• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i still believe

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    They look...Done.

They better pull it together in Utah or

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

The toughest guard combo in the NBA.

This shit is a wrap.

Time for some of yall to get off the Bandwagon.

Did I mention, Derek Fisher?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

The toughest guard combo in the NBA.

This shit is a wrap.

Time for some of yall to get off the Bandwagon.

Did I mention, Derek Fisher?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    "Baron Davis bow to the head? Naw, that shit doesn't faze me son."

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    It's a privilege when opposing players whine about your team being "dirty". The dirtiest teams are the best teams.

Quit fucking whining Amare. YOu're like the nastiest motherfucker in the L. Go dunk on all them dudes instead.

But yeah, now y'all see how tough it is to beat the Spurs. Outscoring them is only a part of the equation.

Give me a braek. Let's reference this post next season when Bowen runs up under Josh Howard mid-shot and comes down on his foot with a busted ankle.

Huh? It happened this season and I ain't say shit. Why you up in my biz, playa?

While it's nothing new, especially for Bowen, I'm just saying, let's hear how quiet you are when one of your playes actually gets injured.

Who got injured?

* COUGH *

League looking into Bowen's actions in Game 3[/b]
    By Marc Stein
    ESPN.com

For the first time in an increasingly contentious San Antonio Spurs-Phoenix Suns series, Bruce Bowen is officially under the league's microscope.

An NBA spokesman confirmed Sunday night that Bowen's third-quarter knee to the groin of Suns guard Steve Nash in Saturday's Game 3 is under review for possible punishment.

Nash declined after Saturday's game and again Sunday to voice any public displeasure with Bowen's physical play. But the league decided anyway to conduct a full investigation into this incident after declining to do so when Bowen was accused of intentionally kicking Amare Stoudemire in Game 2.

Stoudemire called Bowen and Manu Ginobili "dirty" players after the Game 2 tangle, in which Bowen admitted he "did clip" Stoudemire from behind on a dunk.

If the league decides to fine or suspend Bowen, that announcement would come before Monday night's Game 4.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    can someone refresh my memory, perhaps motown, why GS got rid of Fisher? I know to make room for Ellis, but it's clear he isn't ready. did we get anything in return?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Stern firm and young with a laid-back tongue
    The aim is to succeed and achieve at 21
    Just like Ringling Brothers, I'll daze and astound
    Captivate the mass, cause the prose is profound[/b]

can someone refresh my memory, perhaps motown, why GS got rid of Fisher? I know to make room for Ellis, but it's clear he isn't ready. did we get anything in return?

I think he was unhappy there especially after winning 3 rings. Mullin didnt have his shit together yet.

Back in the Day Golden State Warriors appreciation......

Billy Owens - dude was a 6'9" multi-purpose SF - imagine a fat Melo
    Tyrone Hill - dude looked like Man-Bat, but could rebound like crazy
    Latrell Sprewell - the OG spree w/ the baldy was killin cats. I saw him drop 35 on New Jersey

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

You may have fond memories of Hill but he was one in a long string of disappointing Warriors big men. Dude could crash the boards but that was about it.

File next to: Chris Gatling

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

League looking into Bowen's actions in Game 3[/b]

what's gonna happen to baron davis for elbowing fisher and whoever it was (richardson?) that took okur out on that attempted dunk?

imo, davis should get fined if the tape shows that he gave fisher an intentional shot to the head...i only saw it replayed one time and, while its obvious that davis bowed' him, its hard to tell whether he was aiming for his grill.

as for the okur incident...i really think he deserved to get put on his ass. you don't try to show up the home team when the game is out of reach. also, i think the foul, although hard, was only to his arms and hands...not his head.

You may have fond memories of Hill but he was one in a long string of disappointing Warriors big men. Dude could crash the boards but that was about it.

File next to: Chris Gatling

True.

My man was gonzo bout Chris Gatling. Dude had a crazy unorthodox left handed game.
    Along w/ the headband over the crazy head scar and shit.

he was one in a long string of disappointing Warriors big men.

I dont think he's jumping in this photo.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Don Nelson = Master of the First Round Upset & the Second Round Fold!!

Examples pleez...

Examples pleez...

You're about to witness it for about the 8th time......

Has always been able to get mediocre teams into the playoffs, win a few games and then go to Hawaii for the rest of the summer.

In '82-83 he beat the Celtics in the 1st 4-0 then lost to the 76ers 4-1 in the second.

In '84-'85 he beat the Bulls in the 1st 3-1 then lost 4-0 to the 76ers in the second.

In '88-'89 he beat the Jazz 3-0 in the 1st round and then lost 4-1 in the 2nd to the Suns.

In '90-'91 he won the first round against the Spurs and lost in the second to the Lakers

In '00-'01 he beat Utah 3-2 in the first round and lost to the Spurs in the second.

In '01-02 he swept the Timberwolves in the 1st round and lost to the Kings in the second.

