Photo Essay 6/13/05 holler

2»

Comments

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts

Graffiti, know what I mean?

Now your talkin! I need to learn how to post up my own photo's soon...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    wow.
    motherfucker.....
    you are this shit, start to finish
    always in the pocket
    always in the zone
    philly essential oil..a lifetime of culture boiled down into one humble human
    walk tall big dog.

and i always thought you somehow looked like cannonball adderly

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i dont know about that avatar.
    what you been getting into???!?!

ps. i just missed my flight to italy. wes's fault.
    you give espo that record

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Prolly a stupid question, but

same Espo?

Yup. Cosmo pointed this out to me. I forget what page it is in the Street Market book (the one with TWIST, ESPO, and REAS) ESPO painted Cosmo's portrait onto a paint tray (the one on the facing the page with Futura's on it).

COSMO is THAT DUDE for this thread.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    This is a beautiful thread.

Let's see some more, 'Strutters!!!

• thank you for being rad

• This is a beautiful thread.

Let's see some more, 'Strutters!!!

No doubt.

Thanks C

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Here're some random impressions of my better days.

A friend just came back from London (Little Venice) where he studied Animation Production. His granddad is the most famous artists in Portugal, so he's got mad conncetions. He dicovered some good record stores in Porto and should be able to clean out his families collection soon(Brazilian raer).

Here we are drinking beer, watching pictures from old Portugese magazines, picking boogers and playing the EKO Tiger organ. Spending two hours in a green lighted room is stupid. You'll see everything in pink later on.

Hammond Explosion by Dieter Reith!

record store in Mainz (Cosmophonic was supposed to check it out, but he went on the day that George W. Bush was visiting - noone was allowed to go outside - security and police everywhere!)

record convention in T??bingen/Germany. One of the best conventions I've been to. Hanging out at Krautbreaks tables. He's listening to my De Wolfe Big Beat by Nick Ingman!

check the paintings. We couldn't figure out what this was. Either a private museum or an art collector's house.

Visiting a friend of mine in Dortmund. What a city. Seen a burning gas station, 3 huge street fights, crack pipes, cocaine dealers, hookers, but no records at all.

nature taking over!

my new home town Marburg. Castles all over. This is Europe:

record store in Marburg (nice 60s style). my girlfriend chillin'

Ugly Duckling concert in Germany. Dizzy Dustin talking to people about his scars and his cousin MC Eight. I stiil don't know if Einstein liked the records I gave him (Afro Rock on De Wolfe amongst them). Dude never PMed again. What a shame!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Word up, Grope. Europe looks mad chill. I definitely want to make it over to Germany one day, check out all the scene and whatnot.

Street Market book (the one with TWIST, ESPO, and REAS) ESPO painted Cosmo's portrait onto a paint tray (the one on the facing the page with Futura's on it).

Word up.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Word up, Grope. Europe looks mad chill. I definitely want to make it over to Germany one day, check out all the scene and whatnot.

Thanks Cosmo. Yeah, you should try to make it over. Germany can be totally nice. If you know where to go.
    I've been talking about starting my own Funk and Jazz night at some German club for ever now. Maybe it'll all work out one day. I'd love to see more US DJs in Germany/Europe. You should try to tour through Europe! And have a gig at my future club night! People over here are getting more and more open to Jazz and Funk. Some TV stations are playing Nu Funk tunes on Home Improvement shows!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    BIZZZZOMP...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    nice.

so i have a habit of rightclick/saving images i find on my late night innerweb crawlings, ive been doing it for years, but the thing is, thats all i do, i rightclick/save and now i have thousands of images that i dig for one reason or another but no context, no descriptions, no soul. Thats what i dig about what Cos did, its the stories that make you appreciate the images more.

anyways, if anyone wants to get their rightclick/save game on, i have thrown all my saved images up here: http://nzshadow.tumblr.com/

theres a shit-ton of record related shots too.

ok, whatever, see ya.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

my rigtclicksave
    mixtape cover potential is like the eternal moodyloopz quest

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    nzshadow said:

anyways, if anyone wants to get their rightclick/save game on, i have thrown all my saved images up here: http://nzshadow.tumblr.com/

Those wave shots are bananas.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    This was a really great thread. I'm always hoping Cosmo never stops posting here.

nzshadow's pics... I want some Unicorn meat!!!

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Would love to be able to re-read Cosmo's story from the Hollertronix board!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    roisto said:

HELLO

What sort of story would that be?

Hollerboard is long gone. So is a lot of my memory. But remind me and I'll try to recall.
    DuderonomySoundOutLoud

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    roisto said:

HELLO

What sort of story would that be?

Hollerboard is long gone. So is a lot of my memory. But remind me and I'll try to recall.

HELLO.

I meant the "Monday Night At Fluid" story about Doom. I remember that it was great but I've lost pretty much all the details.

•    

• There's an earlier 2005 blog writeup of this story, with a few more details if you're interested.
    http://pauly79.blogspot.com/2005/06/mf-doom-story.html
    roisto