NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Given the composition of that squad, it isn't surprising in the least.

what are you suggesting? that the team is a bunch of thugs?

c'mon man Jackson could always have pulled out his heater (no homo). given the circumstances I'd say the W's exercised restraint.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I think what GP meant was that it's the type of team that gets together on their nights off and drink warm milk and knit sweaters!!!

I think what GP meant was that it's the type of team that gets together on their nights off and drink warm milk and knit sweaters!!!

It's funny you should mention that. Back in the day I always loved Spree's awful off-court sweater collection.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

as for the okur incident...i really think he deserved to get put on his ass. you don't try to show up the home team when the game is out of reach.

Please.

GSW always shows their ass when they lose. Given the composition of that squad, it isn't surprising in the least.

Oh whatever man. Step off with the hatt. I don't think there is any excuse for the Davis elbow but there isn't a team in the league that would have let Okur make that dunk (well, maybe the Mavs would have. OOOOOOH!). It's not like JRich is really known for that kind of behavior either.

I'm just going off what I've seen. Every time I see them lose in the playoffs someone has to wile' out. It's not like they've been classy in victory either. That's their steez. They're "aggressive". You have to take the good w/ the bad.

It's funny you should mention that. Back in the day I always loved Spree's awful off-court sweater collection.

St. Johns ex-Coach Lou Carnesecca had the Sweater game on LOCK!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

The Good Luck Sweater

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

as for the okur incident...i really think he deserved to get put on his ass. you don't try to show up the home team when the game is out of reach.

Please.

GSW always shows their ass when they lose. Given the composition of that squad, it isn't surprising in the least.

Oh whatever man. Step off with the hatt. I don't think there is any excuse for the Davis elbow but there isn't a team in the league that would have let Okur make that dunk (well, maybe the Mavs would have. OOOOOOH!).

GP's squad = currently sipping zinfandels up in chippendales

Please.

Oh whatever man. Step off with the hatt. I don't think there is any excuse for the Davis elbow but there isn't a team in the league that would have let Okur make that dunk (well, maybe the Mavs would have. OOOOOOH!).

Oh you a Dubs fan now. Tight.

I'll take shit from a Dubs fan all day but not from a nomad the likes of you, kind sir.

How about this chipper exchange, per Bruce Bowen:

"I said to him, 'Now, Steve, you know I didn't try to knee you there,' and he said, 'Yeah, absolutely, Bruce,' and we gave each other five."

"I said to him, 'Now, Steve, you know I didn't try to knee you there,' and he said, 'Yeah, absolutely, Bruce,' and we gave each other five."

Whatever Brucie. You picked the wrong guy to get with on this one. The league will take notice when Stevie Nash is involved.

I'd put the odds 50/50 on a suspension.

What did you all think? Shit looked as intentional as hell to me. Uninterested observer who does get a free meal if the Spurs win.

Whatever Brucie. You picked the wrong guy to get with on this one. The league will take notice when Stevie Nash is involved.

What did you all think? Shit looked as intentional as hell to me. Uninterested observer who does get a free meal if the Spurs win.

Me too. That's how Brucie B does. He'll be suiting up tonight, though.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Let's just say there were numerous players on GS that were whining and taking out their frustration in a less productive way. I guess in the end, fundamentals do win out.

That Bowen knee was completely intentional. Fuck the "But he's a great defender" shit for a second. He has mastered the art of the flagrant foul. It's funny how he tries to make those awkward movements part of the play. On this particular play, he raises his knee just enough to make it obvious that there was intent.

Me too. That's how Brucie B does. He'll be suiting up tonight, though.

Yeah I guess you're right he'dve already been suspended.

I kinda feel like this is Phoenix's last stand tonight. They're either gonna have to bring the most physical game they've had to date or they're going to have to be extremely mentally tough to not get involved in what the Spurs bring to the table. Amare absolutely has to play for them to have a chance. No foul trouble.

Is anyone even watching Nets/Cavs???

hahahaha.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

they're in the playoffs?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I kinda feel like this is Phoenix's last stand tonight. They're either gonna have to bring the most physical game they've had to date or they're going to have to be extremely mentally tough to not get involved in what the Spurs bring to the table. Amare absolutely has to play for them to have a chance. No foul trouble.

Agreed, Amare is gonna go big or go home.

I refuse to watch a Spurs Jazz WCF.

they're in the playoffs?

Nets won't be for long....

Not when their scoring consists of Mikki Moore shooting 11/14 while Kidd, Jefferson & Carter shoot for a combined 11/48

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Vince Carter! What a choke. I watched an interview with Carter a few days ago and he was saying, "on Toronto, I was THE guy. Now, I know I don't have to be THE guy." Come again?

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    you'd think the triumvirant of carter, kidd and jefferson would be better than 41-41 record.

and about nellie, defense wins championships...these run and gun teams will never do shit. not since the 80s at least.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Vince Carter will never wear a ring.

and about nellie, defense wins championships...these run and gun teams will never do shit. not since the 80s at least.

Dr. Yuichi said it earlier.....

"I guess in the end, fundamentals do win out."

__________________________________________________________________________________

I love the bank shot!!!

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

Kevin McHale has the NBA sweater game in total control.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I love the bank shot!!!

I was pessimistic about the Spurs this season, thus I made the foolish prediction of 4-2 Suns win.

Looks like they're peaking at just the right time.

THE SPURS ARE PLAYING BEAUTIFUL BASKETBALL ON BOTH SIDES. JUST LOVELY.

They have figured out this Suns team.

Looks like this series is a wrap.

Unless.....Kurt Thomas gives Duncan a concussion by clotheslining him or something.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

I love the bank shot!!!

I was pessimistic about the Spurs this season, thus I made the foolish prediction of 4-2 Suns win.

Looks like they're peaking at just the right time.

THE SPURS ARE PLAYING BEAUTIFUL BASKETBALL ON BOTH SIDES. JUST LOVELY.

They have figured out this Suns team.

This shit is a wrap.

yeah i've only seen about 4 playoff games this year but it seems like all the series aren't that compettive. if the spurs hold on (which they probably will) all 4 series will be 3-1...i'd like to see at least ONE 7 game series in the first two rounds.

Vince Carter will never wear a ring.

He was fouled on that last play by Eric Snow, for the record.

I like Carter. His better days were obviously in Toronto, but those were some fun times if you were just an NBA fan. Wait....actually he was the one that fronted on KB's 81. Fuck him!

ONE 7 game series in the first two rounds.

You may just see this in a possible SAS/Detroit matchup in the Finals.

How did I miss this gem?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Damn, Steve Nash is a punching bag. What was that shit from Horry?

• They have figured out this Suns team.

Looks like this series is a wrap.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Nice one!