greatest not-yet-made comic-film adaptation...

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I haven't been up on comics for years now, but what the hell. I'll start with this one:

Comments

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Your avatar is off the chain. Did you design that?

• This was the biggest deal when I was younger.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

The original comic crossover event, and the original source of Spiderman's black alien costume.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    the most criminally slept on dude ever
    luther manning
    aka DEATHLOK THE DEMOLISHER

a Black Superhero/cyborg/half man trapped in a CIA/Government sponsored post apocolyptic manhattan Nightmare.
    pre robo cop,pre terminator
    The Great Rich Buckler is His Daddy
    they are adapting this into a film [finally]
    also the Original storyline that accompanied the first character from astonishing tales [1973] was brilliant yet vicious.
    I beleive that the paranoid twisted constructs of my mind/personality and my skepticism/abhorance for authority and the government directly stem from reading this Marvel Comic as a young kid.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I haven't been up on comics for years now, but what the hell. I'll start with this one:

I'm not particularly up on comic nowadays either, but I remember a TV movie/pilot of a Doctor Strange adaptation many years ago that, through a haze of childhood nostalgia, I remember being not without potential.

• souldropsouldrop 40 Posts
    All Great Ideas!

INHUMANS - yes BLACK BOLT!!
    DEATHLOCK- Oh Yeah!!!!!!!! Glad to hear this is in the works
    Doctor Strange

what about LUKE CAGE and with IRON FIST in the Sequel?

I thought I had heard once Snipes was trying to get with BLACK PANTHER..
    does anyone know where dude is now?

peace

• I'm not particularly up on comic nowadays either, but I remember a TV movie/pilot of a Doctor Strange adaptation many years ago that, through a haze of childhood nostalgia, I remember being not without potential.

I recently watched the original Dr. Strange TV movie and while I remembered it being mind blowing as a kid, it did not move me the same 25 years later. An update would be nice.

How about:

or let's give one to the weedheads:

or the Canadians:

SONIC

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    yes i agree on Dr Strange and the freak bros
    can't beleive that hasn't been tapped yet

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

its a cover of a jazz piano book

it seems that making a movie about this guy

would be a breeze..dark past, badass charachter militia guerilla fighting, swords guns vigilante mercenary turns into world saving hero

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Scorsese Directing?

the most criminally slept on dude ever
    luther manning
    aka DEATHLOK THE DEMOLISHER

a Black Superhero/cyborg/half man trapped in a CIA/Government sponsored post apocolyptic manhattan Nightmare.
    pre robo cop,pre terminator
    The Great Rich Buckler is His Daddy
    they are adapting this into a film [finally]
    also the Original storyline that accompanied the first character from astonishing tales [1973] was brilliant yet vicious.
    I beleive that the paranoid twisted constructs of my mind/personality and my skepticism/abhorance for authority and the government directly stem from reading this Marvel Comic as a young kid.

Geat character, but how would u make him distinctive from all the other rogue cyborg movie's that have been done over the last 25 years?

Favorite Deathlok appearences...

And the miniseries that redefined him was heat.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    he was a black vietnam vet
    deathlok is begging samuel l jackson

he was a black vietnam vet
    deathlok is begging samuel l jackson

BAN

If i see samuel l jackson in another movie im gonna puke. We need new faces..pleez!!!

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

its a cover of a jazz piano book

it seems that making a movie about this guy

would be a breeze..dark past, badass charachter militia guerilla fighting, swords guns vigilante mercenary turns into world saving hero

Deathpool was always one of my favorites. dude is badass. it would definetly be a film that makes itself.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    c'mon people, its a no brainer - practically MADE for film...
    now that theyve done sin city and 300, they should return to his best work!

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

Ironjaw roams the world in earth's distant, post-apocalyptic future. He's a violent, amoral wanderer who lives for battle. Hired by rebels to help overthrow a tyrannical king, Ironjaw discovers his true heritage.