Good enough???

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Rock's just offering a counterpoint to the Nellie love that was running rampant during the Mavs series.

He's a great character and a great coach. He's a HOFer.

He's been to CONFERENCE finals....one time?

NBA Finals? No sir.

Maybe scotch-fueled napkin gameplans only work for the first couple of rounds???

Rock's just offering a counterpoint to the Nellie love that was running rampant during the Mavs series.

He's a great character and a great coach. He's a HOFer.

He's been to CONFERENCE finals....one time?

NBA Finals? No sir.

Maybe scotch-fueled napkin gameplans only work for the first couple of rounds???

Dude, I can't think of a NBA coach I'd rather sit down and have a beer with.....great guy, good coach, but his style can only take you so far....if you have a team in the cellar he's the guy you want to build you up to respectability.....if you're on the cusp of having a Championship caliber team he's NOT your guy.

Examples pleez...

You're about to witness it for about the 8th time......

In '82-83 he beat the Celtics in the 1st 4-0 then lost to the 76ers 4-1 in the second.
    In '84-'85 he beat the Bulls in the 1st 3-1 then lost 4-0 to the 76ers in the second.
    In '88-'89 he beat the Jazz 3-0 in the 1st round and then lost 4-1 in the 2nd to the Suns.
    In '90-'91 he won the first round against the Spurs and lost in the second to the Lakers
    In '00-'01 he beat Utah 3-2 in the first round and lost to the Spurs in the second.
    In '01-02 he swept the Timberwolves in the 1st round and lost to the Kings in the second.

Good enough???

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    2007 #'s.....

Ben Wallace 6.4 pts. 10.7 rebs. 45% shooting

Tyson Chandler 9.5 pts. 12.4 rebs. 62% shooting

These are just numbers! (Lifetime stats please.)

Push come to shove, I want Wallace in the pressure situation, not TC.

I have already wasted enough time talking about Chandler.

The names Tyson Chandler & Chauncey Billups sound like some 1886 presidential hopefuls.

I can't blame Bulls fans for being salty. Krumbs Krause traded freaking Elton Brand to have those two dudes on the roster for four years and then trade them off before they can get really good.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

cap space. they traded fish to the jazz for some really expendable players who are no where to be found last time i checked. i liked derek fisher for the time he was with the warriors but he was obviously not a real point guard, more of a spot up shooter etc.

I believe! go warriors lets bring it back to the bay for one more game.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I can't blame Bulls fans for being salty. Krumbs Krause traded freaking Elton Brand to have those two dudes on the roster for four years and then trade them off before they can get really good.

Eddy Curry leaving Chicago, for some odd reason, was a forgone conclusion even before the arrhyhthmia debacle. It was like Eddy didn't want the "hometown preasure." Factor that into his lack of a work ethic or something, but dude didn't seem like he wanted to be a Bull. The heart issue was just an excuse for everyone to go their seperate ways.

Eddy Curry leaving Chicago, for some odd reason, was a forgone conclusion even before the arrhyhthmia debacle. It was like Eddy didn't want the "hometown preasure." Factor that into his lack of a work ethic or something, but dude didn't seem like he wanted to be a Bull. The heart issue was just an excuse for everyone to go their seperate ways.

Many would say, both Curry AND Tyson suffer from "heart problems". Nothing a doctor could measure or cure, of course.

Eddy Curry should be dominating the L by now. Kind of a waste really.

2007 #'s.....

Ben Wallace 6.4 pts. 10.7 rebs. 45% shooting

Tyson Chandler 9.5 pts. 12.4 rebs. 62% shooting

These are just numbers! (Lifetime stats please.)

Push come to shove, I want Wallace in the pressure situation, not TC.

I have already wasted enough time talking about Chandler.

The names Tyson Chandler & Chauncey Billups sound like some 1886 presidential hopefuls.

Not gonna beef about it, I just think you underestimate Chandler a bit.....and I did admit that this was his first solid year so lifetime stats don't mean much right now.

Give me a center that can average 10 points, 12 boards and a couple of blocks a game and I'll be happy in today's NBA.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

as for the okur incident...i really think he deserved to get put on his ass. you don't try to show up the home team when the game is out of reach.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

They better pull it together in Utah or

as for the okur incident...i really think he deserved to get put on his ass. you don't try to show up the home team when the game is out of reach.

Please.

GSW always shows their ass when they lose. Given the composition of that squad, it isn't surprising in the least.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Please.

GSW always shows their ass when they lose. Given the composition of that squad, it isn't surprising in the least.

Oh whatever man. Step off with the hatt. I don't think there is any excuse for the Davis elbow but there isn't a team in the league that would have let Okur make that dunk (well, maybe the Mavs would have. OOOOOOH!). It's not like JRich is really known for that kind of behavior either.

It was a frustrating game to say the least. The Warriors are tired and can't hold on through the fourth quarter. We've seen it three times now. Everything said here about Nellie is on point.