the game over any other player in the nba...including kobe and lebron.

I'm not gonna count out the Lebrons just yet though

please be serious.

Every game has been close.