When he was an infant, his mother's lover killed Ironjaw's father, the true king, and ascended to the throne himself. With the complicity of the queen, the new king ordered the infant killed, since he would inherit the throne and depose the usurper upon reaching adulthood. A soft-hearted stablehand abandoned the infant on a snowy mountainside, rather than kill him.

After killing the tyrant-king, Ironjaw, identified by a distinctive birthmark as the true heir to the throne, is crowned king. Upon discovering to his dismay that "...a king cannot fight, or hunt, or steal or chase wenches...", Ironjaw chooses to slip away in the middle of the night, abandoning his new kingdom to resume his wanderer's ways.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

this is the first time ive EVER seen this reffered to as his best work. BUt i have not read it, should i check it out? Batmon?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

this is the first time ive EVER seen this reffered to as his best work. BUt i have not read it, should i check it out? Batmon?

I read it when I was in high school and loved it, but I hadn't seen a lot of the films he refrences in the book back then (massively influenced by Japanese samurai flicks). I think it would look too much like Shogun Assasin combined with Blade Runner, which while that would be cool, the future sci-fi samurai thing may seem a bit redundant at this stage.

Argueably YES. Its is the pre-cursor to the Dark Knight Return(yrs before).
    Its a must read. Along w/ his Daredevil run this is his coming out book.

You should be able to cop this in graphic novel form. It was all about Ronin in high school.

• valiant comics in the early 90's put out some great shit....

HARBINGER
    X-O MANOWAR
    SOLAR, MAN OF THE ATOM

sorry too lazy to post pics.

also INFINITY GAUNTLET was the shit..as was the related THANOS QUEST.......

secret wars would not work on the big screen ......

CABLE was an interesting character as well as BISHOP

oh, BTW ....X-MEN: XTINCTION AGENDA would kick ass.....thank you for this moment of capturing years of my youth

Pretty much a mix of Bladerunner/A.I./Demolition Man/and any other Robot concept.

But id like to see it fleshed out. Not alot of historical baggage tying it down and no NBA/burger king ads.

Dirty future w/ an evil Iron Man in 2020.

Even though I have problems w/ alot of the tinkering theyve done with Wolverine over the years, Im excited to see some Weapon X material in the proposed Wolverine solo flick. This has to be done well. PLEEZ!!!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Pretty much a mix of Bladerunner/A.I./Demolition Man/and any other Robot concept.

But id like to see it fleshed out. Not alot of historical baggage tying it down and no NBA/burger king ads.

What was artists name who drew that cover? Barry something? He did Archer and Armstrong too and the original Weapon X comics in Marvel Comics Presents. Used to be a favorite of mine. Is Valiant still around? I remember the Valiant/Image crossover being You'd think with Valiant writers and Image artists it would be amazing.

What was artists name who drew that cover? Barry something? He did Archer and Armstrong too and the original Weapon X comics in Marvel Comics Presents. Used to be a favorite of mine. Is Valiant still around? I remember the Valiant/Image crossover being You'd think with Valiant writers and Image artists it would be amazing.

Barry Winsdor Smith......pretty much owns CONAN.

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts

• TabneticTabnetic 206 Posts
    i was kinda feeling this one when i used to read comics:

Do you think it would translate to the movie game?

Image and the rest of those 90 indie just simply imploded. and many of the characters did weather the storm. Savage Dragon/Erik Larson is still doin it. Alot of those indie joints were just natural reactions to the industries artist practices. Sin City is top of the heap shit, but shit like Stormwatch/Nighthawk/etc were incredible for its time but Im skeptical for alot of these books getting the movie treatment.
    Didnt WitchBlade have a tv series?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Yeah, I used to buy anything Jim Lee would pencil. I actually bought the Batman and Robin series he did recently.

I remember there was like a 6 month wait between Wildcats #1 and #2. All the Image guys were terrible about releasing their comics on time.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

Scorsese Directing?

what's that two-bit pity Oscar receiving hack ever done?

• HamHam 872 Posts