Production-strut - Keyboard question

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I'm transcribing an interview with a producer who mentions that he uses what sounds like "an Oxion - 24 keys" which I'm assuming is a keyboard synthesizer. The problem is that I can't find a synth named an Oxion or Oxyon or anything similar. Anyone out there know what this might be referring to? Danke.

Comments

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    I'd say its the Axiom from M-Audio.

Or an Oxygen, but they were older and bigger I believe.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Axiom sounds closest. Also, he definitely said, "24 keys" so it's not one of the 61 key models. I'm guessing it might be the Axiom 25-key and he just miscounted. Thanks fellas.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Or the Oxygen 8, which is a 25 key model that I've got. Axiom has the 8 small mpc type pads though.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I'm transcribing an interview with a producer who mentions that he uses what sounds like "an Oxion - 24 keys" which I'm assuming is a keyboard synthesizer. The problem is that I can't find a synth named an Oxion or Oxyon or anything similar. Anyone out there know what this might be referring to?

Danke.

yeah, its definitely the axiom. you should also know that its just a midi controller and doesnt really do anything. I hope you found out what software hes using it with....