...so nobody cares about the NHL Playoffs?

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
...or did I miss that thread?GO CANUCKS GO !!!Image Hosted by ImageShack.usBeen a real tight series, close games everytime. That 4th overtime game Who you got?

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    isnt there a messageboard for NHL somewhere on these internets?

Guys and their hockey...jeesh.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Man, that shit died with the quickness.

Damn NBAstrut!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm just frustrated that the Pens aren't putting up
    more of a fight against the Senators ... I'm not a
    Pens "fan" but they are one of the most entertaining
    temas in the league to watch, and I hate the Sens, so
    I would like to see them take it. Looks like they are
    done already, though - unless they can rip off 3 in a row ...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    as a leaf fan, obviously I would like to see the sens lose.....

however, other than NJ, I don't see any other team knocking them off their game. They match up to everybody real well, even buffalo. Only nj's stifling trap will frustrate them.

I hope the nashville - sj series goes to 7 games. Radulov is on point.

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    No Leafs/Habs generally means no interest. It's like the MLB playoffs without the Yankees.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Leafs/Habs

That final game was

But damn what horrible D on both teams!

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    But damn what horrible D goaltending on both teams!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    It's like the MLB playoffs without the Yankees.

better?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    better

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i aint really into hockey but i will support my local hometeam. GO SHARKS!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Nobody in America cares

Nobody in America cares

Of course, you realize - this means WAR.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    i care. deeply.

datsyuk.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i am rooting for the sabres, because its the closest to a hometown team i got.
    also because they have never won the cup and i grew up with them doing well then blowing it many times. i want that to not happen for once.

• Man this years playoffs are bonkin' off. You've the Cheers, Vancouver has a wall of holyfuckitude in net, you've got the Jeers, Atlanta swept of the map and the Pens haven't hit puberty. Then you've got Nashville which has to do something or the might move the franchise. There's just so much going on, I mean look at Calgary it's like there the little dude trying to show off in front of big bro, but when they're in Detroit there is no deadly ninja in Jerome Iginla. Rantrantrant Just keep your eyes open it's going to get so much better. Oh yeah.... Turco can eat

• i'm caring about NHL playoffs, but
    I'm just frustrated that the Pens aren't putting up
    more of a fight against the Senators ...
    i'm a pens fan 4 life but yes, we are blowing this series. but it's ok, all season i was telling myself i'll be happy as long as Crosby and Malkin won their scoring races (which they did). I'm not giving up yet, we'll see what happens tonight, but regardless, we gotta improve our defensive core in the off season...

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    i am rooting for the sabres, because its the closest to a hometown team i got.
    also because they have never won the cup and i grew up with them doing well then blowing it many times. i want that to not happen for once.

they were robbed of a cup, though. bad call, Hull's skate in crease. bad rule, but..

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Devils vs Lightning game last night was awesome! I'm a hockey fan, but having grown up in Puerto Rico I don't root for a particular team, I just like watching the games. Wish I could've seen more fo them but I don't have cable.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I need to get on this.

I spent much of my youth playing Hockey. I wanted to go pro so bad.

Anwyays, when's the next game? Who should I be watching?

Can someone hook me up with the cliff notes of where we are at in the playoffs?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I need to get on this.

I spent much of my youth playing Hockey. I wanted to go pro so bad.

Anwyays, when's the next game? Who should I be watching?

Can someone hook me up with the cliff notes of where we are at in the playoffs?

Check out NHL.com

• vs.

great game right now. buffalo looks like they are clicking right now. that last penalty kill they were.......... would you say?

i'm bummed about the penguins losses. it didn't seem like they were on the top of their game but this was the first i've been able to see them play this season. man i love the internet.

what's this bout steroids? sean hill of the islanders. what do you think about that maple leafs and habs?

• vs. tonight.

should be a good series. the rangers were hot against atlanta. avery has already promised to hurt people. i think the sabers are going to take the series but the rangers are gonna take them the distance.

in the other series tonight i'm taking anaheim over vancouver. i think anaheim has too much offensive firepower for vancouver to handle, and their d is going to shut down the twins and thus vancouver's chances. luongo is going to have to play out of his mind for them to steal the game as the canucks somehow managed to pass through the series despite not having scored a goal in 3 of the 7 games. i'll say anaheim in 5.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I really think luongo can pull it off though. Dude is the best in the world right now.

Buffalo will take care of Avery with ease.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    what does the rest of the nation think of them san jose sharks?

hockey is one sport that escapes me, dont understand how on average a shift is about 1.5minutes????

anyways, the sharks got some ballers on the squad. thornton, marleau, cheechoo and that guy they got from the blues.

stanley cup?

Wow, Ducks are champs. They certainly were stacked.

Ottawa went down eeeeeeaaaaaaaasy.

Nice to see Sellane win one, I always liked him.

Him bawling like a child kinda choked me up a little.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts

Nice to see Sellane win one, I always liked him.

Him bawling like a child kinda choked me up a little.

He's a hero here, him winning after all these years is a big thing.

So, in closing out this thread for the year, I would
    like to say that I think the one thing we can all agree
    upon is that the answer to the question posed in the thread
    title is a resounding "YES" - nobody does care, whatsoever.

On a slightly related side-note, I followed a link last night
    that led me to the official WEEN message board, and the longest
    thread on there was the NHL season thread, which as of last night
    was OVER 400 PAGES LONG!? I guess WEEN or their fans are big on the NHL?