You guys like this record right?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I dont really hear to much chatter around here about it, but this shit is sounding so fresh to me right now. FIrst cd ive actually got off my ass to support in a long time. Go ballerina P! What do you haters think?

Comments

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts

There was a thread about it a while back.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

There was a thread about it a while back.

I am making a new one because the record deserves it, and because im big enough to do it.

so erryone post your opinions here again please.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I found it refreshing, although I did not like how Prodigy changed his voice a little to sound more "GUnit-y"
    Faux found it "decent"
    BATMON did not like it because it retrod some treaded sample ground
    Others mostly liked it, but weren't emphatic about it.
    Skreetz are "pleasantly surprised."

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    It's alright.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    yes.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    It's alright.

cosine. it has it's moment's but it didn't live up to the hype IMO.. on the upside, P doesn't sound like he's phoning it in like on 'blood money'

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    I like it. Can't be mad at some of the loops on there at all. I don't really know about rap though. Batmon is the king.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Warmed over Sopranos Rapp.

Its got some joints on it. But overall...ehh. I dont return to it the way i do w/ Devin & Redman.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    At first i just thought it was alright, but now I really like it.

and the raps are dope!

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    At first i just thought it was alright, but now I really like it.

and the raps are dope!

I really fuck with the one's Muro gave him the records for and the Tanna Gardner.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    dope as mixtape. only shit im listening to right now

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    prodigy has sickle cell anemia

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Is that a sample from Blacula they used on New York Shit?

• I like it a lot and it has held up to multiple listens. I like it more than HNIC or 1st Infantry.

Those loops are dope.

• I actually went to the store and bought this. That's saying A LOT these days.

this album is great. Is prodigy sloppy and lazy at times .. yup. Is the best album in a long time? Yup.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Its got some joints on it. But overall...ehh. I dont return to it the way i do w/ Devin & Redman.

"Stuck on you" =

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I've had the "Legends" beat in my head all morning.

Is the best album in a long time? Yup.

"Best"?

Best...

In a long time?

To each his own.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I found it refreshing, although I did not like how Prodigy changed his voice a little to sound more "GUnit-y"
    I thought it was alright for these same reasons. If prodigy sounded as raw as he did 13 years ago this album would have been really nice. He just sounds very old. Good production from Alchemist though.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Thought it was ok but a little, how can I put this tactfully, unexciting. A reasonably large proportion of the tracks seemed to drift in one ear and out the other.

LOL at Amazon reviews though:

http://www.amazon.com/Return-Mac-Prodigy...77317217&sr=8-1

this is defintely not The Prodigy; the heavy electronic beats and power that you may wish it is. This is some tired wannabee rap crap, don't waste your $$. This is going on E-Bay right now. This is the worst piece of deception ever, how dare they try to pass this off as The Prodigy!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i heard Prodigy i thought it meant the techno band Prodigy not the rapper Prodigy. Whatever it is this is terrible. The title track Stuck on You is about as bad as it comes. I am really sick of the chipmunk voices in rap music. This isn't even good based on mainstream rap standards. He sounds like The Game but this music isn't catchy at all. If your as sick as i am of hearing rappers talk about how cool they are and they run the town check out Roots Manuva, Del the Funky Homosapien, Dangerdoom, or De la Soul or any of the Gorillaz songs thier associated with. Bus Driver is pretty good too. And The Alchemist sucks.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    wow, these amazon reviews are hilarious

This is NOT The Prodigy!!!! Crap rap!!![/b]

A pathetically amateur gangster-rap demo reel at best - NOT Prodigy at worst.[/b]

I found this CD fairly annoying to listen to and certainly upsetting by calling themselves "Prodigy"... THIS IS NOT PRODIGY. I don't know who mixed up trademarks or whatever it takes to retain an artists' name but this is not even a good rap album. Just some fairly sad, rank, armature mix tracks with some gangster-thug talking about how he's all tough... What a detriment to society he is. I don't usually review CD's here (and I've purchased a lot over the years) but this CD definitely deserves some negative reviews more than any I've ever listened to. It if were possible to rate this CD with negative stars I would. It's not worth the plastic it's printed on. The fact that someone thought this was worthy of public consumption is an embarrassment to the human race.

• dirtyboydirtyboy 16 Posts

This isn't even good based on mainstream rap standards. He sounds like The Game but this music isn't catchy at all.
    . And The Alchemist sucks.

Lol, this, along with the close-up pic of that BEP dude with the proper description written under it in that LA clubs thread, made my monday morning worth living.

I think the tape is ok but nothing amazing. I recomend everyone who hasn't already to cop/check out the Insomnia mixtape by Alc from '03. Got much of the same wibe to it, but without the now somewhat mediocre prodidgy all over the place.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    As Faux would say... if you don't like this then you don't like rap. ha.

Kidding, This was a really good album and has stayed in rotation for me. The Beats are dope pretty much start to finish, the tongue and cheek references to MAC variations are nothing BUT quality, and yeh Prodigy is sloppy and a little off on some of the album but he still sounds a hell of a lot better than he did on that Mobb Deep trash on G-Unit Records.

For me this by far kills the Redman which is about 15 tracks too long.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

What made Reggie Noble put 20+ tracks on his album?
    Oh yeah, Return of the Mac shreds and gets better with each listen.

According to sources (cough), he actually is not really happy with album. Dunno if that is the case or not, but it definately was ehhh. Better than Malpractice though, but not as good as the Gillahouse mixtapes.

Wow.

Prodigy > Redman

to each his own

Wow.

Prodigy > Redman

to each his own

We're talking about the latest redman album right? If so then yes, by far.

Redman does not get a pass for an ok album just because he is Redman.

I did however think the Redman album was ALOT better than I anticipated, but then again after Malpractice and that single they half heartedly dropped last year I expected a pretty bad album.

Wow.

Prodigy > Redman

to each his own

We're talking about the latest redman album right? If so then yes, by far.

Redman does not get a pass for an ok album just because he is Redman.

I did however think the Redman album was ALOT better than I anticipated, but then again after Malpractice and that single they half heartedly dropped last year I expected a pretty bad album.

I cant get past Prodigy's boring flow/rehashed 90's 'gangsta' lyrics/Mobster posturing. Shit is so old.
    C'mon. The whole package is crazy neanderthal.

I find the varied production on Redman's joint way more adventuring than Alchemist's output.
    This is a return to form for Redman IMO.
    For Prodigy its business as usual.IMO

Dont mind me cause i was never a Slobb Deep fan.