whatcha doin'/listenin/ to on this hump day?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I'm Hanging out drinking some Grapefruit juice, smokin' a bowl and listenin' to John Lee Hooker("You're Baby Aint Sweet Like Mine" is my favorite , just pulled the needle back on that one)...about to go get some sushi. I like Wednesdays...I have desginated it my offical day off. Its hump day y'all.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    This morning while dropping my wife off at the airport and my daughter at her nanny's, it was Lady Saw's new cd in the deck. As soon as I was the only one in the vehicle...Whut It Dew 4.

I'm scheduled to do a brief phone interview with Stephen Marley tonight, so I'm going to have to listen to his new cd some time today as well.

I guess it might also be noteworthy that I've been listening to a lot of Thin Lizzy's Jailbreak LP as of late, for whatever that's worth.

Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaawwww!!!!!

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Ripped a copy of this to CD for a buddy at work:

and he let me hang on to this:

A bunch of the same tracks/recordings from one to the other, but I am really liking "Blues For Tomorrow" the track they recorded without Monk.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    relaxing with a cup of joe and listening to that 6 disc "Top Ranking Girls" comp.

Followed by this...

Going to start working in a couple hours. I design belts and shoes for my dad's company.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    vertigo mixed by andy votel at work.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Geto Boys and that Bob and Gene thing. Neither is really doing it for me.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Procuring the goodies for this Friday

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts
    ... bar-b-q and these sides:

cheers

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    German Bar-b-q? American imperialism must be stopped.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    listening to stone throw's new podcast, bout to continue writing a paper that i started last night.

• Just put my car in the shop for a tune-up...gettin' it ready for LA and I can't wait to hit up The Funky Sole.

Listening to Frank's Afro Mix 4 on the Desktop at work

Have a good rest of the week Strutters...

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts
    German Bar-b-q? American imperialism must be stopped.

american/african 45s, belgium beer & some swiss/argentinian meat pieces...

• ... bar-b-q and these sides:

cheers

YAH! raer

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    relaxing with a cup of joe and listening to that 6 disc "Top Ranking Girls" comp.

!!!!!!!!

are you in Toronto?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I'm scheduled to do a brief phone interview with Stephen Marley tonight

the only brains behind the Marley empire nowadays it seems.

ask him what happened to Ziggy. shit is bugged out.

!!!!!!!!

are you in Toronto?

naw, a good friend of mine does, and sent it to me.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Just settin' here at work with "I Don't Want To Lose You," a Chicago soft-soul gem by the Classic Sullivans, playing on the computer iTunes.

!!!!!!!!

are you in Toronto?

great comp - glad it's getting around. does he know Stephen / did he know David?

!!!!!!!!

are you in Toronto?

great comp - glad it's getting around. does he know Stephen / did he know David?

I'm not sure, he did give me the breakdown around the project though. So happy Stephen finished it for David (after his passing).

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    lying in my window watching trams cars and bikes.
    city noise is my music till i fall asleep again.

So happy Stephen finished it for David (after his passing).

many of us, too.

• I have been bumping Original Concepts LP on Def Jam...Also, been loving anything Kraftwerk lately...Bobby Humphrey "black & blues" as well...

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    I just got back from playing soccer and i'm now smoking a joint and listening to Les Baxter's Bora Bora LP.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I've just been burning a bowl, grubbin on some naan bread, and kickin it to this:

Prince KILLED IT on that OST.

working, feeling glum that i'm not at Utrecht and angry/sad that Man forgot to bring the Ultimate Spinach record home for me last night and now I have to wait for him to get home at midnight before i get to hear it.

i'm listening to the Marvin Gaye instrumentals.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm back home from seeing the dentist, my mouth is half numb for the Novacain and half in pain because the Novacain is wearing off. I'm drooling all over myself and occasionally spitting blood--so, typical Wednesday, in other words. Dentist told me my mouth would hurt for a week and gave me a Vicodin prescription, though I'd rather not take 'em. Goddamn dentists.

gave me a Vicodin prescription

P*te check your PMs!!!

• I'm headin out to New Jerusalem in my whip, pumpin that new Killa Cam.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm back home from seeing the dentist, my mouth is half numb for the Novacain and half in pain because the Novacain is wearing off. I'm drooling all over myself and occasionally spitting blood--so, typical Wednesday, in other words. Dentist told me my mouth would hurt for a week and gave me a Vicodin prescription, though I'd rather not take 'em. Goddamn dentists.

yo if you don't want them I'll take them

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

P*te check your PMs!!!

Ha, I was wondering which one of you dopefiends was gonna be the first to try to get at my prescription. Remember: Drugs are for losers! (Unless you are a winner, in which case drugs are for winners.)

P*te check your PMs!!!

Ha, I was wondering which one of you dopefiends was gonna be the first to try to get at my prescription. Remember: Drugs are for losers! (Unless you are a winner, in which case drugs are for winners.)

yeah I was just kidding. I am constipated enough without synthetic opiates.