Can someone fill me in on Marcofunk?

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Curious what the deal is with dude. Read his name numerous times on here, cant really tell what the general feeling is all about. Good or Bad? Yay or Nay? He pointed out that our listing was in the wrong genre, bid and won...cheap record at best..but failed to pay. Upon contact, payment was made....though wants us to make sure it is " funky and soulful or some kind of funky jazz"....shouldnt he know what he is buying beforehand? Why is it up to me to decide what he "might" like ??Ebay isnt really the place to be buying shit you dont know about or have never heard, IMO.Please to share the psychosis of Marco...or as I like to call him Macro.Thanks.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Sounds like you've had the full experience already.

Did you get the 42 e-mails in 3 hours yet?

That might be the only part you aren't already an expert
    on yourself. There's not much more to him than that.
    Big $$$ spent, big pain in the ass.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    He is hit or miss, and extremely erratic. My one experience selling to him was pretty flawless, immediate payment and he paid an absurd amount for a one-tracker where the one track is available on 45. I have heard people have issues though, but they seem to get resolved eventually. His main thing is that he pretty much NEVER loses an auction, if he wants it money is no issue.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    alright well this all makes sense, since I couldnt really put my finger on what he was about.

I haven't had an abundance of emails yet, but I was the one to file the unpaid notice.

I'm just concerned our ten dollar record isn't funky enough for him, ( when are they ever?) especially because its jazz and he was the one that pointed that out.

Do I care if its funky jazz?...not really. Does 1984 mean anything to you Marco?

I think Funkyiness or listenability should be a new grade in the system.

On a Macro scale of 1-10 this may be a 7 or it could be a 3 depending on how you look at it. '

just kiddin' trying to see the lighter side of things right now.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    sort of high maintenance but bids like no other... if you have the patience to deal w/ him, you'll be rewarded 10 fold..

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    His real name is supertoaster, and he is only 15!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

His main thing is that he pretty much NEVER loses an auction, if he wants it money is no issue.

True, I have experienced that, as a bidder.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I recently took marco off my banned bidders list 'cause I missed that Swiss Ca$h!

Sellers BEWARE, though.

If shit is not to his liking he will pull some sheisty shit. I sold him a record and apparently he already had it in his vast library of funky LPs. He sent me 17 urgent e-mails over a holiday weekend which I failed to answer because it was fucking Easter. Arrived Monday mornin, checked my e-mail, and saw a $150 chargeback. Now I was out a record and $150. Fortunately he returned the record, but still. Not my fault that he already had the fucking record.

• I have only been outbid by Marcofunk on some afro stuff. Has anybody ever sniped him and won an auction he was bidding on?

Peace,

Dress

• Has anybody ever sniped him and won an auction he was bidding on?

Last big record I had up that he bid on Josh stomped his ass in the last minute.

SONIC

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Not my fault that he already had the fucking record.

going through this exact situation right now.. i dunno, it's a tough call, but in the end we need that mega bidder $$

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Fuck him. He's not the only complete idiot with money on eBay.