Alberto Gonzalez is toast

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Just watched the Attorney General of the United States of America give testimony to the Congress. There was also a nice summary by Ari Shapiro on All Things Considered.His performance was terrible. Even Jeff Sessions didn't throw him a lifejacket.Some highlights:

My prediction:By next Friday (at the very latest) your boy will be spending a lot more time with his family.

Comments

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    http://www.cspan.org/watch/

replaying now if anyone wants to listen

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    fall guy deluxe just doing what dick and bush told him

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    fall guy deluxe just doing what dick and bush told him

right. but why did they even bother sending him up there when they knew he would fall flat? they should of asked him to resign weeks ago.

edit: here i go again applying logic in inappropriate places.

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    god that exchange with specter over "preparation" is so good

god that exchange with specter over "preparation" is so good

fuck. even Tom Coburn slammed him.

• god that exchange with specter over "preparation" is so good

Indeed.

I can't really stand the high and mighty stance senators take when given the opportunity, though.

I can't really stand the high and mighty stance senators take when given the opportunity, though.

I agree...

But looking at the overall hearing, compared to hearings in general, you will always have at least one Senator who will come out to get their people's back--especially for something this "high-profile".

I've never seen such a unanimous smackdown.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    whoa. is that real??

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    whoa. is that real??

http://nytimes.com/

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I had to attend Arlen Specter's campaign party the night he was elected for a class assignment. I was pretty suspect of him at the time, but I must say that he's been a rugged dog in the senate during his term. Give 'em hell, Arlen.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    There was also a nice summary by Ari Shapiro on All Things Considered.

Just listened to this and talk about . The Gonz is toast.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Bush's first term was not worthy for incompetent staff. His second term is staff with poor memories.

Next time you get in trouble try saying "Sorry, I don't recall".

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    I had to attend Arlen Specter's campaign party the night he was elected for a class assignment. I was pretty suspect of him at the time, but I must say that he's been a rugged dog in the senate during his term. Give 'em hell, Arlen.

specter is all talk, you should continue to be suspect of him, no matter how much he grills Gonzalez. last year he made a fuss about the lack of due process for terror suspects under this bullshit military tribunal system....and then he voted in favor of it.