A new great verse from a great rapper...

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

For sure. You know he has a prime radio spot on Power 96 (the original back in the day hip-hop station) in South Florida?

His show is on 99 Jamz, not power 96.

Power 96 is def not the "original back in the day hip-hop station". In the mid-late 80's that shit was 80% freestyle & bass music and 20% everything else "dance" oriented. They didn't play any hip-hop and r&b til the early 90's.

Ok, my bad on the frequency mix-up. But who was playing hip-hop before that? I don't remember another radio station that was even fucking with hip-hop before power96, and college radio does not count.

Ok...

Hot 105 before they went "urban adult contemporary"was playing all the local "rap" records as early as 91 (Half-Pint, Disco Rick, Poison Clan, 2 Live Crew, about 20+ songs that used "dance to the drummers beat") and had been playing mostly rap since 89. They were the 1st major station in Miami that was geared towards rap music.

99jamz has also been playing rap music since 90 give or take a year. All throughout the 90's it was 99jamz vs hot105 for the top "urban" spot. That ended in 96 when both stations were bought by cox radio and hot105 went soft.

Power96 has been a dance & top-40 station since the mid 80's. Anyone who grew up on "Miami" radio during that time will tell you the same.

miami college radio=

88.9 the Funkbox=

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    (fat joe and rick ross aside)

Don't hate.

I[/b] don't like[/b] to waste energy hating[/b], but this guy is a dumbass and can't rapp

It blows my mind that he's been popular as long as he has

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    does not count.

Ok...

Hot 105 before they went "urban adult contemporary"was playing all the local "rap" records as early as 91 (Half-Pint, Disco Rick, Poison Clan, 2 Live Crew, about 20+ songs that used "dance to the drummers beat") and had been playing mostly rap since 89. They were the 1st major station in Miami that was geared towards rap music.

99jamz has also been playing rap music since 90 give or take a year. All throughout the 90's it was 99jamz vs hot105 for the top "urban" spot. That ended in 96 when both stations were bought by cox radio and hot105 went soft.

Power96 has been a dance & top-40 station since the mid 80's. Anyone who grew up on "Miami" radio during that time will tell you the same.

miami college radio=

88.9 the Funkbox=
    I remember '91 or '92 listening to hip hop on power96. Before that I have no memory of hip hop at all. So I only go back fifteen years. Your knowledge outlives mine.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    as I said back in April in the young-Weezy-spits-hot-fire-on-track-featuring-annoying-yelling-hypeman-faux-DJ-Khaled:

Khaled

this guy could go away forever and would be missed only by his close friends and family.