What is with high priced really bad 90's rap cds?!

124»

Comments

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    Nemesis is common and not particularly good.

The second pressing on Profile might be common, but the local Dallas issue on Get Off Me Records is kind of tough.

SNAKE BEATS

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Nemesis is common and not particularly good.

The second pressing on Profile might be common, but the local Dallas issue on Get Off Me Records is kind of tough.

SNAKE BEATS

Yes, Snake Beats.

There's a local Dallas pressing of the Trendsetter 12" as well.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    OK, so I'm looking at this local Nemesis To Hell And Back pressing and the picture on the front reveals several notable things:

Of the nine dudes pictures, seven of them have Cazals or Cazal knock-offs.
    There is a dude with a broken foot, chilling on crutches, quite possibly a former member of Left & Right Shoe MCs.
    Dude that looks like a fake Willie D is sporting a huge clock and requisite Raiders gear.
    For the seven without the scratch to rock Jordans, apparently Lotto was the next best thing.
    Le Coq Sportif was certainly the shit in Dallas in 1988.
    There is a white dude with straight-up skater bangs, nailing with authority the Parker Lewis look.
    To counter the fake Willie D, there is a Scarface imposter with a three-finger ring that looks like a piece of duct tape.
    Two of the crew have cordless mics for no apparent reason other than to subtly proclaim, "I am one of the rappers."
    Back cover photo reveals slightly enlarged posse, complete with (not so) fly girl and a couple forty-something dudes.
    Strangely, there is no lowered mini-truck, perhaps Ron C had rented the only game in town for his Trendsetter 12-inch cover.
    The name of the album is so grossly inappropriate, this shit should have been called To Chess King And Back.

That is all.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    OK, so I'm looking at this local Nemesis To Hell And Back pressing and the picture on the front reveals several notable things:

Of the nine dudes pictures, seven of them have Cazals or Cazal knock-offs.
    There is a dude with a broken foot, chilling on crutches, quite possibly a former member of Left & Right Shoe MCs.
    Dude that looks like a fake Willie D is sporting a huge clock and requisite Raiders gear.
    For the seven without the scratch to rock Jordans, apparently Lotto was the next best thing.
    Le Coq Sportif was certainly the shit in Dallas in 1988.
    There is a white dude with straight-up skater bangs, nailing with authority the Parker Lewis look.
    To counter the fake Willie D, there is a Scarface imposter with a three-finger ring that looks like a piece of duct tape.
    Two of the crew have cordless mics for no apparent reason other than to subtly proclaim, "I am one of the rappers."
    Back cover photo reveals slightly enlarged posse, complete with (not so) fly girl and a couple forty-something dudes.
    Strangely, there is no lowered mini-truck, perhaps Ron C had rented the only game in town for his Trendsetter 12-inch cover.
    The name of the album is so grossly inappropriate, this shit should have been called To Chess King And Back.

That is all.

Word. Now please to break down the Byron Davis & the Fresh Crew lp cover!

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    how much will my copy of Domino's cd go for

i will put my anotha level up for sale right now.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Damn, how did I miss this thread?!?