Lawstrut Question

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Last night my bro got snabbed on his 2nd DUI. The first was seven years ago when he was 16. I was under the impression that when you turn 18, your juvenile record is cleared or sealed.Anyone know the MAss laws on that??

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I believe that you have to request to have your minor records expunged. It doesn't happen automatically. At least that's what it's like in California. I had a friend who got a DUI. First offense and they almost gave her 6 months in jail. She had to get a lawyer which cost her about $2500. Her lawyer got her on home arrest with the ankle bracelet and everything for 6 months. She was able to go to work only. She also had to pay a fat fine.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Last night my bro got snabbed on his 2nd DUI. The first was seven years ago when he was 16. I was under the impression that when you turn 18, your juvenile record is cleared or sealed.

Anyone know the MAss laws on that??

As far as I know--in Florida--only misdemeanors go away. I'm not sure how a DUI is classified, but more importantly your record is never totally wiped clean, it's just that if an employer or someone were to do a search then you would come up with a clean record. The court however, and most likely Johnny law, know everything.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    poor dude. he fucked up.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I believe that you have to request to have your minor records expunged. It doesn't happen automatically. At least that's what it's like in California. I had a friend who got a DUI. First offense and they almost gave her 6 months in jail. She had to get a lawyer which cost her about $2500. Her lawyer got her on home arrest with the ankle bracelet and everything for 6 months. She was able to go to work only. She also had to pay a fat fine.

That is out of control ridiculous. Did the DUI involve an accident or something out of the ordinary?

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

Whoa.

My boy got an Extreme DUI out here in AZ, got 10 days in the tents, work release, interlock has to be installed, classes, and maybe a $3,500.00 fine. And that WAS with a single car accident. Out here, they try to hit you with either an extreme dui, but for some unknown reason, they can charge you with MULTIPLE counts of DUI just so you have to plea and they can make one stick. They tried to hang 2 DUI's and the extreme on him, and he pleaded down to extreme to get the other 2 dropped. Didn't even tell him how in the HECK you can get THREE dui's for ONE offense.

But 6 months in the clink?

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts

Whoa.

My boy got an Extreme DUI out here in AZ, got 10 days in the tents, work release, interlock has to be installed, classes, and maybe a $3,500.00 fine. And that WAS with a single car accident. Out here, they try to hit you with either an extreme dui, but for some unknown reason, they can charge you with MULTIPLE counts of DUI just so you have to plea and they can make one stick. They tried to hang 2 DUI's and the extreme on him, and he pleaded down to extreme to get the other 2 dropped. Didn't even tell him how in the HECK you can get THREE dui's for ONE offense.

But 6 months in the clink?

fuck shreriff joe!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Quick suggestion., don't fucking drink and drive.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

Thats the best advice you can give !!!

That is out of control ridiculous. Did the DUI involve an accident or something out of the ordinary?

No, it was a case of cops staking out a bar. She drove 2 or 3 blocks and was pulled over.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

no fuckin shit. some people arent as fuckin smart as others.

• Quick suggestion., don't fucking drink and drive.

cause you might

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    My friend got his second DUI while on probation for the first. He might have to do 4 months in jail or the nuthouse.

I knew another guy that got three in two weeks and did like a year.

But he was from Tracy. Those are like a right of passage out there.

I remember going to Tracy when I used to street race. That town gets FLOODED with hotrods. I was amazed. It seemed like there were hundreds of cars everywhere looking to race.

It seemed like a boring place to live so I wouldn't be surprised if drinking and driving are regular events down there.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

I remember going to Tracy when I used to street race. That town gets FLOODED with hotrods. I was amazed. It seemed like there were hundreds of cars everywhere looking to race.

It seemed like a boring place to live so I wouldn't be surprised if drinking and driving are regular events down there.
    Other than going to the mall, that's about all they do there.