Night Owl Record Show Pics

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Couple of members from the band Smegma.Ebiquity recording artists Omegawatts with Vanguard Squard's Asprin and Mr Jeigh.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    There were some incredible rare posters on display from Joe kregal's collection:

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Semi-unrelated: ohmegawhatts is some heat. that track they did with Quantic soul orchestra is
    im not sure if it was released in 05 or 06 but its my favorite hip hop track of that year.

Just Alice with some guy from Waxyd and that girl from Chicago (Denise?) & Owl Karl who is over at some auido forum.

Recordmonger the hardest working man in the record biz, and Thom, and some record.

DJ Universal Sect.

Josh did a great job rocking the room for 5 hours. Can I get an amen!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

DJ Universal Sect.

ive always wanted to be known as dj universal sect. really, life-long dream...

I didn't get pics of Dr Delay or Twoply or DelmotFarichild or Cpeetz or a lot of other famous people who were there.

Sorry I missed the after party. As it was I didn't get to bed till after 11, 2 hours later than normal.

Semi-unrelated: ohmegawhatts is some heat. that track they did with Quantic soul orchestra is
    im not sure if it was released in 05 or 06 but its my favorite hip hop track of that year.

Ohmegawhatts appreciation is always welcomed.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    this event looks like a success.
    the question remains...
    Wheres the Pron?

this event looks like a success.
    the question remains...
    Wheres the Pron?

This was typical of the $3 - $15 stuff I brought

You were talking about records weren't you?

• You were talking about records weren't you?

people talk about records on this board ?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

people talk about records on this board ?
    its frowned upon

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I didn't get pics of Dr Delay or Twoply or DelmotFarichild or Cpeetz or a lot of other famous people who were there.

Lol. You claim you didn't get a picture of me... right below a picture of me? (Arms crossed, looking serious in the background.)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Recordmonger the hardest working man in the record biz, and Thom, and some record.

This pic is screaming graemlinization, but not sure what quote would be appropriate....

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    "How many piercings do YOU have?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Great show, didn't find much for myself, but I sold tons and made
    a nice chunk of change for a "lightweight seriously part-time" record
    dealer. Best part is most the stuff I held off Ebaying didn't sell, so I still
    have all the heavy's left over.
    Twoply what up? Good to meet ya...
    Sorry I never got back to you at the club.
    I had an entourage that was trying to go to a couple more spots
    and all those vodka tonics were working their magic so, you know how that goes.
    Anytime you are in Seattle holla.
    Delay had it going on, the man can DJ quite well.
    He had the party rockin!

Thanks again Mr. Lazer Wolf, you created a really cool event
    that is killing the Seattle record shows.
    I'll be back in October for sure!

Here be my 4 finds:

• the_jthe_j 49 Posts
    where was this? the seattle area?
    I'm long ways away in Dublin, but looks great, and is a cracking idea.

where was this? the seattle area?
    I'm long ways away in Dublin, but looks great, and is a cracking idea.

Portland Oregon

Delay had it going on, the man can DJ quite well.
    He had the party rockin!

Thanks again Mr. Lazer Wolf, you created a really cool event
    that is killing the Seattle record shows.
    I'll be back in October for sure!

Could not have done it without the other Owls, asprin, Delmont and Karl and original Owl Twoply. Plus all the cool record people and the Eagles Aerie.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

Dear Mr. "Notebook Digger"

What part of the game is that?

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts

hahaha. The show likes cool, seeing this makes me wish I would've never left Portland.

• I didn't get pics of Dr Delay

far right [t*m-on-blast-related] :

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Here be my 4 finds:

Sweet Marie is dope! I would have came out but didn't feel like driving.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

[/quote

This pic is screaming graemlinization, but not sure what quote would be appropriate....

It should say "I'm a boss". Craig is THE record dealer out here period.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I didn't get pics of Dr Delay

cute stuff, huh? that henry tree was the only record i walked away with that day.

other finds from the weekend:

gordon's war ost
    boffa longo - s/t
    zoo - s/t

I didn't get pics of Dr Delay

I knew I had caught delay and 2ply, but I was too nice to point them out. But not so nice I cropped delay out.

People tell me you life in SF. That right? Finally quit the day job?

Sweet Marie is dope! I would have came out but didn't feel like driving.

Yeah that record is pretty nice, I listened to it all the way through tonight.
    It's even autographed by the entire trio!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

Just Alice with some guy from Waxyd and that girl from Chicago (Denise?) & Owl Karl who is over at some auido forum.

I have to admit this is one of my worst pictures on one of my worst days in a long long time.

My apologies for not being myself. Earlier on this day, in the morning, I learned that my grandmother had died, I had a work meeting an hour before the nightowl and in between those two events I managed to have a major blowout with my brother, in front of my work, which involved 86'ing him from the bar and receiving death threats all day via text message. ( and on through the past 2 days, the last being 15 min. ago ) Also I spent most of this day conversing with my pop who is in Utah with his family.

It was a really hard day. I looked at maybe one table of records and didnt buy one thing. I drank a lot and tried to put on a brave face. I was tired and torn. I wanted to go to XV that night but instead I laid awake all night tossing and turning while occasionally vomiting and milking a possible ulcer.

On top of all that I had a friend in town I hadnt seen in two years....which was a good thing over all. Here are some photos from a couple days before which clearly show a brighter and cheerier self.

And now I walk towards happiness, hoping to see the light at the end of this tunnel.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Just Alice - ahh, that really bums me out. You probably don't remember me, but I met you at the last Night Owl show. Anyways, hang in there, keep yuour chin up and I hope things start looking up for you okay?

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Thank You so much.

I am feeling better today. I am sticking to my guns and cutting my brother out of my world. I am not going to have this kind of stress and am going to continue to work towards what we have been building. Like everyone had advised before, I have offered to help when he ( my bro) is ready and until then I have chosen let him go. Shit has gotten pretty volatile and it is scary, but I will face the consequences and face new issues as they come I suppose. Things come in threes or when it rains it pours....I still like " all shit rolls downhill" a wise man once told me.

I have been trying to figure out who you WERE Parsec, since the great name change of 07'

Thank for the kind words for sure, Im sure all this will toughen me up a bit.

Thanks alot to Delay to for coming out and doing your thing. I hope everything went smooth at XV. Thanks for the CD's too AND the MC Shan.....that was the only record I got that day and I love it! I picked it out for its sound. Im sure its easier to understand where I was coming from that day on the unavaliable and not quite with it tip. Again, my apologies. I did my best and thought Jameson did a good job of helping me get through.